Jets To Sign WR Edwards

JetNation

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tore his meniscus back in September 2011, and I have had a complete tear of my meniscus, (I was 28, and did while in goal playing hockey) after surgery the Dr. Told me the meniscus tore, and flipped, and because I don't play sports for a living I was told I could either have surgery, or try, and let it heal it self which would take longer, but would require no surgery (when I was 18 I had a slight tear in my other knee of my meniscus, I had no health insurance at the time, it did eventually heal, but I reaggrevated it twice in 2 years, finally when I got serious about getting back in shape did it fully heal, and not give me any more trouble since I was 22), anyway after the surgery because of the flip if I choose to not have surgery it would have never really healed. It took me about 2 months to feel comfortable doing light physical activity, and I was back in goal with no fear, or further problems 10 months later, and could have done that earlier, but that was when season started.

My point is Braylon either had a bad surgeon, (my surgeon was the Arizona Dbacks on call orthopedic for when they were in the northeast, and mid-Atlantic road trips) never had surgery, or has other undisclosed knee problems if it really is still bothering him.

Hopefully he was just depressed, and never got over getting dumped by his 1 true love, and that love is giving him a 2nd chance, and we see BE back in Beast Mode for 3 games, time will tell.

Whats your favorite movie not starring you? jk jk

Whats your favorite movie not starring you? jk jk

Lol, I was just trying to answer the guys question, and I went on a rant, more because I was trying to figure a way to understand how the **** that knee could still be bothering him, it's either mental, or worse than just a meniscus tear.

Is he the the Braylon of 2010 ? Probably not. Not sure how much and in what way his injuries are impacting his game. So i do not expect a repeat of ole Braylon.

At the same time if all Braylon has been missing is his BFF QB and puts up great numbers I would start believing in that chemistry thing and start looking for my voluptous 10th grade tutor!

Is he the the Braylon of 2010 ? Probably not. Not sure how much and in what way his injuries are impacting his game. So i do not expect a repeat of ole Braylon.

At the same time if all Braylon has been missing is his BFF QB and puts up great numbers I would start believing in that chemistry thing and start looking for my voluptous 10th grade tutor!

hahah agreed. Im not looking for him to instantly be what he used to be, but if he can make some key first down catches, be somewhat of a redzone target, and help in the run game with his down field blocking lol he will be a great addition

Awesome. We have no QB, so we definitely need someone to catch the ball we can't throw.

Other unrelated team news:

The 'Hoarders' crew is at the Tannenbaum residence. Apparently he owns no bows/arrows or bb guns, but he has 10,000 targets in his basement.

Awesome. We have no QB, so we definitely need someone to catch the ball we can't throw.

To be fair, when Braylon was at his best, he was kind of the only type of WR that Sanchez could work well with. When the ground game was working, we could go play-action and just launch it to him, and even if the throw was wildly inaccurate, there was still a chance Braylon could make a circus catch.

He's not going to be the same guy he was in 2010, but we're kind of in desperation mode at WR.

Or are we limiting ourselves to one washed-up diva who publicly badmouthed the FO?

Sanchez has no receivers to throw to, Braylon had chemistry with Sanchez a couple of years ago and is available for cheap now-are we supposed to pass him by?

I don't give a crap what he said about the front office, and I don't see why any Jet fan should be worried about it.

Yet Sanchez still sucked. Weird.

In 2010, Sanchez threw 17 TD's to 13 int's in the regular season

In the playoffs, he threw 9 TD's to 3 int's, all on the road.

I am not quite sure how anyone can say that sucks, for a second year QB, who most likely should have still be on the bench, given his age and lack of experience coming out of college.

Is it great, hell no, is it good, debatable, but if you take 19 games, he threw 26 TD's and 16 int's, for a very young inexperienced second year QB, barring an all time great, I don't know how much better than that anyone can realistically expect. He was playing the most important position on the team that went to the AFCC game, he outplayed Brady in Foxboro.

If you think that sucks, you clearly don't understand football, which you have proven time, and time, and time, and time again.

now, 2011, and 2012, he sucked, and has gotten worse each year.

Why is that?

Usually, QB's don't regress, they usually improve.

Is some of it on him? No question! Is some of it on the line and receiving core in 2011?? I say no doubt, considering the absolute beating he took in 2011.

This year, I think he is just ruined.

I do question his toughness, but he is just done without a doubt.

But to say he sucked in 2010 is not just wrong, it's stupid. It's the stuff that JF80 and Jif spew, while raving about moron Rex and his greatness.

This is why I hate Rex, he took a guy who showed promise, and ruined him, destroyed him to the point where he is a shell of what he was in 2010. When he was not great by any stretch, but now he is so bad that you even have to question if it is the same player.

But to say he sucked in 2010 is not just wrong, it's stupid. It's the stuff that JF80 and Jif spew, while raving about moron Rex and his greatness.

This is why I hate Rex, he took a guy who showed promise, and ruined him, destroyed him to the point where he is a shell of what he was in 2010. When he was not great by any stretch, but now he is so bad that you even have to question if it is the same player.

LMFAO - you cant make this up. Rex is responsible for Sanchez's regression? Then who was responsible for this great season in 2010 after a historically bad season in 2009? He improved, in your opinion....that was all Sanchez, no Ryan, but as soon as he started playing worse and worse, that's Rex's fault. Good stuff right there.

Or you could say that Rex put together a defense that, along with the running game Tannenbaum managed to amass (he targeted Woody to play RT when the guy was a career G/C with a few starts), carried Sanchez. Once those two facets weren't COMPLETELY DOMINATING the kid folded up like a lawn chair.

LMFAO - too funny. Winning despite your QB, is the toughest thing to do in Football. Period.

LMFAO - you cant make this up. Rex is responsible for Sanchez's regression? Then who was responsible for this great season in 2010 after a historically bad season in 2009? He improved, in your opinion....that was all Sanchez, no Ryan, but as soon as he started playing worse and worse, that's Rex's fault. Good stuff right there.

I'm flattered that he basically labeled you and me as the biggest Sanchez haters. I wonder what his dog's thoughts are?

LMFAO - too funny. Winning despite your QB, is the toughest thing to do in Football. Period.

I'm flattered that he basically labeled you and me as the biggest Sanchez haters. I wonder what his dog's thoughts are?

OK geniuses, and I mean that in the most sincere way possible.

Lets try to stick to the point.

Genius 1 says Sanchez sucked with those 3 receivers in 2010.

I rebut with evidence that he did not suck.

Genius 2 comes back with blaming talk about his Lover, Rex.

Lets get this out in the open, K geniuses?

Rex absolutely gets credit for Sanchez in 2010, he did a very good job, surrounding him with enough talent, and not asking more of him than he could do in 2010.

Lets also get back to the point, throwing 9 TD's to 3 int's in 3 games on the road in the playoffs, is not a team winning IN SPITE of a QB as you like to say, it's as dumb of a statement as can be made, come on, you are smarter than this, I know you are, your a genius.

But to say that the team around him in 2010 vs. 2011 did not contribute to his regression, is either blind hatred, or stupidity, you choose, your the genius.

Also to say that Rex had nothing to do with going from the talent they had in 2010 to the talent they had in 2011 on offense, is either blind love, or stupidity, you choose once again, you are the genius.

But back to the original genius point, Sanchez did not suck in 2010. When you consider he probably should have been on the bench as a rookie in 2010, it makes it even less acceptable to call it suck, but even taking that out, his stats in 2010, and the Jets team results in 2010 say strongly that you are both wrong, despite being the geniuss that you are.

Lets also be clear, I never said anything of the sort that you two are the biggest Sanchez haters, your not. Maybe your genius powers were able to somehow magically deduce that from my post, not sure. Your not the biggest haters, but you may be the smartest two posters on this board, congrats.

Or you could say that Rex put together a defense that, along with the running game Tannenbaum managed to amass (he targeted Woody to play RT when the guy was a career G/C with a few starts@T in Detroit), carried Sanchez. Once those two facets weren't COMPLETELY DOMINATING the kid folded up like a lawn chair.

You are so money on just about everything.

Archived