•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Edwards Ex-Coach Says Receiver Has Likely Season Ending Injury

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

The Jets acquisition of wide receiver Braylon Edwards off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks is already creating some controversy.

According to sources Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Edwards was released because of an injury which would affect the rest of his season:

The Seahawks let Braylon Edwards go because they believed he had a hamstring injury that could keep him out for the remainder of the season, Pete Carroll told reporters in Seattle today.

“We thought he had a three-week injury or so,” Carroll said. “It would be a while for him to get back and we weren’t sure if he would make it back.”

Source: Newark Star-Ledger / Conor Orr

Edwards played 28 games for the Jets during the 2009/10 seasons with 85 receptions, 1,445 yards and 11 touchdowns.  Since leaving injuries have plague he’s production resulting in 23 catches for 255 yards and one touchdown during 19 games with the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks.  He was also forced to backtrack from some unflattering remarks made over twitter about the Jets organization in regards to their handling of quarterback Mark Sanchez before the team picked him up.

The injury status of Edwards should become clearer today (Thursday) as the team returns to practice in preparation for their Monday night matchup against the Tennessee Titians but it is a questionable decision to bring Edwards here if he is indeed unable to contribute right away with the Jets dealing with an injury depleted receiving core.

This move may have had as much to do with providing a friendly face/supporter for embattled quarterback Mark Sanchez then actual production at this point, we’ll just have to wait and see what Edwards can provide on the field the rest of the season.

#2 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

"Give us your tired, your weak, your injured"

#3 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

the fact that his comeback is MNF on national TV is convenient. xtra day to prepare and not unthinkable that Braylon going full beast mode for this game.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#4 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,761 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

So who needs a receiver that can run
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#5 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,445 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

We are going to look damn swagger on the sidelines though.
Originally Posted by Blackout
LOL ignorance is bless.

#6 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,309 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

CIRCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#7 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

He passed a physical. Pete Carroll would never have sour grapes ever.

#8 DLJ

DLJ

J-E-T-S!

• Members
  • 20,303 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

:D

#9 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Medical evals are one thing we do that's beyond reproach. If our guys say Braylon's healthy, then Pete Carroll can go pound sand.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,032 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

SSECORP
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#11 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Medical evals are one thing we do that's beyond reproach. If our guys say Braylon's healthy, then Pete Carroll can go pound sand.

This is very true and I completely agree. But this year, can't you just picture the med staff calling it quits a few weeks ago?

Like I can just see them sitting around, not giving a sh*t and being like, "I dunno man, just tell them that Braylon's fine...so anyways yeah like I was sayin, alligators love marshmallows."

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#12 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Umm, hello! We don't need Bray for the REGULAR season! We're stocking up for the POST season. Am I the only one who understands what the Jets FO is doing? Good grief.

#13 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

This is very true and I completely agree. But this year, can't you just picture the med staff calling it quits a few weeks ago?

Like I can just see them sitting around, not giving a sh*t and being like, "I dunno man, just tell them that Braylon's fine...so anyways yeah like I was sayin, alligators love marshmallows."

This is true...but who doesnt?
Posted Image

#14 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,147 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

The beard offsets the limp.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#15 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

This is true...but who doesnt?

On their own I think they're kind of overrated. One or two marshmallows and I'm good, not craving anymore. S'mores however, that's a different story.

#16 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

On their own I think they're kind of overrated. One or two marshmallows and I'm good, not craving anymore. S'mores however, that's a different story.

Yeah, if you're just eating them straight out the bag unless your roasting them, agreed.

I guess I'm thinking about the all the things I love them in, like deserts or sweet potatoes. Stuff like that.

Melo and Kobe going off.
Posted Image

#17 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, if you're just eating them straight out the bag unless your roasting them, agreed.

I guess I'm thinking about the all the things I love them in, like deserts or sweet potatoes. Stuff like that.

Melo and Kobe going off.

Chandler > Howard.

#18 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Chandler > Howard.

Ha! Sure looks that way this year.

Melo is going mental.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic