•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets bringing Braylon Edwards back?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

They just alluded to it on MNF at halftime.

I am positively giddy with anticipation.

JetNation.com

#2 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1217346

The ex-Jet receiver that took a shot at Gang Green’s brass on Twitter recently may soon find himself in a green and white uniform. Braylon Edwards was removed from the Seahawks’ injury list Monday and will hit wit waivers at 4 p.m. Tuesday.

The Jets are considering adding Edwards, according to a source.

Were that transaction take place, it would come shortly after Edwards took a shot at the Jets’ management.

“Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance,” Edwards tweeted on December 4. Edwards later apologized, tweeting, “I have disrespected and insulted an administration that I have the utmost respect for.”

“You guys know what I’ve always said about Braylon, in the past and things so you know how I feel about him,” Ryan, who has spoken highly of the former Jets receiver many times in the past, said Monday morning. At that time, Edwards was still a member of the Seattle Seahawks organization.

Edwards played 34 games for the Jets between 2009 and 2010 (postseason included), catching 13 TDs in the process.

In the preseason, Edwards was filmed on Hard Knocks trying out for the Miami Dolphins. In that episode, Edwards told Dolphins coach Joe Philbin that Rex Ryan was one of his biggest supporters in football.

Edwards has never found the success that he enjoyed with the Jets anywhere else. The receiver has made just 23 receptions between the 49ers and the Seahawks since leaving New York. In 10 games with Seattle this year, Edwards made eight receptions and caught one touchdown before he was waived/injured last week due to his knee injury.

The Jets could be in need of another wide receiver. Stephen Hill was diagnosed with a sprained LCL Monday, though his status is unknown. If Hill’s injury were serious, it would be yet another blow to the Jets’ receiving corps which lost Santonio Holmes earlier this season.

A week ago, Rex Ryan said he was considering Greg McElroy for the starting quarterback job. On Sunday, McElroy sat, inactive, behind an injured Tim Tebow. Ryan insists that Tebow is the second-string QB when healthy, though Tebow wasn’t healthy enough to run wildcat plays.

Ryan said that as the week progressed, “I felt good about getting Tim in that spot.”

“If he’s healthy, where I think he’s healthy, then he would have that role,” he added.

Ryan told ESPN Radio that he hoped to put Tebow into the game if it turned into a blowout, though that did not materialize and Tebow sat. Ryan said he would have just called running plays in that circumstance and would not have had Tebow throw the ball.

The coach also compared Tebow to 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, though he pointed out that Tebow has “got more wins that Kaepernick.” That’s probably little consolation to the Jets’ backup QB, who’s season has been largely unsuccessful. Asked on ESPN Radio if he believes Tebow is disappointed with this season, Ryan admitted, “That’s probably a true statement.”

LB Bryan Thomas was diagnosed with a strained pectoral injury Monday following an MRI. Thomas is day-to-day. CB Aaron Berry also suffered a hamstring injury during Sunday’s game against the Jaguars.

The Jets’ Sunday Night Game in Week 16 against the Chargers has been flexed to a 1 p.m. slot, making way for the 49ers-Seahawks game to take its place. The move means the Jets last national appearance this season, barring a postseason berth, will be Monday night against the Titans.

“We definitely were embarrassed the last time we were on national television and we feel like we’ve got something to prove,” Yeremiah Bell said, referring to the Jets’ 49-19 Thanksgiving loss to the Patriots.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...6#ixzz2Ei3PxQdK

JetNation.com

#3 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 12,026 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Report: Jets may bring back Braylon Edwards

Posted by Mike Florio on December 10, 2012, 8:36 PM EST
Posted Image

AP

The Seahawks are done with receiver Braylon Edwards. Another team that was believed to be done with Braylon Edwards may not be.
Yes, the “idiots calling the shots” with the Jets could be dialing up Edwards, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Edwards officially was waived from injured reserve on Monday, which will give the Jets and every other team a chance to claim him on waivers. The Jets, per Schefter, could indeed claim Edwards or try to sign him if he clears waivers.
With the Jets suddenly in unexpected position to steal a playoff spot, thanks to losses on Sunday by the Bengals and Steelers, and with receiver Stephen Hillsuffering a knee injury against the Jaguars, the Jets have a need — and Edwards could be the one to fill it.
Edwards later apologized for the “idiots” comment, which may be good enough for the Jets. Especially since they have a clear and significant requirement at the position Edwards plays.

http://profootballta...raylon-edwards/

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#4 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

They just alluded to it on MNF at halftime.

I am positively giddy with anticipation.

I think you're just kidding about that ...
NATION....... JETNATION

#5 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

From http://braylonedwards.com/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh please oh please oh please.

JetNation.com

#6 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,088 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Lulz. Jet Nations favorite receiver is coming back!!!
Posted Image

#7 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,044 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

This thread is useless without DLJ.

BRING BACK BRAY BRAY!!!!

#8 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 12,026 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

FEAR THE BEARD!!!!!!!!

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#9 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

He's so dreamy. No wonder him and Mark had such great rapport.
Posted Image

#10 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Lulz. Jet Nations favorite receiver is coming back!!!

This place was already perfect-awesome. Didn't think it could get any better. Like trying to multiply infinity x 2. And then this, just to prove there is such a thing as greater than infinity.

I'm making popcorn.

JetNation.com

#11 Afinogenov

Afinogenov

Peace Out Chad

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Jets roll into the playoffs w/ Beezy
Sabres Jets Yankees Wildcats Crimson

#12 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

He's so dreamy. No wonder him and Mark had such great rapport.

God willing, they sign him and Sanchez throws 2 TDs to Edwards on MNF next week. Especially if they're awful throws and Edwards just comes down with them somehow. Please let this happen. Please.

JetNation.com

#13 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I never complained about the Jets not bringing Edwards back, he was a knuckle head, and no need to give him a LTC.

If your the Jets and you think you can reach the playoffs, you can't be thinking about this it's a no brainer, you can't continue to run out that crap at WR, BE might not be what he was, but he is by far better than anything the Jets have.

#14 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 9,158 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#15 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

POPULAR

still take him, happily, over this twat -

Posted Image
NATION....... JETNATION

#16 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

God willing, they sign him and Sanchez throws 2 TDs to Edwards on MNF next week. Especially if they're awful throws and Edwards just comes down with them somehow. Please let this happen. Please.

How long before the "Numbers since Braylon" thread start?
Posted Image

#17 Lupz27

Lupz27

• Members
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

If it doesn't work out, it's just 3 games, season is over he walks away, Jets say goodbye. No reason to not do this other than personnel reasons, and that's unexceptable to run your team that way, can't let something that is best for its possible success because your feelings are hurt.

#18 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,269 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Well, he is tanned, rested and ready. This is the awesome, bros.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#19 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,044 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

still take him, happily, over this twat -

Posted Image

Lesbian break ups are awesome

#20 Lupz27

Lupz27

• Members
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

That is the exact script from the last time the Jets acquired him during the season! Hope it happens again, and 5 more times after that!

#21 Vicious89x

Vicious89x

Master Banned

• Members
  • 16,906 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Positivity has positive effects

#22 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Lesbian break ups are awesome

Absolutely .... and now that I think about it .... the last #10 was problematic too ... but I digress ...

Edited by NJ, 10 December 2012 - 10:36 PM.

NATION....... JETNATION

#23 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,810 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

This is incredible.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#24 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

This is incredible.

I think that's his "Hmmm, should I get soup or salad?" look.

Caption this picture thread?

JetNation.com

#25 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

think sanchez can reach him on his deep routes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users