This number can't be right, can it?

Gastineau Lives

How is it possible that a QB can fumble 11 times while being sacked 31 times? I said something the other week off handedly about how he fumbles every three sacks, thinking I was exaggerating. It's WORSE. Astounding.

He fumbles every second time he runs into the ass of an OL

How is it possible that a QB can fumble 11 times while being sacked 31 times? I said something the other week off handedly about how he fumbles every three sacks, thinking I was exaggerating. It's WORSE. Astounding.

It's funny you mention this because I was just thinking about this as he fumbled yet again the other day. I'd bet anything if you look at a stat of total times tackled (sacks or otherwise) verses times fumbled, Sanchez would have far and away the worst ratio in all of the NFL. Consider that even if you think of some of the other QBs who are constantly fumbling (e.g., Vick), they're almost always much more regular runners, therefore being tackled far more often and thus having more opportunities to fumble. Sanchez hardly runs the ball and, despite his completely nonexistent pocket presence, doesn't get sacked all that often and yet is still constantly amongst the league leaders in fumbles.

This is something that's EASILY correctable and he's refused to do it. Tells you all you need to know about Sanchez's makeup.

I don't think that it's that he's refused to do it, I think it's that he's tried and been found to be incapable of doing it, which is even more truly sad. In four years, he's shown absolutely no ability to improve at anything... ever.

Dude Sanchez does not need to be sacked to fumble. It's a gift.

Sometimes he just folds up ahead of time, or simply lays down. Those should not even be counted. Competitive sacks should be counted. This guy cannot handle contact.

Sometimes he just folds up ahead of time, or simply lays down. Those should not even be counted. Competitive sacks should be counted. This guy cannot handle contact.

What happened to the guy who avoided two sacks on the same play against the Browns in OT in 2010 to find an injured, limping Cotchery for a first down completion? I want that guy back.

lol, if he had a pocket. Trust me, im no longer on the sanchez bandwagon...but "pocket"??? lol. Might as well say that he has receivers too.

He does have a pocket. The offensive line is one of the better ones in the league. Sanchez is just too dumb to climb the pocket like he's supposed to.

He does have a pocket. The offensive line is one of the better ones in the league. Sanchez is just too dumb to climb the pocket like he's supposed to.

He has something that looks like madden. I wouldnt call that a pocket. Though you're right, Sanchez is terrible. That line looks pathetic at times as well. Im not going to pretend like this line is one of the better ones in the league when looking at the game I see exactly what I stated.

He has something that looks like madden. I wouldnt call that a pocket. Though you're right, Sanchez is terrible. That line looks pathetic at times as well. Im not going to pretend like this line is one of the better ones in the league when looking at the game I see exactly what I stated.

So metrics and data mean nothing.

Then, how can it possibly be such a surprise when he IS sacked that he simply can't hold on to the ball. You'd think he'd have a better feel for it by now.

Energy to hold ball = (mass of right tackle + shuttle time of edge rusher) x (radius of pocket + whatever arbitrary observation villain makes on a scale of 1-5) + humidity precentage outside.

Archived