Happy Together

Maxman

You and Greg have won me over...... Go Sanchez! I think he'll kick ass this week

Me too...but no offense to Court, she's had no influence on me. Its been all EDV. Court incoherently and irrationally supports Mark Sanchez because of his ravishing good looks. Greg is just a straight up positive dude who more than likely knows how bad Mark is but cant be negative about it because that would be going against his whole thingy he's doing, which I've totally bought into....so, yeah, GO MARK!!!!

Just wanted to clarify.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too...but no offense to Court, she's had no influence on me. Its been all EDV. Court incoherently and irrationally supports Mark Sanchez because of his ravishing good looks. Greg is just a straight up positive dude who more than likely knows how bad Mark is but cant be negative about it because that would be going against his whole thingy he's doing, which I've totally bought into....so, yeah, GO MARK!!!!

Just wanted to clarify.

Courtney -- I just got your text message. I just want to be sure, this is the post that you want Jif banned for? Not a problem, I just want to make sure I have the right one for record keeping purposes.

LOL -- just kidding.

Courtney -- I just got your text message. I just want to be sure, this is the post that you want Jif banned for? Not a problem, I just want to make sure I have the right one for record keeping purposes.

LOL -- just kidding.

She's just mad she cant have me. I get this type of resentment all the time.

Max, due to the collaboration with EDV3k that inevitably put insane pressure on your bandwidth due to all his followers downloading the podcast this week, I really appreciate the extra precautions you've obviously made to keep this place running. Kind of like putting the house on stilts before Hurricane Irene. I'm extra optimistic about our chances Monday and just the overall weekend I'm going to have In general because we've already had a ton of luck just in the past 24 hours.

Max, due to the collaboration with EDV3k that inevitably put insane pressure on your bandwidth due to all his followers downloading the podcast this week, I really appreciate the extra precautions you've obviously made to keep this place running. Kind of like putting the house on stilts before Hurricane Irene. I'm extra optimistic about our chances Monday and just the overall weekend I'm going to have In general because we've already had a ton of luck just in the past 24 hours.

Positivity has a price. :)

Greg EDV is an extremely young Jets fan and makes us all seem grizzled. I don't agree with his "logic" but I generally agree with the conclusion. Going to the game and booing the team is counter productive. Saying it doesn't matter is rationalization for bad behavior.

Science hasn't fully explained the power of the human mind. 500 years from now maybe it will. BUt we are just barely climing out of the dark ages about the human brain. positivity is an interesting approach and the mindset of the fans do have an effect on the outcome of the game.

Look at the Cubs fans at Steve Bartman foul ball. Yes it was a mistake and bad. But the whole stadium went "here we go" and the collective mental power of 80k people weighed on that team and they lost. THere were still 2 innings left. They didn't have to lose the game. But the place imploded and they did lose. If Steve Bartman was a yankees fan during the late 90's the crowd shakes it off and expects to win. Boston fans have recently expected to win everything and for the most part it helps. Im not saying it's the reason why things happen but it's an edge. Like giving 3 points to the home team, maybe a hostile home crowd takes away that 3 points.

Similarly, look at how the crowd responded when Greg McElroy went into the game, the charge that the crowd gives the players is real, despite what they say to the contrary. Positive energy is never a bad thing. Negative energy is never a good thing. I see all these threads about how the team needs to fire everyone and start over, there's no good that can come of thinking like this, while the season is happening. Want to talk about it in March, fair enough. with the team 6-7 and streaking, it's not the time for this conversation.

while it is funny, there's no upside to the dude with the hulk costume next to the X REX sign. It's like saying my house is a mess, instead of working hard to clean it, let's just burn it down

Just wanted to clarify.

photo-thumb-8521.gif?_r=1345390486 <-------------------- ULTIMATE HATERRRRRR

Just wanted to clarify.

Court is an unbelievable entertainer but I agree if it wasn't for EVD I wouldn't be the man I am today

Let's not get crazy. My free agency is coming up.

Here are the negotiations:

Tom: You need to sign me to help your sagging ratings.

Max: Tom you are a valued member of this community, please continue to post in the forums.

Tom: I am the forums. I will take my act elsewhere if you don't start paying me.

Max: Tom you have been banned everywhere else.

Tom: (silence)

Archived