No hometown discount from Landry for Jets

Scott Dierking

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My retorts on the coach are based on results and management principals.

What metrics are you aware of for coaching?

And, lets see if you can have dialogue without name calling.

I'm not arguing that Rex is anything special. That's the difference. Neither are most people on this board.

The only argument is that Rex's press conferences, and in this specific thread, a player saying that he's not interested in taking a home town discount is indicative of exactly nothing.

Swing and a miss, in other words.

I'm not arguing that Rex is anything special. That's the difference. Neither are most people on this board.

The only argument is that Rex's press conferences, and in this specific thread, a player saying that he's not interested in taking a home town discount is indicative of exactly nothing.

Swing and a miss, in other words.

We have been told by Rex himself that players like to come play for him. It appears not.

Not a big indictment, as are the lack of institutional control he has over this team, but another bluster from Rex that amounts to nothing.

You have had as many swing and misses in this forum, as a 2 year old tee ball player. Hey, it happens in agenda ridden drivel. Same as me.

From what I had heard from the Jets, players want to come play for Ryan, without having even been here. The fact that someone will not stay for a little less is somewhat telling.

Who signs for less in the NFL? If that's supposed to be the determining factor as to whether players want to play for a coach, then there isn't a player's coach in the league.

There are probably a few coaches out there scaring FAs -or their own players- away though. I doubt Rex is one of them. While Jet fans whine about the unconditional public support Rex gives a guy like Mark Sanchez, I imagine players around the league view that support as a check in Ryan's pro column.

Who signs for less in the NFL? If that's supposed to be the determining factor as to whether players want to play for a coach, then there isn't a player's coach in the league.

There are probably a few coaches out there scaring FAs -or their own players- away though. I doubt Rex is one of them. While Jet fans whine about the unconditional public support Rex gives a guy like Mark Sanchez, I imagine players around the league view that support as a check in Ryan's pro column.

Some players give the team that gave them the last chance, the edge. That is all I am alluding to here.

Hey, it is Rex that is saying players WANT TO come here and play for him.

Most coaches are not so stupid to make such pronouncements.

Some players give the team that gave them the last chance, the edge. That is all I am alluding to here.

Hey, it is Rex that is saying players WANT TO come here and play for him.

Most coaches are not so stupid to make such pronouncements.

hes not wrong though. A lot of players seem to like him and would probably want to playi with him so i dont really know what your alluding to?

i dont remember any player saying he wouldnt come to the jets because of rex

hes not wrong though. A lot of players seem to like him and would probably want to playi with him so i dont really know what your alluding to?

i dont remember any player saying he wouldnt come to the jets because of rex

Where did I say that they wouldn't come here? Rex seems to think they come here just for him though. He has boasted about it.

We have been told by Rex himself that players like to come play for him. It appears not.

Not a big indictment, as are the lack of institutional control he has over this team, but another bluster from Rex that amounts to nothing.

You have had as many swing and misses in this forum, as a 2 year old tee ball player. Hey, it happens in agenda ridden drivel. Same as me.

So, one player proves something?

And, since I've had so many misses, it shouldn't be hard for you to name something I've been wrong about with regards to Sanchez... Just one... Shouldn't be tough, right?

And, since I've had so many misses, it shouldn't be hard for you to name something I've been wrong about with regards to Sanchez... Just one... Shouldn't be tough, right?

One player proves nothing. A legacy of leadership gone astray and failure to develop a team along with diminishing returns are my concern.

I have no interest in defending Sanchez here.

As for you, your interest seems to be more of showmanship and puffery, compared to real substance. I won't explode your self myth here.

One player proves nothing. A legacy of leadership gone astray and failure to develop a team along with diminishing returns are my concern.

As for you, your interest seems to be more of showmanship and puffery, compared to real substance. I won't explode your self myth here.

You post like Colin Firth talks.

Gotcha. So, essentially, much like your original post, your comments were baseless and agenda-pushing.

If I was on the market, and I had competing bids from my current company and a company someplace else that I was not familiar with, I would give my current company a discount. I am established in the community, my kids are established in the schools, and I know the people I will be working with. That is of value to me.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a 28 year old guy with one chance at a pay day definitely has the same criteria and concern for the local school system that you have. Pure awesome.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a 28 year old guy with one chance at a pay day definitely has the same criteria and concern for the local school system that you have. Pure awesome.

The question from Faba was posed to me, personally. And, there ARE players that give it consideration.Jay Cutler just announced that he would give a discount to stay with the Bears.

Again, Rex tells us the Jets are a destination, purely because of him.

Gotcha. So, essentially, much like your original post, your comments were baseless and agenda-pushing.

The comments fit within the framework of a coach whose opinion of himself is overriding of reality, fits within commentary other coaches do not partake in, and contributes the to general leadership void that is exhibited within this organization. Among:

-Failure to lead (losing the locker room)

-Failure to recognize how leadership manifests itself at a players level (indiscriminantly handing captaincy out to players not deserving)

-Coaches speaking to the media on private matters (being forced to rotate players he did not want to)

-Coaches taking their own actions which are beyond acceptance (Alosi)

-Players speaking out against each other to the media

-Accountability in the locker room is absent

Singularly, you can say that that these are separate acts that don't amount to much. Together, they are a thread of a rudderless leadership of someone who is vacant in that area.

And, this does not even get to the football problems of this head coach. That is a whole other subject.

You feel that this abomination is qb focused (which is another indictment of the coach-you can't separate them). The problems are deeper than that. So if you just want to scratch the surface, continue to be mislead.

Why not? It fits with Scott's agenda so it must be true.

Why not, Rex tells us he is a difference maker is where players want to play, so it must be true.

Hey, if Landry wanted to be "PC" about this he could have said, "all things equal, I would like to stay in NY . I love the staff and the system here". He didn't say that.

lmfao - a legacy? It happened one season and he owned up to it and has shown this season he can keep it together as his team is still in the playoff hunt despite all the adversity they've faced.

Why not, Rex tells us he is a difference maker is where players want to play, so it must be true.

Hey, if Landry wanted to be "PC" about this he could have said, "all things equal, I would like to stay in NY . I love the staff and the system here". He didn't say that.

Landy was a free agent last season, other teams were courting him, he chose the Jets. You lose.

lmfao - a legacy? It happened one season and he owned up to it and has shown this season he can keep it together as his team is still in the playoff hunt despite all the adversity they've faced.

Keep it together is players bickering about each other to the media? Coaches coming out about what they have been told who they must play?

That sounds like a cohesive team to you?

The great news is that we have those shiny division playoff trophies to decorate Ewbanks Hall, along with the Division title Rex has delivered.

If I was on the market, and I had competing bids from my current company and a company someplace else that I was not familiar with, I would give my current company a discount. I am established in the community, my kids are established in the schools, and I know the people I will be working with. That is of value to me.

As loathsome as I find agreeing with dierking to be, I agree. Plenty of players have taken less to stay put

I'm pretty sure you said Sanchez would be long forgotten in 15 years, but people will be enjoying the ass fumble for generations on blooper reels

The question from Faba was posed to me, personally. And, there ARE players that give it consideration.Jay Cutler just announced that he would give a discount to stay with the Bears.

Again, Rex tells us the Jets are a destination, purely because of him.

I have never seen Rex say that. When did that happen? Throw up a link I would love to see that story. Thanks.

Can we all agree that having Rex as a coach has had zero effect on attracting free agents?

Totally disagree.

Having Rex was the sole reason for landing Bart Scott. So it has definitely had an effect, a negative one but it is still an effect.

Archived