Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont think they beat SF.

Hell, Baltimore is a lot tougher than this soft ass Texans team. Next week will be a lot like last years game.

Yea I don't know why everyone is already counting Baltimore out? No Gronk again, Ravens beat them already this year, and 51, of their 53 players almost beat them last year, but unfortunately the other 2 players on the roster thought they played for NE or somethig.

he's fast as hell like 4.4's. To have the speed to get the edge on NFL LB and CB is rare. Some people think we could be watching a spread-ification of the NFL with Kaep, Russell, RG3 all having playoff runs.

the problem is that strategy is usually unsustainable when one of those NFL LBs catches up to the QB. Running QB's are always exciting and never last. Long term it's more likely that Joey Flacco with a cannon on a platform throwing deep has a longer NFL career than the RG3 and Kaep types.

This is where my points have been confused, these offenses ARE NOT college read option, and Pistol offenses, these are pro style offenses that use the Read option, and Pistol formations because they have the personnel to run them, as I said before it takes an elite talent at QB for this to be successful, and IMO all 4 RGIII, Wilson, Kappy, and Newton have that elite talent. This is where coaching comes in building around these players. I am also of the opinion that all 4 have the arm to make every throw, and 3 of the 4 have the full package for WHEN their legs get slower whether it be injury, or just age. The one I'm not sold on is Newton because of his questionable mental make up. All 4 have sat in the pocket, and thrown every pass a NFL QB needs to be able to make. I was completely sold with what Kappy did to NE, Last year NE gave everyone the playbook on how to stop Tebow in this type of offense, but unlike Tebow these other 4 guys can actually throw the football which completely dismantled Beli's D strategy against this type of offense.

Again I'm not saying you can just plug in a read option QB from college run the offense through him, BUT when a QB has the full package like I think these 4 have your offense can be just as successful as the other elite QB's offenses are like Manning, Rodgers, and Brady. And on Brady, he runs the SAME concept on offense as these read option QB's run minus the read option, the Pats offense is built off the spread just like the read option, just it incorporates no QB running, and because of how good Brady is it suffers no setback from missing the mobile QB, they just pull the ball from the RB, but instead of the QB running Brady throws it to the open side on a screen, or quick hitter which had the same affect of a Kappy pulling it from the RB, and running himself. The NFL will move to this type of offense in a lot of places very soon, and IMO it will be the new style of football, it is almost impossible to stop when executed perfectly with elite QB's whether they are a running QB, or a Brady. Plenty of QB's will fail trying to copy this, a guy like Tebow doesn't have the arm, or accuracy to make NFL throws, a guy like Joe Webb doesn't seem to have the accuracy, or the brain to succeed in the NFL doing it, BUT IMO these 3, maybe 4 do, and more are on the way, they just need to be put in the right situations to succeed like these guys have.

Brady's going to win the Super Bowl this year and I'll have sad.

Can Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh really lose 4 AFC Championship Games in 5 years? That's brutal.

I think this is a serious revenge game for the Ravens, plus the Ray Ray factor, and the Ravens players genuinely despise the Patriots.

but instead of the QB running Brady throws it to the open side on a screen, or quick hitter which had the same affect of a Kappy pulling it from the RB, and running himself. The NFL will move to this type of offense in a lot of places very soon, and IMO it will be the new style of football,

you make alot of good points but i disagree that a throw to the open side is the same as Kaep running 40 yards on the ground. defenses can cover WR and make tackles. they practice for it and do it every week. but It's very tough for defenses to stop Colin reaching the edge or when they send all the WR deep in man coverage and the DBs have their back turned to a scrambling QB. eventually Colin will get hurt or slow down and lose that threat. It happened to Cunningham, vick and will hill happen to him too. Pro Football never goes to a running style because the QB's can't last.

you make alot of good points but i disagree that a throw to the open side is the same as Kaep running 40 yards on the ground. defenses can cover WR and make tackles. they practice for it and do it every week. but It's very tough for defenses to stop Colin reaching the edge or when they send all the WR deep in man coverage and the DBs have their back turned to a scrambling QB. eventually Colin will get hurt or slow down and lose that threat. It happened to Cunningham, vick and will hill happen to him too. Pro Football never goes to a running style because the QB's can't last.

So your saying getting Welker, or Hernandez the ball on a bubble screen after you faked, and got the D to bite on the fake to the other side of the field creating a mismatch of more blockers then defenders, doesn't have the same success as Kappy pulling it down on a DESIGNED read option play? I am pretty sure that play is one of their most succesful plays, and it is because Brady reads the defense, and decides whether it should be a run, or use the bubble screen at the line of scrimmage, the concept is the same, you might have not understood what I was saying there so I will leave it at that, that those specific type of plays is what I was reffering to when I said Brady runs the same offense without the running QB play built in. As far as these guys running with the defenders backs to him, those plays are only on traditional passing plays, NOT designed runs, this is where these 4 LIKE I SAID in my last post will have to be good enough to overcome WHEN their legs start to fail them, and like I said IMO I see 3, of the 4, possibly 4 having this ability to become pocket passers, all 4 look to throw first, they only run when the play either breaks down, OR they see a HUGE seem where it becomes the best available option on that play. Again this will come down to coaching, and such. When these players start to break down with their legs you have to start building the offensive talent, and scheme a little different, start incorporating more read bubble screens in place of read option plays like the Patriots do.

And as far as Colin goes, I don't see him getting hurt because of hard hits, he IMO has the knack, and smarts to get down, OOB, to avoid big hits, some players just have IT when it comes to these things, kinda like a RB who just seems to always avoid the hard contact. In this case outside of a non contact injury to his legs, it will be 10 years before this catches up to him, and I would take 10 years of that production, I would only have one question who do I make the blank check out to?

So to summarize, I am basicaly saying IMO I believe all 4 players can adapt to life without elite speed, if the team designs the offensive philosophy to help him utilize the rest of his talents in the best possible manner, IE surronding talent, and play design.

So to summarize, I am basicaly saying IMO I believe all 4 players can adapt to life without elite speed, if the team designs the offensive philosophy to help him utilize the rest of his talents in the best possible manner, IE surronding talent, and play design.

if the QB loses his elite speed than the fake loses it's power. There is a way the game _could_ change if they treated QB's like RB's and paid them far less. Such that you could lose your Pistol QB in the game and go to a #2 Pistol QB or #3 Pistol QB if you have to. Like using pinch runners in baseball. The way the salaries are structured you can't pay 20 million dollars to a guy who is one bad carry away from IR. You can't build your franchise around a running QB, it never lasts long enough to return that kind of investment.

by the way once upon a time John Elway and Steve Young were considered running QB's. They learned their craft and became pocket passers. Colin Kaep is a far better thrower than Vince Young but he's not better than Elway. Eventually they all stop running.

Can Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh really lose 4 AFC Championship Games in 5 years? That's brutal.

I think this is a serious revenge game for the Ravens, plus the Ray Ray factor, and the Ravens players genuinely despise the Patriots.

3 of 4? Didn't we lost 2 of the last 4?

Kaepernick has a strong arm, but man he throws line drives. I'm betting Samuel gets at least one.

Despise?

Or jealous of the Patriots success? Fine line.

IMHO I think the Ravens have an excellent chance to beat the Patriots. However, I do not buy into the motivation factor as much when you have two very good teams. Winning one for Ray is more 'motivation' than winning a 4th?

No.

The team that executes better will win.

Despise?

Or jealous of the Patriots success? Fine line.

IMHO I think the Ravens have an excellent chance to beat the Patriots. However, I do not buy into the motivation factor as much when you have two very good teams. Winning one for Ray is more 'motivation' than winning a 4th?

No.

The team that executes better will win.

Nah despise them and all their fraudulent success. Just like the entire rest of the league.

I really don't like Jim Harbaugh, but he was 100% right with his choice and was proven so yesterday. Down 17-0 with Alex Smith at QB, that game was OVER.

+ 1. Cant stand the bastard. Was hoping this would blow up in his face but CK is the real deal.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No running QB has ever won a title. Even if they make it through the regular season without dying, defenders won't give a shizz about killing them in a playoff game, and that's when your title run ends. Newton, RGIII, etc will only win the Super Bowl when they stop leaving the pocket.

How can you overlook Steve Young in a thread about the Niners?

What about Elway?

• 9 months later...

Archived