Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, for all the talk About RG3 being the future of the QB position, I think Kaepernick may better fit that mold, I don't see anything he can't do, rifle arm, blazing speed, huge, and amazingly does not seem to take big hits, where RG3 seems to be always getting banged around.

running only qb's will never be the future. if an nfl qb can't drop back and pick apart a defense then they will only have fleeting success. the ability to read a defense and pick it apart will never be supplanted

Guy is a better Randall Cunningham

Crabtree is also a beast.

Yup, guy was widely considered a bust, goes to show what good coaching, patience, and a good QB can do for a great talent like Crabtree. Everybody knows the beast L Fitzgerald really is, but a terrible QB(s) really neutralize his talent, it's a damn shame to that his prime years are being wasted.

running only qb's will never be the future. if an nfl qb can't drop back and pick apart a defense then they will only have fleeting success. the ability to read a defense and pick it apart will never be supplanted

I agree 100% that is why I am not ready to crown RG3 as many want to do.

It looks to me that Kaepernick can do that, we will see.

How many hits did Kappy take last night? The anwser not many, why? Because he is coached to know when to slide, or get out of bounds when it is blatantly obvious there is no more yards to gain. Oh and you can't hit what you can't catch!

Let's check back in on this two or three years from now.

That's my point.

D Coord's will figure this fad out too - just like the once successful Wildcat that Sparano was sooo successful with that 1 year, and when they do, these Spread Option quarterbacks will become extinct with injuries.

How many hits did Kappy take last night? The anwser not many, why? Because he is coached to know when to slide, or get out of bounds when it is blatantly obvious there is no more yards to gain. Oh and you can't hit what you can't catch!

he's fast as hell like 4.4's. To have the speed to get the edge on NFL LB and CB is rare. Some people think we could be watching a spread-ification of the NFL with Kaep, Russell, RG3 all having playoff runs.

the problem is that strategy is usually unsustainable when one of those NFL LBs catches up to the QB. Running QB's are always exciting and never last. Long term it's more likely that Joey Flacco with a cannon on a platform throwing deep has a longer NFL career than the RG3 and Kaep types.

also SF has the best offensive line in the NFL right now and there's no clear #2. Iupati is an All-Pro sporting a mohawk. Joe Staley is a lock down pass protector who also has caught TD passes in the league. Anthony Davis former RD1 from Rutgers at RT. Alex Boone played tackle for Ohio State and (former Jet) Jonathan Goodwin inside. former first round Leonard Davis is their backup guard. It's a nasty situation.

RG III runs way dumber then Kaep or Wilson who seem to avoid contact

Eventually, they all get clipped. Steve Young, Elway, Randall, etc. Kaepernick's future will be determined by how well be learns to throw from the pocket. All of these scrambling guys are one pop away from becoming pocket passers.

Still feel the same way now?

We'll see.

This has always been the argument against a "non-elite" QB too. In any given game, sure, the lesser QB can win. But, can they sweep a 3 or 4 game series? That's what they need to. Kaepernick played well. He needs to win 2 more though. If he can get through healthy and by running at that ability, it's possible. But he's still gotta do it twice more. Last nights game no longer means a thing.

We'll see.

This has always been the argument against a "non-elite" QB too. In any given game, sure, the lesser QB can win. But, can they sweep a 3 or 4 game series? That's what they need to. Kaepernick played well. He needs to win 2 more though. If he can get through healthy and by running at that ability, it's possible. But he's still gotta do it twice more. Last nights game no longer means a thing.

Well there's no question these young guys who can run are playing elite right now. The issue with them is sustainability. RGIII is seriously injured, how long before this guy and wilson get hurt, probably not too long.

I think GB had a horrible defensive game plan too, Capers should be shot

except on a night like tonight

guy is playing HORRIBLE at QB

You must be in a Blackout,that Packers game Kappernick played lights out Blackout!Thank God your not a scout cause you don't know talent.Try not to be in a Blackout during the NFC Championship game.

also SF has the best offensive line in the NFL right now and there's no clear #2. Iupati is an All-Pro sporting a mohawk. Joe Staley is a lock down pass protector who also has caught TD passes in the league. Anthony Davis former RD1 from Rutgers at RT. Alex Boone played tackle for Ohio State and (former Jet) Jonathan Goodwin inside. former first round Leonard Davis is their backup guard. It's a nasty situation.

Kaepernick has had a knack for avoiding sacks and I think you have to give him the credit for avoiding getting clocked back there. I don't see him just standing around with all day to throw it.

Citing their OL as some impervious pass-blocking wall is ludicrous. Alex Smith - who isn't a slowpoke himself - was the most-sacked QB in the NFL this season by a significant margin, getting dropped on 9.9% of his pass attempts.

btw... for all Consuela fans who talk about how he brought us to 2 Championship games, Kaepernick last night is what a QB bringing his team to a championship game actually looks like..

HTH

Did watch Peyton Manning show what a QB not bringing his team to a Championship game looks like?

Can we all agree that the Niners dismantling the Packers yesterday shows teams without 'elite' QBs can win the Super Bowl?

Huh? Kapernick had a record breaking performance. He was playing as elite as you could after the INT.

Why does that game prove this and not say, when Sanchez beat the Pats in a divisional game on the road? Dont see how the logic is different, he's still got another game to win and he's playing 1000x better than Sanchez ever has.

Huh? Kapernick had a record breaking performance. He was playing as elite as you could after the INT.

Why does that game prove this and not say, when Sanchez beat the Pats in a divisional game on the road? Dont see how the logic is different.

He was making fun of my thread from the beginning of the season.

Archived