Clown Logic

jack48

From the New York Post:

Tim Tebow’s status as a Jets mascot nearly grew on Sunday.

Jets coach Rex Ryan admitted he would have played Tebow in Sunday’s 17-10 win over the Jaguars had the game been a blowout to satisfy the Tebow fans in his hometown of Jacksonville.

“I wanted to do it, but obviously the game wasn’t that kind of situation,” Ryan said on 98.7 ESPN Radio. ‘‘I was hoping it would have been, but it clearly wasn’t. ... I wouldn’t have had him throw a football or anything else. He just would have handed the ball off.”

The blatherings of a Clown

---

Perhaps next week's game plan will be the result of dream interpretation. What if Sanchez had gone down in the first quarter due to some injury or as a result of a panic attack? This is team management? A guy who cannot take a hit or throw uses up a roster spot and the backup who is healthy does not dress? This is getting sillier and sillier.

"i wouldn't have had him throw a football or anything. he just would have handed the ball off"?

what kind of jack ass sh*t is this? why do you hacve a guy taking up a spot on the roster as the back-up qb who you wouldn't even consider letting throw the ball? this team is so mother ****ing stupid

"i wouldn't have had him throw a football or anything. he just would have handed the ball off"?

what kind of jack ass sh*t is this? why do you hacve a guy taking up a spot on the roster as the back-up qb who you wouldn't even consider letting throw the ball? this team is so mother ****ing stupid

i dont think he wants sanchez doing anything but handing the ball off too

From the New York Post:

Jets coach Rex Ryan admitted he would have played Tebow in Sunday’s 17-10 win over the Jaguars had the game been a blowout to satisfy the Tebow fans in his hometown of Jacksonville.

“I wanted to do it, but obviously the game wasn’t that kind of situation,” Ryan said on 98.7 ESPN Radio. ‘‘I was hoping it would have been, but it clearly wasn’t. ... I wouldn’t have had him throw a football or anything else. He just would have handed the ball off.”

---

Perhaps next week's game plan will be the result of dream interpretation. What if Sanchez had gone down in the first quarter due to some injury or as a result of a panic attack? This is team management? A guy who cannot take a hit or throw uses up a roster spot and the backup who is healthy does not dress? This is getting sillier and sillier.

This whole forward pass thing-legal but overrated according to Rex Ryan.

He brags about HIS DEFENSE each week, and fails to grasp that while they might be okay the defense is getting hung up to dry each week by this awful offense. Spare Henne pulling a dirty Sanchez at the end the jets could've lost to the Jags in OT. And perhaps if Mr. Toes had a QB who could convert a 3rd and 8 that never comes close to happening. He might if he plays McElroy. Amazing.

This whole forward pass thing-legal but overrated according to Rex Ryan.

He brags about HIS DEFENSE each week, and fails to grasp that while they might be okay the defense is getting hung up to dry each week by this awful offense. Spare Henne pulling a dirty Sanchez at the end the jets could've lost to the Jags in OT. And perhaps if Mr. Toes had a QB who could convert a 3rd and 8 that never comes close to happening. He might if he plays McElroy. Amazing.

Rex's defense has beaten:

Ryan Tannehill/Matt Moore

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Andrew Luck

Ryan Lindley

Sam Bradford

Chad Henne

He has lost to:

Brady twice

Tannehill

Schaub

Russell Wilson

Alex Smith

Ben Roethlisberger

Basically, if you put a QB out there with a pulse, you're winning that game. When the best win you have on the season is beating Andrew Luck in his fifth career start, it's probably time to stop kidding yourself about how great your defense is.

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Andrew Luck

Ryan Lindley

Sam Bradford

Chad Henne

He has lost to:

Brady twice

Tannehill

Schaub

Russell Wilson

Alex Smith

Ben Roethlisberger

Basically, if you put a QB out there with a pulse, you're winning that game. When the best win you have on the season is beating Andrew Luck in his fifth career start, it's probably time to stop kidding yourself about how great your defense is.

Well, since you put it like that...

excuse me while I go off myself.

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Rex needs to quit sniffing toes. It's causing brain damage.

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Andrew Luck

Ryan Lindley

Sam Bradford

Chad Henne

He has lost to:

Brady twice

Tannehill

Schaub

Russell Wilson

Alex Smith

Ben Roethlisberger

I'm not sure if this more about this season than Rex's history here but we've seen him many times make the greats look mortal. Its kind of his thing. They might end up losing in the end because they have Sanchez as their QB, but Rex with a healthy Revis can shut down the best.

Revis changes everything. Its seriously a huge adjustment the way you have to start calling games with him not on the field.

You're a very predictable man. Saw that coming from a mile away the second I hit post.

Its a shame we can never have a serious conversation. You're such a knowledgeable fan with a very objective view on things.

The Jets haven't lost a game this year because any single receiver went buck wild on their defense, so it's hard to point to Revis being out as the reason for their issues. Rex is a very good defensive coordinator with a pretty nifty feel for schemes. But, it would seem that the better offenses and offensive coordinators in the league have caught up to those schemes, which was predictable, and because they haven't upgraded the pass rush, Rex can't compensate. He looks like a one-pitch pitcher who looks good the first time through the league, then gets raked on subsequent go-rounds.

The Jets haven't lost a game this year because any single receiver went buck wild on their defense, so it's hard to point to Revis being out as the reason for their issues. Rex is a very good defensive coordinator with a pretty nifty feel for schemes. But, it would seem that the better offenses and offensive coordinators in the league have caught up to those schemes, which was predictable, and because they haven't upgraded the pass rush, Rex can't compensate. He looks like a one-pitch pitcher who looks good the first time through the league, then gets raked on subsequent go-rounds.

the real question is not who we beat its who the D made look worse then if they were playing another team.

think the schedule goes way up in class next yr , when is last time rexey beat a good offense

Rex still has the 3rd best pass defense in the league. You implied those QB's beat Rex's defense. Its not really the case. Big Ben and Wilson had good days. Brady. Nobody else. They cant stop the run and its probably because they have slow LB'ers and no consistency at NT.

The D is far from the reason the Jets lose. And Revis impacts every phase of the D. You're crazy to say otherwise.

Rex still has the 3rd best pass defense in the league. You implied those QB's beat Rex's defense. Its not really the case. Big Ben and Wilson had good days. Brady. Nobody else. They cant stop the run and its probably because they have slow LB'ers and no consistency at NT.

The D is far from the reason the Jets lose. And Revis impacts every phase of the D. You're crazy to say otherwise.

Herp fag gfy

The d was built in many ways at the expense of the O, while its decent, it should be all time great dominant to account for the blatant disregard for the offense we have had has since Rex got here.

It's time to step into the 21st century, and get a HC who can either install a passing game, or hire the right guy to do so, Rex has shown the ability to so neither.

The d was built in many ways at the expense of the O, while its decent, it should be all time great dominant to account for the blatant disregard for the offense we have had has since Rex got here.

It's time to step into the 21st century, and get a HC who can either install a passing game, or hire the right guy to do so, Rex has shown the ability to so neither.

Why do you even respond to me? rrrffff rrrrffff

From the New York Post:

---

You guys are all misinterpreting this quote to what you want it to mean. Rex is talking about a situation where the game would have been a blow out, Rex IMO added the whole he wouldn't throw a pass, or anything because of the reference to the blow out, not because he doesn't want him to throw a pass, or Tebow is physically incapable to throw a pass. Give the guy a little credit, and stop nit picking every little thing he, and the Jets do.

I stopped reading the papers, and stopped listening to the radio because of this sh*t, and that's why I come here to not have to listen to the media driven agenda, and get real Jets thoughts from guys who have no agenda other than talking Jets football, this is the type of sh*t you get from Cimini, can we stop stooping to his level? To be clear I'm not saying don't kill the Jets for bad, stupid, idiotic play/coaching/management/ect. But don't turn the guys words to make a story like the media does please.

Illusion. Teams don't need to throw against us.

Namdi Asomougha becomes super-overrated because nobody bothered throwing against his Raiders team. Now he gets owned regularly by #2 WRs.

Illusion. Teams don't need to throw against us.

Namdi Asomougha becomes super-overrated because nobody bothered throwing against his Raiders team. Now he gets owned regularly by #2 WRs.

So your saying Revis would be exposed if a team had to pass instead of run in the future? Or are you just making a point we have the 3rd ranked pass D because why throw, when we can just smash it down your throat all game? I really hope the latter!

You guys are all misinterpreting this quote to what you want it to mean. Rex is talking about a situation where the game would have been a blow out, Rex IMO added the whole he wouldn't throw a pass, or anything because of the reference to the blow out, not because he doesn't want him to throw a pass, or Tebow is physically incapable to throw a pass. Give the guy a little credit, and stop nit picking every little thing he, and the Jets do.

I stopped reading the papers, and stopped listening to the radio because of this sh*t, and that's why I come here to not have to listen to the media driven agenda, and get real Jets thoughts from guys who have no agenda other than talking Jets football, this is the type of sh*t you get from Cimini, can we stop stooping to his level? To be clear I'm not saying don't kill the Jets for bad, stupid, idiotic pl

ay/coaching/management/ect. But don't turn the guys words to make a story like the media does please.

He sat McElroy out of some kind of spite. Your interpretation is no more valid than anyone else's. It's an interpretation. What I am complaining about is not one incident but the overall quality of Rex's thought. I won't even get into Tannenbaum.

For the Ryans,it's always as if they have Dad's '85 Bears. Witness the Cowboys' defense screwing the pooch as well. Oh, the defense! Big f___img deal. How many games this year do you watch the Jets' defense take the field hoping they can score becauce the offense is so awful-every week? Rex doesn't care about offense.It's criminal for the Jets not to have explored getting a real or even settling for a JAG Qb, doubly so since they inexplicably extended Pick 6. It's one thing to be a cutting edge innovator, quite another to be a one trick pony ignoring what success requires in your profession. And to ignore a good passing attack is required to win in the NFL is really idiocy.

Rex Ryan is a beeper salesman in an iphone world.

It's not gonna end well. Someone at the end of the season is going to throw that "Sanxchez gives us the best chance to win" crap in his face. It's going to haunt him because it's why he will never get another HC gig.

Rex is an incomplete coach. He is also becoming a bald faced liar. The press conferences are a joke. I honestly do not think he possesses the smarts to be a HC. If he has any input on the talent selection--then he leaves something to be desired there as well. Oh, he definitely has the X's and O's. But it takes more.

Archived