Andrew Luck vs Mark Sanchez

FiremanEd42

Lets also not discount the head to head matchup between the two--Sanchez 35-Luck 9

I'd take Luck over Sanchez moving forward, but I dont think there is that big of a gap between the two

Little advice..

when riling up the natives make sure you believe what you're saying.

Lets also not discount the head to head matchup between the two--Sanchez 35-Luck 9

I'd take Luck over Sanchez moving forward, but I dont think there is that big of a gap between the two

Luck is taller, thats about the only difference I see.

Good thread.

Not saying that Sanchez is better than Luck, but talk about overrated.

Luck has a 55% completion percentage and 28 turnovers yet is considered an MVP candidate by ESPN

Hes actually on pace to have 34 turnovers by himself--Its amazing how this Colts team is 9-4.

Yeah four years in the league and Luck has barely improved.

Not saying that Sanchez is better than Luck, but talk about overrated.

Luck has a 55% completion percentage and 28 turnovers yet is considered an MVP candidate by ESPN

Hes actually on pace to have 34 turnovers by himself--Its amazing how this Colts team is 9-4.

It's called bring a rookie QB along the right way! Let him throw it, and continually throw it, he turns it over, you coach him, and tell him keep doing what your doing, and take every mistake you make along the way as a learning tool.

The Colts did this with P Manning, the Giants did it with Eli.

The Jets told Sanchez from day 1 not to turn it over, and killed him every time he did, and took the reigns in every mistake he made, IMO this is part if the reason Sanchez sucks so bad.

When you draft a QB in the 1st round to be your franchise QB from day 1, you have to know this comes with losing, and bad play AKA turnovers, bad decision making, you let them do it, coach them up, and never implement stupid rules on him while he is playing in the game, the goal is for the QB to get better playing his way, and keeping his confidence, never doubting his ability on the field.

This is where the Jets went really really really wrong with Sanchez, they never let him make mistakes, they put to much pressure on him to be a SB winning caliber QB from day 1. If your not willing to deal with the lumps, and growing pains that come with starting a rookie QB from day 1, you don't draft him to start, you either pass on the whole idea, or you get a Vet to bridge the gap for 1-4 years, depending on how raw said QB is.

Please you gotta be kidding! Luck is bigger, stronger arm, more accurate and has much better pocket presence. No comparison. Call up the Colts and tell them they could have Sanchez and we'll take Luck, see what they say. Not a big gap?

It's called bring a rookie QB along the right way! Let him throw it, and continually throw it, he turns it over, you coach him, and tell him keep doing what your doing, and take every mistake you make along the way as a learning tool.

The Colts did this with P Manning, the Giants did it with Eli.

The Jets told Sanchez from day 1 not to turn it over, and killed him every time he did, and took the reigns in every mistake he made, IMO this is part if the reason Sanchez sucks so bad.

When you draft a QB in the 1st round to be your franchise QB from day 1, you have to know this comes with losing, and bad play AKA turnovers, bad decision making, you let them do it, coach them up, and never implement stupid rules on him while he is playing in the game, the goal is for the QB to get better playing his way, and keeping his confidence, never doubting his ability on the field.

This is where the Jets went really really really wrong with Sanchez, they never let him make mistakes, they put to much pressure on him to be a SB winning caliber QB from day 1. If your not willing to deal with the lumps, and growing pains that come with starting a rookie QB from day 1, you don't draft him to start, you either pass on the whole idea, or you get a Vet to bridge the gap for 1-4 years, depending on how raw said QB is.

Where the Jets went wrong with Sanchez was in drafting him. He was never ever ever going to be a good QB. Too stupid, too mopey, and no instincts whatsoever. You could give him the game's best OC, QBC, OL, WRs, RBs, and TE; he'd still be among the league's worst. There was no coaching him and there is no coaching him and never will be any coaching him. Total garbage.

Where the Jets went wrong with Sanchez was in drafting him. He was never ever ever going to be a good QB. Too stupid, too mopey, and no instincts whatsoever. You could give him the game's best OC, QBC, OL, WRs, RBs, and TE; he'd still be among the league's worst. There was no coaching him and there is no coaching him and never will be any coaching him. Total garbage.

That's a little overboard, but you may be right he would never be a good QB no matter what. But I think he would have had a much better chance if he was drafted by a team that had no problem losing for a year, or two, and built the offense around him, and added weapons on offense to TRY, and develop him further.

Like I said your probably right he was never going to be good regardless, and this is in no way to defend Mark, because if he was a good QB he would have been at least serviceable by now, even with all the issues I explained.

That's a little overboard, but you may be right he would never be a good QB no matter what. But I think he would have had a much better chance if he was drafted by a team that had no problem losing for a year, or two, and built the offense around him, and added weapons on offense to TRY, and develop him further.

Like I said your probably right he was never going to be good regardless, and this is in no way to defend Mark, because if he was a good QB he would have been at least serviceable by now, even with all the issues I explained.

I would have a better chance of hitting the lottery by buying 1000 tickets instead of 1. Still not going to win either way, though. That's how I see it with Sanchez.

Archived