Andrew Luck vs Mark Sanchez

FiremanEd42

Luck is gonna be the man for 10+ years. Rg3 will be the man for a year or two, until he get's Michael Vick'ed and has to stay in the pocket.

But the thing is, RG3 is a ridiculously good passer. Force Vick to stay in the pocket = disaster. Force RG3 into the pocket = he goes from super duper star to just a superstar.

But the thing is, RG3 is a ridiculously good passer. Force Vick to stay in the pocket = disaster. Force RG3 into the pocket = he goes from super duper star to just a superstar.

and that's fine but people are selling short how good Luck is and how good he can be. This is rookie Luck, can you imagine him in year 5?

The Colts have actually been smart enough to have a staff that can develop a quarterback-Bruce Arians and Clyde Christense. They both have a sense of how a passing game should work, and the quarterbacks role and fit in that.

The Jets have Tony Sparano and Matt Cavanaugh.

Paul Hackett.

Mike Heimerdinger.

Brian Schottenheimer.

Tony Sparano.

When are we gonna OC our way into a stud young QB? WHEN???

/Gato'd

Andrew Luck was a polished young QB before he even entered the league.

Mark Sanchez was a good-looking guy with a great personality who spent his entire college career (1 season) throwing passes to wide open receivers to make him look good. He's an alpha male with really dumb brains who mopes and rubs boogers on people.

We got duped. Then Tannenbaum got duped a 2nd time and handed him more years and money.

Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano have little to do with it.

The talent is not there. BUT, neither is the ability to guide talent.

If the talent is not there, then you can't guide it. Sparano has been handed Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez as his young QB's to work with. And neither have done or will do anything before or after Sparano's tenure with either QB.

He worked pretty well with Tony Romo when he was Assistant Head Coach in 2003-07. It was Romo's 2nd season in 2006, and he threw 19 TD's and 13 INT's, then went on to have a great 3rd season. He also did fairly well with Chad Pennington in 2008 thanks to the Wildcat.

Doubt he had much to do with Romo's "development", because Romo is what he is regardless of his coaches. That's the case with just about every QB in the NFL.

Unless you have a coach who invents a brand new system to fool the NFL or uses gimmicks to hide the QB, he's not going to have success with a bad QB.

If the talent is not there, then you can't guide it. Sparano has been handed Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez as his young QB's to work with. And neither have done or will do anything before or after Sparano's tenure with either QB.

He worked pretty well with Tony Romo when he was Assistant Head Coach in 2003-07. It was Romo's 2nd season in 2006, and he threw 19 TD's and 13 INT's, then went on to have a great 3rd season. He also did fairly well with Chad Pennington in 2008 thanks to the Wildcat.

Doubt he had much to do with Romo's "development", because Romo is what he is regardless of his coaches. That's the case with just about every QB in the NFL.

Unless you have a coach who invents a brand new system to fool the NFL or uses gimmicks to hide the QB, he's not going to have success with a bad QB.

And I ask, are these the people that you want to lead your offense, when you finally do get the talent?

They are Rex Ryan's idea of the people that he wants to lead an offense. That is a BIG problem for this organization to change moving forward. Rex is stubborn in his offensive development. It does not fit in today's NFL

OC's and QB coaches are far less important than GM's and scouting departments. Find us a real QB and then we'll talk coaching.

Then why is Rex Ryan so important to you? If coaching is such a small piece of this, I will grant you the GM you want, if you let me take Ryan out. Should not be that big of an issue, based on what you say.

Personally, I will say I think the people that develop particular talent are VERY important.

Then why is Rex Ryan so important to you? If coaching is such a small piece of this, I will grant you the GM you want, if you let me take Ryan out. Should not be that big of an issue, based on what you say.

Personally, I will say I think the people that develop particular talent are VERY important.

I'm not saying the OC and QB coach can't be important in developing the QB. Shannahan built his RG3 offense to be run like one he was used to at Baylor, and he's having tremendous success. But that doesn't mean RG3 isn't also a tremendous talent, much like Luck. Shannahan can't make 80-yard TD runs and bullet passes for RG3, nor can Bruce Arians make the good decisions and throws for Luck.

Sparano and Cavanaugh may not be the guys to develop a young QB. But its become clear Sanchez has NO ability. He's sucked under 2 different OC's, is a slow processer, lacks accuracy, and makes poor decisions. Very few of his many flaws are fixable.

You have to FIND the good young QB and go from there. The best OC and QB coaches in the world couldn't make Sanchez anything more than one of the worst QB's in the league.

I will also add that, since there are probably no RG3's or Luck's in this year's draft, we'll probably be looking at finding a QB that is NOT special, and coaching will be more important than in RG3 or Luck's cases. Is Sparano the right guy to develop said young QB? I don't see how we could make that determination yet.

I'm not saying the OC and QB coach can't be important in developing the QB. Shannahan built his RG3 offense to be run like one he was used to at Baylor, and he's having tremendous success. But that doesn't mean RG3 isn't also a tremendous talent, much like Luck.

Sparano and Cavanaugh may not be the guys to develop a young QB. But its become clear Sanchez has NO ability. He's sucked under 2 different OC's, is a slow processer, lacks accuracy, and makes poor decisions. Very few of his many flaws are fixable.

You have to FIND the good young QB and go from there. The best OC and QB coaches in the world couldn't make Sanchez anything more than one of the worst QB's in the league.

I will also add that, since there are probably no RG3's or Luck's in this year's draft, we'll probably be looking at finding a QB that is NOT special, and coaching will be more important than in RG3 or Luck's cases. Is Sparano the right guy to develop said young QB? I don't see how we could make that determination yet.

Well, if we are unsure of what we have, shouldn't we want people have PROVEN that they can do it?

If I was a defensive minded coach, I would carefully choose who develops the offensive side of the ball very carefully, and they will have proven it somewhere.

What Rex does is bring in guys that won't overshadow him, like he is afraid of something.

Sham way to coach an NFL team. And the results are indicative. There is no offensive ingenuity with this crew. Heck, at least Tebow did something somewhere else that was vaguely productive. The Jets lack of brain-trust can't even figure out how to use the talent.

I'm not saying the OC and QB coach can't be important in developing the QB. Shannahan built his RG3 offense to be run like one he was used to at Baylor, and he's having tremendous success. But that doesn't mean RG3 isn't also a tremendous talent, much like Luck. Shannahan can't make 80-yard TD runs and bullet passes for RG3, nor can Bruce Arians make the good decisions and throws for Luck.

Very well put. Sanchez is just not a good QB. He's reached his ceiling and it's low,nothing but a backup. If Brady went down and Sanchez was the backup the team would suck.That simple.

What Rex does is bring in guys that won't overshadow him, like he is afraid of something.

Who was available, who would be willing to sign on as the Jets' OC, who would actually overshadow Rex?

Hate Rex all you want, but that's a nonsense comment. He brought in a former head coach.

Sham way to coach an NFL team. And the results are indicative. There is no offensive ingenuity with this crew. Heck, at least Tebow did something somewhere else that was vaguely productive. The Jets lack of brain-trust can't even figure out how to use the talent.

The only way to use Tebow's "talent" is to put him in the starting lineup, and let him improvise. Problem with that is that he's one of the few QBs in the NFL who's actually worse than Sanchez. There's really no use for him on offense as a part time player. I think they did show a little ingenuity by putting him on the punt team, and got some good results with it.

Who was available, who would be willing to sign on as the Jets' OC, who would actually overshadow Rex?

Hate Rex all you want, but that's a nonsense comment. He brought in a former head coach.

And there were rumors that the Jets were trying to convince a SECOND former head coach to be a "passing coordinator". Plenty of thinks to hate on Rex for, but no idea where the hell that one comes from.

The only way to use Tebow's "talent" is to put him in the starting lineup, and let him improvise. Problem with that is that he's one of the few QBs in the NFL who's actually worse than Sanchez. There's really no use for him on offense as a part time player. I think they did show a little ingenuity by putting him on the punt team, and got some good results with it.

If this is the case then, Ryan is unable to hire the correct people in order run an offense properly.

Vibrant leaders attract vibrant leaders around them. Rex seems incapable of leading, and brings along weak assistants.

Not an encouraging read for the future.

Archived