114-199

Scott Dierking

Yup, if we wre to take the Colts result out of the equation, the numbers would beer VERY ugly.

Give Rex credit,, he beat a rookie qb.

He didn't just beat him, he destroyed him. Luck almost ended up the 2nd Colts QB in 3 years with a broken neck. And isn't Luck the "best rookie prospect since Elway", having the "best rookie season of all-time"? Not my words there.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't just beat him, he destroyed him. Luck almost ended up the 2nd Colts QB in 3 years with a broken neck. And isn't Luck the "best rookie prospect since Elway", having the "best rookie season of all-time"? Not my words there.

It's one game against a run D that is perfect for the Jets to have success against and Sanchez did NOTHING in that game as per usual.

It's one game against a run D that is perfect for the Jets to have success against and Sanchez did NOTHING in that game as per usual.

Of course Sanchez didn't do anything. But the defense certainly did its job against a team that has somehow only lost 3 other games this season and beat the Packers. Yet according to Scott it was "just a rookie QB".

Vernon Gholston was a Mangini-era pick. And a big reason our drafts have sucked is that we've been winning and picking in the back ends of drafts. Under Herm and Mangini we had opportunities to move up for guys like Revis.

The only pick its been documented that Rex was 100 % responsible for was John Conner. I invite you to find me a link confirming Rex had more than a passing say in who gets drafted for his teams.

Its really not comparable either. Mangini had 2 picks in the top 6 and had a season where he had 2, 1st round picks. Also in that draft, Mangini took cant miss OL prospects. Its much different picking in the back of the draft and taking a DE or CB or trading up for a QB. Much higher bust potential.

lol. He's the f***ing GM, head of the scouting department! He makes picks based on who Bradway and co. think they should pick.

You think this awful logic that the Jets' HCs are entirely responsible for their drafts would have been flushed down the toilet when Rex came out and said how much he argued against the Hill pick. Especially considering that, at the time, he was trying to use that to say how wrong he was.

You think this awful logic that the Jets' HCs are entirely responsible for their drafts would have been flushed down the toilet when Rex came out and said how much he argued against the Hill pick. Especially considering that, at the time, he was trying to use that to say how wrong he was.

Bingo.

Blame Rex for mismanagement of the offense. But not for buying bad groceries.

The scouting department's sole purpose is to put in all that grunt work so the HC can manage the personnel he already has. They then make their recommendations to the GM who makes the final call. Of course, they try to match the talent to the HC's philosophy, but in this system, the HC has only minimal say on who, specifically, he gets.

Whenever HC's are also in charge of personnel, it usually results in disaster, and for good reason.

Actually, he's really not. Not for nothin' but Henne had two weapons on the field yesterday in Blackmon and Lewis that were both significantly better than anyone playing the same positions for the Jets and Henne produced fewer points than Sanchez.

Sanchez sucks, but Henne sucks more.

People who are so quick to excuse Sanchez for 1 or 2 receiver drops in a game here or there sure make it out like it's meaningless when it's other QBs suffer through 3-4x that amount. As are rookies like Blackmon running wrong routes (which I think was called out during the game) and 4 drops just from Blackmon and Elliot alone. I didn't keep total count, but on SNY they said Jacksonville dropped six passes. SIX. It's never-ending excuses when our receivers drop just 1 or even 2 passes and Sparano's fault something something. Lewis also left the game for a bit with a neck stinger. What I didn't see was a bunch of open Jaguars receivers with Henne just flat-out missing them. Not to mention our pass defense is a tad better than Jacksonville's and that Henne stinks anyway.

Sanchez is better than Skelton (5th round garbage from 3 years ago) and Lindley (rookie 6th round garbage) in Arizona. I think it's a stretch to say anyone else clearly sucks more than Sanchez. Maybe Cassel as well, but he's had far more individual success as a passer than Sanchez has in the past so it's not even clear to me and they're both so bad now. I guess I could comfortably say Cassel is having a worse season than Sanchez this year without a bunch of but's and if-not-for's and other qualifiers. Pretty sorry QB company we're left to debate about who Sanchez is better than.

People who are so quick to excuse Sanchez for 1 or 2 receiver drops in a game here or there sure make it out like it's meaningless when it's other QBs suffer through 3-4x that amount. As are rookies like Blackmon running wrong routes (which I think was called out during the game) and 4 drops just from Blackmon and Elliot alone. I didn't keep total count, but on SNY they said Jacksonville dropped six passes. SIX. It's never-ending excuses when our receivers drop just 1 or even 2 passes and Sparano's fault something something. Lewis also left the game for a bit with a neck stinger. What I didn't see was a bunch of open Jaguars receivers with Henne just flat-out missing them. Not to mention our pass defense is a tad better than Jacksonville's and that Henne stinks anyway.

Sanchez is better than Skelton (5th round garbage from 3 years ago) and Lindley (rookie 6th round garbage) in Arizona. I think it's a stretch to say anyone else clearly sucks more than Sanchez. Maybe Cassel as well, but he's had far more individual success as a passer than Sanchez has in the past so it's not even clear to me and they're both so bad now. I guess I could comfortably say Cassel is having a worse season than Sanchez this year without a bunch of but's and if-not-for's and other qualifiers. Pretty sorry QB company we're left to debate about who Sanchez is better than.

Just once in my lifetime I'd like to see the Jets have one full season with a truly great quarterback.

I held out on Sanchez longer than most partly because I am so desperate for a great QB I was thinking him turning it around would be quicker than us getting lucky in the draft at some point. Right now, I'd be happy if Sanchez were merely average.

Just once in my lifetime I'd like to see the Jets have one full season with a truly great quarterback.

I held out on Sanchez longer than most partly because I am so desperate for a great QB I was thinking him turning it around would be quicker than us getting lucky in the draft at some point. Right now, I'd be happy if Sanchez were merely average.

I would like to say I can't blame you for hoping. But I blame you for hoping.

You're seriously going to play this game? With that kind of logic (if you can even call it that), there literally isn't a single team in the entire NFL who's success you can't completely dismiss.

Nobody knows for sure who is most responsilbe for the picks, the Jets make sure of that.

BUT, I believe that Rex has had the biggest say in draft picks and personnel out of anyone, more than Tanny, more than badway.

I think that Tanny put his foot down with the Hill pick, because Rex wants nothing but defense, and Tanny and Co. realized how piss poor the offensive talent is on this team, and put their foot down that we needed to get some play makers.

Coples was a Rex guy, that has been documented several times over.

You guys act as though Tanny is or ever was a personnel guy, he was never anything close to that, he has no background to do that.

Are you saying a CEO is a HC? I dont think thats the right comparison.

Also, I do work with a lot of companies that the CEO is a figure head. The real work is done by the CFO, CIO or CTO. But, every company is unique so its hard to say.

A CEO is the absolute comparison to a HC in the NFL.

The CEO oversees everything, all strategy, all departments.

If a CEO comes from a sales background, they are going to be involved in Sales and Marketing, but they also share responsibility for every other area of the company. They don't get a free pass on operations because they are a sales guy, that is why they are CEO!

If a CEO is a sales guy, the operations leader, and/or the IT leader is that much more important since the CEO is handing them the reigns.

For a HC who is a DC or an OC, the opposite side's coordinator is more important than the same side of the ball they come from.

Rex does not seem to get this, nor care.

He seems to want to only deal with the defense.

It's a fatal flaw IMO.

Nobody knows for sure who is most responsilbe for the picks, the Jets make sure of that.

BUT, I believe that Rex has had the biggest say in draft picks and personnel out of anyone, more than Tanny, more than badway.

I think that Tanny put his foot down with the Hill pick, because Rex wants nothing but defense, and Tanny and Co. realized how piss poor the offensive talent is on this team, and put their foot down that we needed to get some play makers.

Coples was a Rex guy, that has been documented several times over.

You guys act as though Tanny is or ever was a personnel guy, he was never anything close to that, he has no background to do that.

When Mangini was here, the Jets only brought in high-character boy scouts. Since Rex has been here, they've prioritized headcases. If anyone thinks the Jets coach isn't the majority voice in who gets drafted here, they're daft. This is why Tannenbaum sucks so hard--there is zero added value to his presence in any capacity other than as a cubicle-dwelling abacus-clicker.

When Mangini was here, the Jets only brought in high-character boy scouts. Since Rex has been here, they've prioritized headcases. If anyone thinks the Jets coach isn't the majority voice in who gets drafted here, they're daft. This is why Tannenbaum sucks so hard--there is zero added value to his presence in any capacity other than as a cubicle-dwelling abacus-clicker.

Boar. Hunter.

Still won that trade.

Who's arguing? That dude knew how to build a team. What other ballers did he steal away from the Jets to build his dynasty. Eric Barton? David Bowens? CJ Mosley? Chansi Stuckey? Hank Poteat? Reggie Hodges?

That ****er could build a team. No doubt about it.

Who's arguing? That dude knew how to build a team. What other ballers did he steal away from the Jets to build his dynasty. Eric Barton? David Bowens? CJ Mosley? Chansi Stuckey? Hank Poteat? Reggie Hodges?

That ****er could build a team. No doubt about it.

Coaches are not GMs. That said, I'd rather ask Mangini who to draft than Rex at this point, and I'd even rather have Mangini in charge of developing that pick. Rex's personnel record is abysmal. He fixed Pouha and Garrett McIntyre, and got Cro focused. Everything else has been a disaster.

Coaches are not GMs. That said, I'd rather ask Mangini who to draft than Rex at this point, and I'd even rather have Mangini in charge of developing that pick. Rex's personnel record is abysmal. He fixed Pouha and Garrett McIntyre, and got Cro focused. Everything else has been a disaster.

**** yeah, I would. Clemens at QB. Gholston at OLB/DE. Keller at TE. Leon at RB. Read and reacting this league by storm.

Weeden is a lot better than Sanchez. Gordon is a stud. Trich is going to be at worst a good back.

The Browns have been competitive in pretty much every game this season. There is actual hope there.

No doubt. Next years surprise team. They are totally on the up and up.

I agree

Archived