62 replies to this topic

#1 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

From the New York Post:

Tim Tebow’s status as a Jets mascot nearly grew on Sunday.
Jets coach Rex Ryan admitted he would have played Tebow in Sunday’s 17-10 win over the Jaguars had the game been a blowout to satisfy the Tebow fans in his hometown of Jacksonville.
“I wanted to do it, but obviously the game wasn’t that kind of situation,” Ryan said on 98.7 ESPN Radio. ‘‘I was hoping it would have been, but it clearly wasn’t. ... I wouldn’t have had him throw a football or anything else. He just would have handed the ball off.”

The blatherings of a Clown
---
Perhaps next week's game plan will be the result of dream interpretation. What if Sanchez had gone down in the first quarter due to some injury or as a result of a panic attack? This is team management? A guy who cannot take a hit or throw uses up a roster spot and the backup who is healthy does not dress? This is getting sillier and sillier.

Edited by jack48, 11 December 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#2 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,616 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

"i wouldn't have had him throw a football or anything. he just would have handed the ball off"?

what kind of jack ass sh*t is this? why do you hacve a guy taking up a spot on the roster as the back-up qb who you wouldn't even consider letting throw the ball? this team is so mother ****ing stupid

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

In Rex's defense, he doesn't want Sanchez throwing passes, either.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 RevisIsland610

RevisIsland610

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationHudson Valley, NY

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

This is exactly why Rex needs to be fired along with Tannenbum. He just doesnt make any sense. I really think the pressure of coaching in New York has gotten to him.
It's Go Time!!!!

#5 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

"i wouldn't have had him throw a football or anything. he just would have handed the ball off"?

what kind of jack ass sh*t is this? why do you hacve a guy taking up a spot on the roster as the back-up qb who you wouldn't even consider letting throw the ball? this team is so mother ****ing stupid

i dont think he wants sanchez doing anything but handing the ball off too

#6 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

From the New York Post:

Tim Tebow’s status as a Jets mascot nearly grew on Sunday.
Jets coach Rex Ryan admitted he would have played Tebow in Sunday’s 17-10 win over the Jaguars had the game been a blowout to satisfy the Tebow fans in his hometown of Jacksonville.
“I wanted to do it, but obviously the game wasn’t that kind of situation,” Ryan said on 98.7 ESPN Radio. ‘‘I was hoping it would have been, but it clearly wasn’t. ... I wouldn’t have had him throw a football or anything else. He just would have handed the ball off.”

The blatherings of a Clown
---
Perhaps next week's game plan will be the result of dream interpretation. What if Sanchez had gone down in the first quarter due to some injury or as a result of a panic attack? This is team management? A guy who cannot take a hit or throw uses up a roster spot and the backup who is healthy does not dress? This is getting sillier and sillier.

This whole forward pass thing-legal but overrated according to Rex Ryan.

He brags about HIS DEFENSE each week, and fails to grasp that while they might be okay the defense is getting hung up to dry each week by this awful offense. Spare Henne pulling a dirty Sanchez at the end the jets could've lost to the Jags in OT. And perhaps if Mr. Toes had a QB who could convert a 3rd and 8 that never comes close to happening. He might if he plays McElroy. Amazing.
Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#7 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

This whole forward pass thing-legal but overrated according to Rex Ryan.

He brags about HIS DEFENSE each week, and fails to grasp that while they might be okay the defense is getting hung up to dry each week by this awful offense. Spare Henne pulling a dirty Sanchez at the end the jets could've lost to the Jags in OT. And perhaps if Mr. Toes had a QB who could convert a 3rd and 8 that never comes close to happening. He might if he plays McElroy. Amazing.

Rex's defense has beaten:

Ryan Tannehill/Matt Moore
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andrew Luck
Ryan Lindley
Sam Bradford
Chad Henne

He has lost to:

Brady twice
Tannehill
Schaub
Russell Wilson
Alex Smith
Ben Roethlisberger

Basically, if you put a QB out there with a pulse, you're winning that game. When the best win you have on the season is beating Andrew Luck in his fifth career start, it's probably time to stop kidding yourself about how great your defense is.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#8 greeniemeanie

greeniemeanie

Has nothing to say

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationMankato, MN

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andrew Luck
Ryan Lindley
Sam Bradford
Chad Henne

He has lost to:

Brady twice
Tannehill
Schaub
Russell Wilson
Alex Smith
Ben Roethlisberger

Basically, if you put a QB out there with a pulse, you're winning that game. When the best win you have on the season is beating Andrew Luck in his fifth career start, it's probably time to stop kidding yourself about how great your defense is.

Well, since you put it like that...

excuse me while I go off myself.

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Rex needs to quit sniffing toes. It's causing brain damage.

Go Jets!!!

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Well, since you put it like that...

excuse me while I go off myself.

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Rex needs to quit sniffing toes. It's causing brain damage.

It's good to see you turn, Dan. It's nice to have you on the team.

#10 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,545 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andrew Luck
Ryan Lindley
Sam Bradford
Chad Henne

He has lost to:

Brady twice
Tannehill
Schaub
Russell Wilson
Alex Smith
Ben Roethlisberger

I'm not sure if this more about this season than Rex's history here but we've seen him many times make the greats look mortal. Its kind of his thing. They might end up losing in the end because they have Sanchez as their QB, but Rex with a healthy Revis can shut down the best.

Revis changes everything. Its seriously a huge adjustment the way you have to start calling games with him not on the field.
Posted Image

#11 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

At Capstone Saban talks about the "process"

At Floram Park Rexey gushes bout some wildcat mascot

#12 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,518 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

reading this thread you'd think they lost this weekend.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#13 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Its seriously a huge adjustment the way you have to start calling games with him not on the field.

Aww.

#14 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 35,545 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Aww.

You're a very predictable man. Saw that coming from a mile away the second I hit post.

Its a shame we can never have a serious conversation. You're such a knowledgeable fan with a very objective view on things.
Posted Image

#15 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

reading this thread you'd think they lost this weekend.

Did they really win last 2 weeks mon? Does 58-0 tell u anything

#16 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

You're a very predictable man. Saw that coming from a mile away the second I hit post.

Its a shame we can never have a serious conversation. You're such a knowledgeable fan with a very objective view on things.

The Jets haven't lost a game this year because any single receiver went buck wild on their defense, so it's hard to point to Revis being out as the reason for their issues. Rex is a very good defensive coordinator with a pretty nifty feel for schemes. But, it would seem that the better offenses and offensive coordinators in the league have caught up to those schemes, which was predictable, and because they haven't upgraded the pass rush, Rex can't compensate. He looks like a one-pitch pitcher who looks good the first time through the league, then gets raked on subsequent go-rounds.

#17 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

The Jets haven't lost a game this year because any single receiver went buck wild on their defense, so it's hard to point to Revis being out as the reason for their issues. Rex is a very good defensive coordinator with a pretty nifty feel for schemes. But, it would seem that the better offenses and offensive coordinators in the league have caught up to those schemes, which was predictable, and because they haven't upgraded the pass rush, Rex can't compensate. He looks like a one-pitch pitcher who looks good the first time through the league, then gets raked on subsequent go-rounds.

the real question is not who we beat its who the D made look worse then if they were playing another team.

#18 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

think the schedule goes way up in class next yr , when is last time rexey beat a good offense

#19 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,738 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Did they really win last 2 weeks mon? Does 58-0 tell u anything

Same thing Pats 42 Texans 14 tells me.

#20 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

that tells u Pats > Texans wtf is your point mon

#21 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 35,545 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Rex still has the 3rd best pass defense in the league. You implied those QB's beat Rex's defense. Its not really the case. Big Ben and Wilson had good days. Brady. Nobody else. They cant stop the run and its probably because they have slow LB'ers and no consistency at NT.

The D is far from the reason the Jets lose. And Revis impacts every phase of the D. You're crazy to say otherwise.
Posted Image

#22 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,738 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

that tells u Pats > Texans wtf is your point mon

that there is no point. same as your asinine post.

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Rex still has the 3rd best pass defense in the league. You implied those QB's beat Rex's defense. Its not really the case. Big Ben and Wilson had good days. Brady. Nobody else. They cant stop the run and its probably because they have slow LB'ers and no consistency at NT.

The D is far from the reason the Jets lose. And Revis impacts every phase of the D. You're crazy to say otherwise.

Herp fag gfy

#24 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

that there is no point. same as your asinine post.

Gfy also mon

#25 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

The d was built in many ways at the expense of the O, while its decent, it should be all time great dominant to account for the blatant disregard for the offense we have had has since Rex got here.

It's time to step into the 21st century, and get a HC who can either install a passing game, or hire the right guy to do so, Rex has shown the ability to so neither.

Edited by JFtoLong, 11 December 2012 - 08:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users