Clown Logic

jack48

No Pro Offense = 6-7 record , no matter how good the d is....

No Pro Offense = 2-11 in most cases, you can kill Rex all you want for his mouth, and questionable player depth chart decisions, but the coaching job he has done to have this No Pro Offense, and his BEST player out for the year since week 2 can't be ignored.

His philosophy on offense is flawed, but it has also not been built around properly, we don't know for sure who is responsible for that, but until someone comes out, and says otherwise, the talent level on Offense falls on Tannenbaum, the old saying goes coaches, coach, and players, play. That also should apply to General Managers, Manage, Coaches, Coach, and if Tanny didn't Manage, and let Rex tell him what to do he should be fired, and if he did make these decisions regardless of Rex's opinion in cases where they might have disagreed, he should be fired, only scenario where he shouldn't be fired is if Woody is somehow pulling a Jerry Jones, but nobody knows about it.

Rex has had some really boneheaded coaching moments, on, and off the field, but to me it seems he is learning from his mistakes, his attitude towards the playoff questions this week reflect that, in the same situations in 2009, and last year, he was mapping out playoff scenarios at his presser, and even earlier in the year he was talking playoffs yadda yadda yadda, but publicly this week, and the past 4 weeks IMO he has said all the right things citing all we are focused on is preparing for the Titans on Monday night, that's it, no more yea I think we will make the playoffs, and win the SB, see I have the schedule mapped out. The crazy part is in 2009 he was applauded by a lot of people for conducting his business that way, so he wasn't the only foolish thinking person at the time.

Now only if our boneheaded QB could make the same small improvements maybe then the Jets could actually win out, and actually give us at least 60 minutes of January madness, and hopefully more (I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not giving up either I root for the green, and white laundry on Sundays regardless of all the BS I might spew about players, coaches, managers, and OWNER during the week).

For the Ryans,it's always as if they have Dad's '85 Bears. Witness the Cowboys' defense screwing the pooch as well. Oh, the defense! Big f___img deal. How many games this year do you watch the Jets' defense take the field hoping they can score becauce the offense is so awful-every week? Rex doesn't care about offense.It's criminal for the Jets not to have explored getting a real or even settling for a JAG Qb, doubly so since they inexplicably extended Pick 6. It's one thing to be a cutting edge innovator, quite another to be a one trick pony ignoring what success requires in your profession. And to ignore a good passing attack is required to win in the NFL is really idiocy.

Rex Ryan is a beeper salesman in an iphone world.

It's not gonna end well. Someone at the end of the season is going to throw that "Sanxchez gives us the best chance to win" crap in his face. It's going to haunt him because it's why he will never get another HC gig.

POTW!

No Pro Offense = 2-11 in most cases, you can kill Rex all you want for his mouth, and questionable player depth chart decisions, but the coaching job he has done to have this No Pro Offense, and his BEST player out for the year since week 2 can't be ignored.

His philosophy on offense is flawed, but it has also not been built around properly, we don't know for sure who is responsible for that, but until someone comes out, and says otherwise, the talent level on Offense falls on Tannenbaum, the old saying goes coaches, coach, and players, play. That also should apply to General Managers, Manage, Coaches, Coach, and if Tanny didn't Manage, and let Rex tell him what to do he should be fired, and if he did make these decisions regardless of Rex's opinion in cases where they might have disagreed, he should be fired, only scenario where he shouldn't be fired is if Woody is somehow pulling a Jerry Jones, but nobody knows about it.

Rex has had some really boneheaded coaching moments, on, and off the field, but to me it seems he is learning from his mistakes, his attitude towards the playoff questions this week reflect that, in the same situations in 2009, and last year, he was mapping out playoff scenarios at his presser, and even earlier in the year he was talking playoffs yadda yadda yadda, but publicly this week, and the past 4 weeks IMO he has said all the right things citing all we are focused on is preparing for the Titans on Monday night, that's it, no more yea I think we will make the playoffs, and win the SB, see I have the schedule mapped out. The crazy part is in 2009 he was applauded by a lot of people for conducting his business that way, so he wasn't the only foolish thinking person at the time.

Now only if our boneheaded QB could make the same small improvements maybe then the Jets could actually win out, and actually give us at least 60 minutes of January madness, and hopefully more (I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not giving up either I root for the green, and white laundry on Sundays regardless of all the BS I might spew about players, coaches, managers, and OWNER during the week).

one of the only posts on this site that looks at both sides of the issue lol

i love it

Great post. Rex has done a heck of a job this year all things considered.

I <3 my Jets and always want to see them win...but I'm pulling extra hard for Rex so he can give all the haters a big middle finger if they get in.

If you want to give Rex credit for having an incredibly easy schedule, go ahead.

Our QB is spent, and should not even be playing, yet Rex somehow gets a pass on that by the Rex lovers, interesting.

If you want to give Rex credit for having an incredibly easy schedule, go ahead.

Our QB is spent, and should not even be playing, yet Rex somehow gets a pass on that by the Rex lovers, interesting.

well werent the rex haters the people who say there is no viable backup to sanchez so he should start?

Nobody is arguing that Sanchez is spent, the only argument going on is that some people believe (myself included) that as horrible as Sanchez is right now he is still the best option on the Jets roster at the position.

Beat Miami in Miami, beat St. Louis in St. Louis, and put a straight ass kicking on the 9-4 Colts, that's 3 quality wins, Arizona, Jax, and Buff are teams every decent team should beat. You play the teams you are scheduled it is what it is.

I'll tell you this if the Jets played their schedule from this season in reverse order the gloom, and doom probably never happens, the Jets more than likely start the season 5-2, maybe even 6-1, and then who knows what happens from there everything is different, attitude, confidence, ect.

Nobody is arguing that Sanchez is spent, the only argument going on is that some people believe (myself included) that as horrible as Sanchez is right now he is still the best option on the Jets roster at the position.

Beat Miami in Miami, beat St. Louis in St. Louis, and put a straight ass kicking on the 9-4 Colts, that's 3 quality wins, Arizona, Jax, and Buff are teams every decent team should beat. You play the teams you are scheduled it is what it is.

I'll tell you this if the Jets played their schedule from this season in reverse order the gloom, and doom probably never happens, the Jets more than likely start the season 5-2, maybe even 6-1, and then who knows what happens from there everything is different, attitude, confidence, ect.

The Miami game was an absolute gift, and I can't get excited about any other win this year. The schedule has been incredibly soft.

The Miami game was an absolute gift, and I can't get excited about any other win this year. The schedule has been incredibly soft.

excerpt from an article in Daily News yesterday...

"Those who try to marginalize the statistical leap by noting the inferior competition (Cardinals and Jaguars) in recent games conveniently ignore that the Jets had the toughest schedule in the NFL through the first 12 weeks. News flash: There are soft parts of every team’s schedule. The Jets just happened to have a front-loaded degree of difficulty".

ooops.

"Those who try to marginalize the statistical leap by noting the inferior competition (Cardinals and Jaguars) in recent games conveniently ignore that the Jets had the toughest schedule in the NFL through the first 12 weeks. News flash: There are soft parts of every team’s schedule. The Jets just happened to have a front-loaded degree of difficulty".

ooops.

It is what it is, if you think Rex is doing a good job, your entitled, I strongly disagree, and we have not run the table just yet.

ooops.

The Jets put up ok stats against bad teams, but awful stats against good teams. So, I win.

--Pac, 12/13

ooops.

someone needs to put a CAP in your arse mon

The Jets haven't lost a game this year because any single receiver went buck wild on their defense, so it's hard to point to Revis being out as the reason for their issues. Rex is a very good defensive coordinator with a pretty nifty feel for schemes. But, it would seem that the better offenses and offensive coordinators in the league have caught up to those schemes, which was predictable, and because they haven't upgraded the pass rush, Rex can't compensate. He looks like a one-pitch pitcher who looks good the first time through the league, then gets raked on subsequent go-rounds.

Rex = Pedro Cerrano?

He needs to offer Jobu cigar and rum.

Archived