•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Braylon passes physical, will probably play Monday..

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Steveg

Steveg

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Braylon Edwards passed physical, Jets think he can play on Monday despite hamstring injury

By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger The Star-Ledger
on December 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM

The Seahawks waived Braylon Edwards earlier in the week because of a hamstring injury that, they felt, could possibly keep him out for the remainder of the season.

Well, today he'll be limited during Jets practice but will still participate. Rex Ryan thinks he can play on Monday.
"Obviously, we felt different," Ryan said.

He added: "He passed the physical, he's cleared to practice. I'm optimistic he'll be able to play on Monday but I'll learn on our trainers and doctors. I'll say this about Braylon -- he's extremely happy to be here, I've seen him in the locker room, he's hugging guys, he's going crazy. I was happy to see him despite the obvious comment."

Right, that whole thing about Edwards calling the Jets decision makers "idiots" for their handling of Mark Sanchez.
Ryan made light of that as well.

"With the comment, I look at it this way, (general manager Mike Tannenbaum) and I are both doing this 'he's talking about you, no he's talking about you,'" Ryan joked. "So, we're both okay with it."

As far as learning the playbook, Ryan said that receivers coach Sanjay Lal has been spending extra time getting him up to speed. He didn't think Edwards could contribute as early as he did when the Jets traded for him in 2009, either.

"All I want is the exact type of game the last time we picked him up," Ryan said. "I think he scored a touchdown and set up two others. If he can do that we'll be okay. When we did make that trade there were questions about how much we could really play him (the following Sunday) and he played a ton for us."

#2 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,137 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Sweet. Just wish the entire Fly Boy crew was available for the season. We'd be Super Bowl bound for sure.
Posted Image

#3 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

He might have been playing hurt... but he has been playing.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#4 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

He might have been playing hurt... but he has been playing.

Yea I don't get all the snide comments, what do the Jets have to lose here? If he plays ok, good, or even great, and helps us win the next 3 games they look great, if he is bad to mediocre oh well we sucked anyway, if he does something stupid, and makes them look like fools, so what everybody who has a public voice AKA media, already wants you to believe that, and thinks that!

It's a 3 game contract (hopefully 4+) nothing more, and it could be less, there is no risk here at all, and TBH if they didn't make this move they SHOULD have been killed for not doing it more than some are killing them for trying it.

If he does nothing else other than maybe jolting Marks confidence, and maybe taking the top of D's out the play it's a success IMO.

#5 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 23,046 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Mark Sanchez has more career TD passes to Braylon Edwards (12) than he has to the rest of the Jets' WRs combined (8)

#6 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Mark Sanchez has more career TD passes to Braylon Edwards (12) than he has to the rest of the Jets' WRs combined (8)

sooo what your saying is.......... SUPERBOWL?!?!?!

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,137 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Kind of stupid stat. That's over the span of 2 season, including playoffs.

Not to mention he only has 12 TD's on the season. lol
Posted Image

#8 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

is he going to even have an impact lol?

#9 DLJ

DLJ

J-E-T-S!

• Members
  • 20,306 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

SWAGGER

#10 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,137 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

SWAGGER

OMG. Avatar. <3 u long time
Posted Image

#11 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,040 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

idk why we ever got rid of edwards. he did a nice job for us

#12 Vicious89x

Vicious89x

Master Banned

• Members
  • 16,906 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

How many turnovers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users