Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the 49ers don't go back to Alex Smith they won't win the SB

his "strong arm" lead to a huge INT for them today and he hasn't busted off any of those runs that he can do against crappy teams

Alex Smith is the true QB for San Fran

Aren't you the same guy that thinks that Mark Sanchez brought the Jets to the AFC championship twice?

his "strong arm" lead to a huge INT for them today and he hasn't busted off any of those runs that he can do against crappy teams

You must have conveniently forgot about the 20 yard QB scramble/draw he made on 3rd and 8 in the 2nd quarter that got the 49ers inside the 10, and the student body left he ran for another 15 that was 1 TD saving tackle away from 6, but it still got them inside the 5 yard line, and how about placing the ball on the right shoulder for Crabtree to let him know which way to make the move to beat the CB after the catch on that last TD pass right after the Pats tied the game. Oh and the roll out right when the Pats sent A gap pressure that he picked up on immediatly, and rolled right to avoid it before it got there, and before the play was broken down, and hit Crabtree with a perfect strike down the right sideline to pick up a 1st down on a big 3rd down in the 2nd quarter.

Yeah Capernick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith, and its not even close. To further my point if he wasn't better than Smith he is still holding a clip board, Harbaugh knows WTF he is doing, and if he is playing Colin over Alex I'll trust his judgement over yours that's for damn sure.

You can't win with a C+ quarterback anymore. If you have a C+ quarterback, you have to exhaust every resource at your disposal to upgrade the position, or you'll waste entire careers tryiing to be that anomalous team that squeaks through a weak field into the Super Bowl.

You can't win with a C+ quarterback anymore. If you have a C+ quarterback, you have to exhaust every resource at your disposal to upgrade the position, or you'll waste entire careers tryiing to be that anomalous team that squeaks through a weak field into the Super Bowl.

Wow the Jets have a lot of extra credit assignments to hand in before the playoffs.

I agree, and also think guys like Newton, Wilson, Kapernick, and RGIII are going to be the new wave of sought after QB's, there are only a handful of truely elite traditional QB's, but guys like these 4 can offset that with the D not being able to read, and react as quick because of the multiple ways they can beat you, and they also don't have to worry about reading the entire defense correctly, because their unique skill takes the D out of their positioning, and this could greatly increase the number of QB's considered elite in the NFL.

The hard part thou for the NFL is determining which QB's have the rare multi skill set of a Newton, Wilson, RGIII, and Cappy, and the one's who are lacking certain traits to run these type of offenses effectively like T Tebow, J Webb, and the jury is probably still out on T Pryor, but I gotta assume he is not properly equipped at least as of yet. Bill Belicheck proved this point IMO last year in the playoff game against Tebow, he was not scared of him being able to fire a ball into a WR, so he just lined up his players in a specific zone that always kept Tebow in front of his defensive players, and also knowing any throw he made would take to long, and his players would have a really good chance at breaking it up, or intercepting it, where as last night Kappy's arm strength did/can negate that type of defensive scheme, just like the other 3 guys I named here can.

You also need to find an offensive HC/O-Coordinator who knows how to design these type of offenses around these types of QB's, and know how to call the game properly using these type of QB's, this is just as important as finding the player who has all the skill sets for these type of systems.

Also 1 more thing, this is fairly new to the NFL, and the jury is still out on whether the physical toll that this type of QB will endure will be able to sustain multiple NFL seasons, and this would have to be factored into the decision by front offices if they decide to go this route, is it worth giving the franchise the reigns, and big $$$$$$ to this type of QB if he can't stay on the field for a full season, or his effectiveness is only going to be short lived because the physical abuse is to much for someone at that position to sustain a long succesful NFL career.

Agree, Kapernick is going to lose them a game in the playoffs.

This team is so good, all they need is an average qb who doesn't make mistakes. Not an erratic one who mixes great plays with bone head plays.

They are defending champions if not for 2 fumbles on punt returns, why mess with it.

I agree, and also think guys like Newton, Wilson, Kapernick, and RGIII are going to be the new wave of sought after QB's, there are only a handful of truely elite traditional QB's, but guys like these 4 can offset that with the D not being able to read, and react as quick because of the multiple ways they can beat you, and they also don't have to worry about reading the entire defense correctly, because their unique skill takes the D out of their positioning, and this could greatly increase the number of QB's considered elite in the NFL.

The hard part thou for the NFL is determining which QB's have the rare multi skill set of a Newton, Wilson, RGIII, and Cappy, and the one's who are lacking certain traits to run these type of offenses effectively like T Tebow, J Webb, and the jury is probably still out on T Pryor, but I gotta assume he is not properly equipped at least as of yet. Bill Belicheck proved this point IMO last year in the playoff game against Tebow, he was not scared of him being able to fire a ball into a WR, so he just lined up his players in a specific zone that always kept Tebow in front of his defensive players, and also knowing any throw he made would take to long, and his players would have a really good chance at breaking it up, or intercepting it, where as last night Kappy's arm strength did/can negate that type of defensive scheme, just like the other 3 guys I named here can.

You also need to find an offensive HC/O-Coordinator who knows how to design these type of offenses around these types of QB's, and know how to call the game properly using these type of QB's, this is just as important as finding the player who has all the skill sets for these type of systems.

Also 1 more thing, this is fairly new to the NFL, and the jury is still out on whether the physical toll that this type of QB will endure will be able to sustain multiple NFL seasons, and this would have to be factored into the decision by front offices if they decide to go this route, is it worth giving the franchise the reigns, and big $$$$$$ to this type of QB if he can't stay on the field for a full season, or his effectiveness is only going to be short lived because the physical abuse is to much for someone at that position to sustain a long succesful NFL career.

No running QB has ever won a title. Even if they make it through the regular season without dying, defenders won't give a shizz about killing them in a playoff game, and that's when your title run ends. Newton, RGIII, etc will only win the Super Bowl when they stop leaving the pocket.

No running QB has ever won a title. Even if they make it through the regular season without dying, defenders won't give a shizz about killing them in a playoff game, and that's when your title run ends. Newton, RGIII, etc will only win the Super Bowl when they stop leaving the pocket.

While this statement is true today, it might not be true in 5 years, this is the first time NFL coaches have specifically designed their offenses to these QB's, and I think that might change the future success that these type of QB's have yet to have.

Alex Smith does not make any of those TD throws as he floats it in there. Kapernick has a cannon.

Smith showed his ceiling. While the 49ers might be trading what they can do this year as Kapernick learns, and I am not sure they are, the kid has a ton more upside than Alex.

Alex Smith does not make any of those TD throws as he floats it in there. Kapernick has a cannon.

Smith showed his ceiling. While the 49ers might be trading what they can do this year as Kapernick learns, and I am not sure they are, the kid has a ton more upside than Alex.

Agree, if Smith is playing last night, the Pats probably win that game.

ALL of those TD passes are passes Smith can make

Colin Humperdink can only create big plays against crappy defenses

Ummm do you not recall the TD to Crabtree where he threw the ball 60mph. Yeahhhhh, I'm sure Smith can do that. Now go bury your head where it was again.

While this statement is true today, it might not be true in 5 years, this is the first time NFL coaches have specifically designed their offenses to these QB's, and I think that might change the future success that these type of QB's have yet to have.

RGIII really does not run all that much. He picks and chooses his spots and can without a doubt complete pass after pass to move a team down the field. I bet you if you look at the numbers he runs less than Steve Young did, and I'm pretty sure he worked out ok for SF

We got to the AFCCG twice in back to back years with a D minus QB.

I wish we had a C+ QB.... Imagine?

RGIII really does not run all that much. He picks and chooses his spots and can without a doubt complete pass after pass to move a team down the field. I bet you if you look at the numbers he runs less than Steve Young did, and I'm pretty sure he worked out ok for SF

While all of this is possibly true, I haven't checked the stats, the THREAT of him running on that read option is there every single play, it freezes the DE's/OLB's depending on D alignment on every single play, because if they don't protect that edge, that 1, or however times he actually does take of with it will be a big gainer, and possibly a TD, this gives him extra time in the pocket, and opens up the down field WR's, because the whole D has to freeze on the plays he fakes the read option, and stands in the pocket to deliver a pass, trust me if NFL D's stop respecting that, RGIII's rushing attempts will increase until they respect it again after he burns them.

Previous running QB's were asked/demanded to learn the traditional NFL Pro offense, and now for the 1st time the NFL is learning, and designing their offenses around the strenth of these so called running QB's.

But also like I said before this is a very new concept in the NFL, last year was really the first year it was introduced as a big part of a teams offense, and we don't know what the physical toll will do to these guys, short, or long term. And this is where NFL execs, and coaches have to make the tough decision when they evaluate if this is the type of QB, and offense they want to run.

A guy like RGIII can probably have a succesful career in the traditional offense, but some who might be very succesful in this new offense tailored to their skill set might not, if the only threat of him running is on a scrambble out of the pocket, reason being is that will change the Defensive looks he gets, and he might have trouble when he has to make multiple reads instead of easy reads set up by the read option offense. I think you saw that earlier this year with Cam Newton, they ran less of the plays from last year, and tried to get Cam to be more of a pocket passer, he struggled, and now it seems they got back to last years offense, and he has been the hottest QB going outside of P Manning in the past few weeks.

While all of this is possibly true, I haven't checked the stats, the THREAT of him running on that read option is there every single play, it freezes the DE's/OLB's depending on D alignment on every single play, because if they don't protect that edge, that 1, or however times he actually does take of with it will be a big gainer, and possibly a TD, this gives him extra time in the pocket, and opens up the down field WR's, because the whole D has to freeze on the plays he fakes the read option, and stands in the pocket to deliver a pass, trust me if NFL D's stop respecting that, RGIII's rushing attempts will increase until they respect it again after he burns them.

Previous running QB's were asked/demanded to learn the traditional NFL Pro offense, and now for the 1st time the NFL is learning, and designing their offenses around the strenth of these so called running QB's.

But also like I said before this is a very new concept in the NFL, last year was really the first year it was introduced as a big part of a teams offense, and we don't know what the physical toll will do to these guys, short, or long term. And this is where NFL execs, and coaches have to make the tough decision when they evaluate if this is the type of QB, and offense they want to run.

A guy like RGIII can probably have a succesful career in the traditional offense, but some who might be very succesful in this new offense tailored to their skill set might not, if the only threat of him running is on a scrambble out of the pocket, reason being is that will change the Defensive looks he gets, and he might have trouble when he has to make multiple reads instead of easy reads set up by the read option offense. I think you saw that earlier this year with Cam Newton, they ran less of the plays from last year, and tried to get Cam to be more of a pocket passer, he struggled, and now it seems they got back to last years offense, and he has been the hottest QB going outside of P Manning in the past few weeks.

The difference between RGIII and Cam and even Vick is that Griffin is smart enough to read defenses and make the right throw WITH accuracy which those other two lack.

I disagree, like Kaepernick he has a good arm and I will root for him. Offensively the 49ers look better and it so happened its with this kid not with Smith

i'd LOVE to see a hardcore team like the 49ers win the SB instead of these stupid track-team offenses like the Pats or Packers

but Alex Smith is the better QB for them as his pace fits them better and he is consistant now

We got to the AFCCG twice in back to back years with a D minus QB.

I wish we had a C+ QB.... Imagine?

I dont' think it mattered what QB we had... the Colts #3 and #4 WR abused our vaunted defense in the 2nd half of the first one, and Rashard Mendenhall ran all over that vaunted defense in the second one.

This. And its another example of the weird trend in football - you see it in college first - then it becomes part of the NFL. The spread offense... The athletic QB's... The Wildcat and "Pistol" formations... All have been prevalent in the NCAA for years.

The difference between RGIII and Cam and even Vick is that Griffin is smart enough to read defenses and make the right throw WITH accuracy which those other two lack.

Funny I'm pretty sure Cam Newton has been the best QB in the league the last 4 weeks on the field, off the field he is a mental mess, I will agree with that.

This. And its another example of the weird trend in football - you see it in college first - then it becomes part of the NFL. The spread offense... The athletic QB's... The Wildcat and "Pistol" formations... All have been prevalent in the NCAA for years.

Exactly, only difference is now the NFL is open to keeping the freakishly talented athletic kids to play QB, and please don't take it as racist from me, but they are also finally open to minorities at QB, and not trying to change them into something they are not, but instead build the offense around their god given talents. It only took 80 years such a shame.

Archived