Adrian Peterson's quest for 2K

Blackout

Dudes a f**kin beast

i'm starting to admit that he MIGHT, just MAYBE, PERHAPS just as good if not better than Curtis Martin (who is obviously the best RB ever) and Tomlinson (second best ever).

but it'd help seal the deal if AP comes to the Jets one day ;)

ya know what would be nice? if we could draft just one guy who we can say is a beast. and not a damn cb

why can't the JETS find guys like Muscle Hampster and Alfred "I drive a 1991 car" Morris?

it's not like Tampa or Washington have been ran by people with brains over the past 5 years

instead with Rex we always freaking draft defense first, or a stupid USC quarterback who's best years in the NFL were his rookie year lol

Tough call. Manning making a great case for MVP and CPoY at the same time. Men in Black are definitely tracking both these guys.

In the age of the QB...what Peterson is doing is unbelievable. Also considering he's less than a year away from major knee surgery. If he breaks the record he has to be MVP

too bad OJ never got to play in a 16 game season

but im sure he can play in a 16 game season in the jail leagues

Oh, you had to bring up OJ. Little know fact, we went to the same High School -- Galileo. It's best quality is that it looks like a handcuff factory.

Edit: Not to poo-poo my alma mater; it was walking to the Marina and it afforded me the opportunity to hang out with the winos, drug addicts and conga drummers. I rarely went to class and was pretty much incoherent when I was there.

Where would the Vikings be without AP? Ponder is awful.

IF the Vikes make the playoffs he would have to be considered, TBH both him, and P Manning should be declared Co MVP's, and Co CBPOTY. But if the Vikes don't make the playoffs then NO he shouldn't be considered for the MVP. In this case you give him the AP player of the year award.

• 2 weeks later...

In the age of the QB...what Peterson is doing is unbelievable. Also considering he's less than a year away from major knee surgery. If he breaks the record he has to be MVP

Manning is coming back from a year off as well. And I'm necroing this because the Broncos have now won 10 in a row. No knock on AP...he's amazing, but I honestly think Manning would have put the Jets in a similar situation as he did the Broncos. He's just THAT good.

I'm all for a co-MVP (and co-CPOY) award for both these guys.

Manning is coming back from a year off as well. And I'm necroing this because the Broncos have now won 10 in a row. No knock on AP...he's amazing, but I honestly think Manning would have put the Jets in a similar situation as he did the Broncos. He's just THAT good.

I'm all for a co-MVP (and co-CPOY) award for both these guys.

I don't agree with this. Manning is great but he isn't a miracle worker. The Broncos are better on the line, in the WR corps, and they have healthy, reliable tight ends. Hell Knowshon Moreno looks light years ahead of Shonn Greene.

I don't agree with this. Manning is great but he isn't a miracle worker. The Broncos are better on the line, in the WR corps, and they have healthy, reliable tight ends. Hell Knowshon Moreno looks light years ahead of Shonn Greene.

that's what we get for letting Cotchery and Plax go...Peyton wasn't interested in us

He actually might be. Denver scored about 11 more points per game than the Jets this season, but also 10 more ppg than the same Broncos team scored last year with you-know-who at the helm.

How many passes did Sanchez miss on (throwing behind receiver or overthrowing or whatever) plus figure half the interceptions don't happen. I believe with Manning we have at least three more wins (including the 1st Pats game) and are firmly locked in the playoffs. Manning has made average WRs look good and good WRs look great his entire career. Kerley could have been a 1,000 yd guy this season. Oh well.

He actually might be. Denver scored about 11 more points per game than the Jets this season, but also 10 more ppg than the same Broncos team scored last year with you-know-who at the helm.

How many passes did Sanchez miss on (throwing behind receiver or overthrowing or whatever) plus figure half the interceptions don't happen. I believe with Manning we have at least three more wins (including the 1st Pats game) and are firmly locked in the playoffs. Manning has made average WRs look good and good WRs look great his entire career. Kerley could have been a 1,000 yd guy this season. Oh well.

The Jets don't have average receivers or running backs. Most of them are below average for their slot.

And the first Pats game wasn't on Mark. He played well enough to win.

You've gotta be kidding me with this. Peyton makes EVERYONE better. Knowshon Moreno was firmly in John Fox's doghouse. Then Peyton steps in and suddenly the kid is understanding the blocking schemes and making them not really miss Willis McGahee at all. Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas were considered pretty average/slightly above average WR's. Peyton steps in and Thomas finishes top 5 among NFL WR's in yardage.

Healthy, reliable TE's? Can you even NAME Denver's TE's? lol!

Never mind the fact that Peyton was on a new team with new coordinators and players; an excuse that that was made for Sanchez for 4 years (NO CONSISTENCY IN COACHING OR RECEIVERS DERP!)

Peyton Manning IS a miracle worker. There's no other explanation for a guy coming off 4 neck surgeries. He's the greatest to ever play the position, and this year cemented it.

Insert Peyton in as Jets QB this season, and we go 11-5 at worst. Even if you buy into the "well with Tebow the Broncos won a playoff game" argument, the Broncos managed to go 13-3 off a 9-7 season for a 4-game improvement. Think we couldn't have gone from 8-8 to 12-4 with the greatest QB of all-time?

Manning didnt look Mannignesque when he had these types of weapons with the COlts the year we beat him in the playoffs. He wasnt making Blair White look that good.

The fact that they still made the playoffs with Blair White as a starter was a Manning miracle as well. That team had no business being in the postseason.

You've gotta be kidding me with this. Peyton makes EVERYONE better. Knowshon Moreno was firmly in John Fox's doghouse. Then Peyton steps in and suddenly the kid is understanding the blocking schemes and making them not really miss Willis McGahee at all. Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas were considered pretty average/slightly above average WR's. Peyton steps in and Thomas finishes top 5 among NFL WR's in yardage.

Healthy, reliable TE's? Can you even NAME Denver's TE's? lol!

Never mind the fact that Peyton was on a new team with new coordinators and players; an excuse that that was made for Sanchez for 4 years (NO CONSISTENCY IN COACHING OR RECEIVERS DERP!)

Peyton Manning IS a miracle worker. There's no other explanation for a guy coming off 4 neck surgeries. He's the greatest to ever play the position, and this year cemented it.

Insert Peyton in as Jets QB this season, and we go 11-5 at worst. Even if you buy into the "well with Tebow the Broncos won a playoff game" argument, the Broncos managed to go 13-3 off a 9-7 season for a 4-game improvement. Think we couldn't have gone from 8-8 to 12-4 with the greatest QB of all-time?

Joel Dreesen, Jacob Tamme, etc etc.

Knowshon Moreno might have been in the dog house but don't act like he doesn't have the talent to be good.

Decker and Thomas are made better by Manning, but they were solid with Tebow and they are better than any of the garbage we have at the position.

I'm not denying that Manning wouldn't have made the Jets better, but I doubt we win the division and it'd be a stretch for a Wild Card. Special teams were bad, defense was average at best. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make me want bacon.

Dammit, now I want bacon.

I'm not denying that Manning wouldn't have made the Jets better, but I doubt we win the division and it'd be a stretch for a Wild Card. Special teams were bad, defense was average at best. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make me want bacon.

Peyton couldn't take a 2-14 team to the playoffs, I don't think, but he can take a mediocre team there. Our biggest problem, by a vast margin, was QB play. Fix that, and all our other problems look easier to deal with.

We wouldn't have to worry about special teams as much when our team is scoring TD's instead of getting FG's blocked or trying to win a field position battle.

Our defense, which was solid this year despite our flaws (particularly in the secondary even WITHOUT Revis) wouldn't be under as much stress to stop opposing offenses or constantly be put in bad situations.

And, of course, our RB's, WR's, and O-line would look tons better with Peyton running the show as QB and defacto O-coordinator.

Archived