If Rex Stays As HC for 2013, Then The following Needs To Happen

Jet27

If Norv Turner is available, we should bring him in as OC. And we need to trade for a TE, WR and also a big RB (MJD)......

trading for MJD at this stage in his career seems like a bad choice.

as for norv that's actually not a horrific idea. but keep in mind they extended Sanchez partly to give him 2 years to learn the new offense (it's industry standard, most teams take 2 years to learn a new offense) if replace the OC now, it throws off the schedule of evaluating (and possibly dumping) sanchez.

as for norv that's actually not a horrific idea. but keep in mind they extended Sanchez partly to give him 2 years to learn the new offense (it's industry standard, most teams take 2 years to learn a new offense) if replace the OC now, it throws off the schedule of evaluating (and possibly dumping) sanchez.

You have no idea what schedule the morons in the FO are going to be on though.

+1

If they don't think Powell will be the full-time back and want a quick fix at RB for a year or two (minus injury games) to split carries, Fred Jackson will probably get cut. Damn good RB when healthy, costs no draft picks, and at 32 or whatever he should be cheap if no one else makes him any compelling offers. Better him with little guaranteed money than a first or second plus $20M guaranteed and $8-10M/year that we don't have for 28 year old MJD. He's awesome, but a team rebuilding its offense doesn't begin the process with a mega-expensive 28 year-old RB coming off injury (or "injury" depending on how you look at it) at the NFL's most injury-prone, young-man's position. Without a QB there's no point in doing anything except waiting out the guaranteed portion of his idiotic contract extension.

sanchez has been evaluated. he sucks

Yup, ask Jason Cambell about that, kid got a raw deal, he was never in the same offense for more than 1 year, and I'm not saying Cambell could have been a star, but he might have been a mid level starter, he did a very decent job getting Oak to 6-4 last year before his injury, and watched Palmer finish 2-4 with the same team.

Where are we getting the assets to make these trades?

Nevermind who we hire as coaches, this isn't Madden. Trades require even exchange of value. We've got nothing in the cupboard.

Jason Campbell on the cheap for a one year deal. Sit Sanchez and draft another QB after Sanchez and his pet albatross contract become extinct.

Jason Campbell on the cheap for a one year deal. Sit Sanchez and draft another QB after Sanchez and his pet albatross contract become extinct.

Hahaha... I wanted Campbell a couple years ago instead of a rookie, I got killed for that suggestion.

So it would be status quo then for another year right?

Hahaha... I wanted Campbell a couple years ago instead of a rookie, I got killed for that suggestion.

Should have gotten both. Of course then we would be discussing how Sanchez never got a fair chance in the open competition, like Kellen Clemens.

There's alot of space in between don't trade for MJD/sign norv and do nothing.

You're either for us or against us!

There's alot of space in between don't trade for MJD/sign norv and do nothing.

It can turn around quick-if the right people are making the decisions.

One thing you should recall from the Herman Edwards Error-not a lot of quality coaches are going to jump at the chance to join Rex Ryan's lame duck year.Ryan has shown somewhere between indifference to dislike of his offense. Your are asking the new OC to work around the dumb HC; not a recipe for succes. May be someone like Turner takes a big payday or demands a 2-year deal to fund his IRA. Either way no one is jumping up to work with this QB nor this HC nor a GM who has done as lousy a job as this. if Rex wants to keep spouting off about the wonders of Pick 6 he is digging this hole very deep.

It can turn around quick-if the right people are making the decisions.

One thing you should recall from the Herman Edwards Error-not a lot of quality coaches are going to jump at the chance to join Rex Ryan's lame duck year.Ryan has shown somewhere between indifference to dislike of his offense. Your are asking the new OC to work around the dumb HC; not a recipe for succes. May be someone like Turner takes a big payday or demands a 2-year deal to fund his IRA. Either way no one is jumping up to work with this QB nor this HC nor a GM who has done as lousy a job as this. if Rex wants to keep spouting off about the wonders of Pick 6 he is digging this hole very deep.

I believe that Ryan has too much ego than to allow a "name" coach to work his offense, in fear that that person may outshine him.

It is the only way I can explain some of his personnel development on that side of the ball

Over Sanchez and Tebow? LMAO

Tebow yes. Sanchez not a significant one. They're both bad. If we have to endure another year of Sanchez, let's set the place on fire with how bad the Jets are so they can go out and get a top QB come 2014 draft. I don't want another retread never was QB like Campbell coming and steering this team to mediocrity. We need to be awful in 2014 for anything to go right.

Tebow yes. Sanchez not a significant one. They're both bad. If we have to endure another year of Sanchez, let's set the place on fire with how bad the Jets are so they can go out and get a top QB come 2014 draft. I don't want another retread never was QB like Campbell coming and steering this team to mediocrity. We need to be awful in 2014 for anything to go right.

I live in Dc man. I watched Jason Campbell reluctantly for 5 years. He had a new HC and system every one of those years. People here made excuses for Sanchez because they changed WO's, Campbell had a new coach and new system. His last year in Oakland he was on his way to the playoffs before he got hurt. I'm not going to argue with you over who is better. I will just say I would like to see him compete for the starting position with Sanchez rather than Tebow. Thats all I got.

I live in Dc man. I watched Jason Campbell reluctantly for 5 years. He had a new HC and system every one of those years. People here made excuses for Sanchez because they changed WO's, Campbell had a new coach and new system. His last year in Oakland he was on his way to the playoffs before he got hurt. I'm not going to argue with you over who is better. I will just say I would like to see him compete for the starting position with Sanchez rather than Tebow. Thats all I got.

Not sure the Jets will be able to afford a decent vet backup this offseason. It'll be Sanchez, GMac and a rookie. That's how they do things. And there is still that report that Woody wants to keep Tebow. So they may not bring in anyone. And if they do I'd rather it not be Campbell.

Archived