• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 Vicious89x

Vicious89x

Master Banned

• Members
  • 16,906 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

He has something that looks like madden. I wouldnt call that a pocket. Though you're right, Sanchez is terrible. That line looks pathetic at times as well. Im not going to pretend like this line is one of the better ones in the league when looking at the game I see exactly what I stated.

So metrics and data mean nothing.

#27 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

He's already said he's not going to pretend otherwise.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#28 Vicious89x

Vicious89x

Master Banned

• Members
  • 16,906 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

He's already said he's not going to pretend otherwise.

Science is bullsh*t. Math is bullsh*t.

#29 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Science is bullsh*t. Math is bullsh*t.

****in' magnets.

#30 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

• Members
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

All things considered, this whole pocket thing presents a very new and exciting opportunity for a new statistic. All we need is a geometer and an astrophysicist and we're good.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#31 Vicious89x

Vicious89x

Master Banned

• Members
  • 16,906 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

All things considered, this whole pocket thing presents a very new and exciting opportunity for a new statistic. All we need is a geometer and an astrophysicist and we're good.

Or your eyes. Reliable stuff.

#32 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

derp

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

lol, if he had a pocket. Trust me, im no longer on the sanchez bandwagon...but "pocket"??? lol. Might as well say that he has receivers too.

Then, how can it possibly be such a surprise when he IS sacked that he simply can't hold on to the ball. You'd think he'd have a better feel for it by now.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 15 December 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#33 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

derp

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

You'd think he was under siege the way he fumbles.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 15 December 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#34 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Then, how can it possibly be such a surprise when he IS sacked that he simply can't hold on to the ball. You'd think he'd have a better feel for it by now.

Energy to hold ball = (mass of right tackle + shuttle time of edge rusher) x (radius of pocket + whatever arbitrary observation villain makes on a scale of 1-5) + humidity precentage outside.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#35 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

derp

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Energy to hold ball = (mass of right tackle + shuttle time of edge rusher) x (radius of pocket + whatever arbitrary observation villain makes on a scale of 1-5) + humidity precentage outside.

I knew I should've paid attention in college.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 15 December 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#36 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Or your eyes. Reliable stuff.

Posted Image

#37 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

See, the problem on this play is that he just doesn't have a pocket...

Posted Image

#38 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

Yes.

#39 courtnj18

courtnj18

Rookie Free Agent

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 607 posts
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

He does have a pocket. The offensive line is one of the better ones in the league. Sanchez is just too dumb to climb the pocket like he's supposed to.

Are you kidding me - he wouldn't have been sacked so many times if he didn't have protection. He also wouldn't be holding the ball so much if he had reliable recievers.

"That's part of the reason Rex drafted me, because I value this job. It's my life. If somebody wanted to take that away from me, it's personal."
mark-sanchez-t.jpg

#40 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,161 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

What happened to the guy who avoided two sacks on the same play against the Browns in OT in 2010 to find an injured, limping Cotchery for a first down completion? I want that guy back.

He does not really try to get away anymore. I dont get it.

#41 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

...he wouldn't have been sacked so many times if he didn't have protection.

Posted Image

#42 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

youtube game tape enthusiast

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Not when im seeing what im seeing on the field. No.

Elite WR Scout

(From My Couch)

#43 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I dont know how many other ways to say it. Maybe I should change the language or something lol. Sanchez is freaking horrid, however, that offensive line is terrible.

I'll say it again. Sanchez is freaking horrible, however, that offensive line is terrible.

Edited by Villain The Foe, 15 December 2012 - 09:12 PM.

Elite WR Scout

(From My Couch)

#44 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Science is bullsh*t.

Big bang theory? Really?

math is bullsh*t

Math like science can be formed to support an idea (hence big bang theory lmao). With that said, I'd prefer to take what I see over what science or math you're talking about.

The f'ing line sucks, our QB sucks, our WR's suck and our RB sucks (outside of powell. I like what I see from him) Our coachs suck, our coordinators suck and our front office including the owner sucks.

I dont need some science or math book to understand what I already see.

Edited by Villain The Foe, 15 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Elite WR Scout

(From My Couch)

#45 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Big bang theory? Really?

Math like science can be formed to support an idea (hence big bang theory lmao). With that said, I'd prefer to take what I see over what science or math you're talking about.

The f'ing line sucks, our QB sucks, our WR's suck and our RB sucks (outside of powell. I like what I see from him) Our coachs suck, our coordinators suck and our front office including the owner sucks.

im confused though are you an NFL analyst? Statistics are helpful for the common man that puts things into easy to understand numbers. Numbers are universal and cant be argued so it helps more then what someone would "see"

#46 Damaged89

Damaged89

shut it down.

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Are you kidding me - he wouldn't have been sacked so many times if he didn't have protection. He also wouldn't be holding the ball so much if he had reliable recievers.

Yeah, ok.

#47 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Big bang theory? Really?

POTW

#48 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

This is the greatest sentence written in the history of the universe.

#49 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

derp

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

I dont know how many other ways to say it. Maybe I should change the language or something lol. Sanchez is freaking horrid, however, that offensive line is terrible.

I'll say it again. Sanchez is freaking horrible, however, that offensive line is terrible.

It's not my reading comprehension that is off, it is YOURS. Or maybe your sense of logic. It doesn't matter how many times he gets sacked, I'm talking about percentage of sacks on which he fumbles. What is so hard to understand? If he gets sacked six times and fumbles two of them, that is too much, if he gets sacked 100 times and fumbles 33 of them, that is too much. If he gets sacked 100,000 times and fumbles 33,000 of them, that is too much. Let me know when you get it.

Also, since the offensive line is horrible, no one would know it better than him, right? You'd think he'd make some sort of mental adjustment to insure he doesn't lose the football, no?

#50 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

im confused though are you an NFL analyst? Statistics are helpful for the common man that puts things into easy to understand numbers. Numbers are universal and cant be argued so it helps more then what someone would "see"

Im no one special. Just a man with an opinion. I never said stats werent helpful. Im simply saying that stats doesnt necessarily mean truth. It was a scientific fact that the world was flat until it was a scientific fact that it wasnt. See??? Both were facts, but only one was actually "true". It took a man to get into a ship and actually see for himself.

What im saying is that these alleged stats dont change what im seeing on the field...and I see alot of poor play. I dont even understand how I portrayed myself as some NFL analyst when I certainly said that this was my opinion/point of view. The Jets are playing like sh*t and that isnt exclusive to Mark Sanchez. No stat is going to change that. Why so serious??? lmao.

Edited by Villain The Foe, 16 December 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Elite WR Scout

(From My Couch)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users