114-199

Scott Dierking

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Mangini was here, the Jets only brought in high-character boy scouts. Since Rex has been here, they've prioritized headcases. If anyone thinks the Jets coach isn't the majority voice in who gets drafted here, they're daft. This is why Tannenbaum sucks so hard--there is zero added value to his presence in any capacity other than as a cubicle-dwelling abacus-clicker.

MOAR BOAR HUNTER.

If you peek at the right time you can throw out what happened earlier in the season. This is essentially the same team that got blown out by the pats and then went into foxborough in the playoff and shut them down. Look at the Gmen on their SB runs. Mighty Moe(mentum)!!! It is a hell of a thing.

You really cannot believe this can you?

Peaking...lol.

Looks like rex is back at patting himself on the back for beating a terrible team.

That's one of his biggest issues. He assumes everyone who listens to his pressers is stupid. Love to hear his take on his great defense blowing two consecutive oppurtunities where a stop would have given us a W in the first NE game and a 7-6 record.

Reading us defensive stats the past two weeks is insane and emarrassing.

That's one of his biggest issues. He assumes everyone who listens to his pressers is stupid. Love to hear his take on his great defense blowing two consecutive oppurtunities where a stop would have given us a W in the first NE game and a 7-6 record.

Reading us defensive stats the past two weeks is insane and emarrassing.

Considering that we are all in fact Jets fans, and big enough Jets fans to listen to his damn pressers at that, he might not be all that far off.

Word.

And it took them awhile to step up this year. The injuries early on took their toll...Revis, Pouha.

What I like about this defense heading into next year is that they have a legit DLine. Coples is showing signs and Wilkerson is legit. I would like to see more or Davis at Linebacker to see if he can really start next year. The secondary is set, Revis, Cro and Wilson with Bell and Landry (I am not sure of the contract statuses of all of them).

So when you are looking at the defense you are looking at two things to make them better:1

1. Linebacker help, Pace and Thomas need to go.

2. Like Slats said, get an offense that keeps the defense off the field and lets them take some more chances.

Really happy with the defense. And yes the opponents do stink. But if our terrible year is in the 8 and 8 \ 9 and 7 range that is a good thing.

i doubt we keep revis. our cap situation is one of if not the worst in the league. this team is far from set.

San Fran and Houston are 2 of the better. Hard to find what I would characterize as an "elite" defense these days.

And, San Fran's offense is hardly world beaters.

NE just beat up on Houston's defense a worse than they beat up on ours. And we'll see what they do against San Fran next week.

Therefore give Rex and Tannenbaum and Sparano and Sanchez and Holmes and the rest at least 3-4 more years.

I too remember Rex saying he gets one pick a year when he picked Connor. That says a lot about who is picking his teams or rather who is not making the picks.

Remember that Rex has spent his ENTIRE career on the defensive side of the ball prior to coming here. You think that after 3-4 years he should be able to revolutionize the west coast offense? No. He needs a good offensive coordinator to balance this team or else we will be just what we are. A team with a defense that needs to carry the offense. If Rex could whip up an offense in 3-4 years with little experience on that side of the ball he would be a football god. He has a very high football IQ but that is because his defensive side is off the charts. The offensive side he needs a good tutor.

carry on bashing the best coach we have had in a loooong time...

Archived