Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he is terrible. There was a short window where the run first type QB like Kap or RGIII was successful, but defenses have figured them out and as complete QBs they are terrible. Look at GB. First couple times they played Kapernick they had no idea how to defend him or stop him from running, but this weekend they completely shut him down. Plus I do not think he fits our offense

I agree with Jimmy Johnson. Bradshaw asked Jimmy Johnson how he would coach up Kapernick. His response:

"I would find a new QB"

I think the evidence supports your opinion, sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing. maybe we can trade geno to niners for kaep ;)

Worst case scenario kaep will be making $2-3 million for the next 10 years as a backup, even if he never improves. think about that. you can be terrible at your job and get paid that amount to watch someone better do his. it's crazy

Who kept wanting to trade for this POS?  Last 2 games 0 TDs, 5 INTs

Its pretty obvious by this point that Kap has been exposed, Greg Roman early on made Kap look so much better than he actually is.  I'd say it might be the same thing with Tyrod Taylor as well.  It works great for a while but typical NFL, when theres enough film you won't get away with it anymore.

San Fran's line is abysmal too. He got sacked 6 times yesterday. And their play-calling is worse. Carlos Hyde is being underutilized there.

Just talked with a good HS bud that went on a ride to Stanford and stayed out there - huge 9er's fan.

Says the line is worse than abysmal and till they get some holes plugged everybody will stack the box and Hyde is screwed.

CK cant complete a pass to get them cleared out of the box - want nothing to do with him.  

Who kept wanting to trade for this POS?  Last 2 games 0 TDs, 5 INTs

Its pretty obvious by this point that Kap has been exposed, Greg Roman early on made Kap look so much better than he actually is.  I'd say it might be the same thing with Tyrod Taylor as well.  It works great for a while but typical NFL, when theres enough film you won't get away with it anymore.

single read qb's do not last in the NFL 

Just talked with a good HS bud that went on a ride to Stanford and stayed out there - huge 9er's fan.

Says the line is worse than abysmal and till they get some holes plugged everybody will stack the box and Hyde is screwed.

CK cant complete a pass to get them cleared out of the box - want nothing to do with him.  

How did their oline get so bad so fast?  It was one of the best not more than a couple years ago.

• 1 month later...

Well, for all the posts about how Kapernick is no way the guy, and that's the direction I'm leaning too...one thing is for sure, he's better than what we've got, for what's that worth.

One thing you can say is he doesn't turn the ball over...56 TDS and 26INTs, for his career.  Meanwhile, Fitz is on pace to throw 18 INTS this year, something that almost took Kap 4 years to do...so while he might not be the franchise qb we are looking for, this move would be considered an obvious upgrade, but likely a Tannehill quality QB.

Will be interesting to see what happens after he's cut...

• 9 months later...
On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM, GATA said:

I disagree, like Kaepernick he has a good arm and I will root for him. Offensively the 49ers look better and it so happened its with this kid not with Smith

and now he's on the verge of being cut 

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Oh my God what a disaster it would have been if we had traded for this idiot

I was thinking the same thing.  I was hoping that we would have traded for him this offseason but now I am glad didnt.  The circus story would be back in full swing...

On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 0:52 PM, redman81 said:

The difference between RGIII and Cam and even Vick is that Griffin is smart enough to read defenses and make the right throw WITH accuracy which those other two lack.

Cam has the mvp award now while rg3 had to move teams 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

The double standard is right in front of our faces but most of us refuse to acknowledge it.

If it was Rogers or Brees sitiing down for blue lives matter would they have been heroes or villians?

Its uncomfortable, I know.

Sociology not politics right? ☺

Anyone sitting during the national anthem would be a dick. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

The double standard is right in front of our faces but most of us refuse to acknowledge it.

If it was Rogers or Brees sitiing down for blue lives matter would they have been heroes or villians?

They wouldn't of, they have more brains then that. 

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Kaep is about to be about that post-NFL life.  What team would touch him now after SF cuts him.  Nada.  Hope that last moment in the headlines was worth it to him.

I highly doubt that.  Look at the level of "quality" of NFL QBs.  You don't think Kaep has a place in this league?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I highly doubt that.  Look at the level of "quality" of NFL QBs.  You don't think Kaep has a place in this league?

It would take a team in considerable distress - like Minn is right now - to even consider wanting the bad PR that would go with picking him up.  Yes, even Michael Vick found a job after his stint in the slammer, but I could see him getting the Ray Rice treatment just as easily.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

That's ridiculous and couldn't be further from the truth.   Anyone would be ridiculed for not standing during the anthem.  

Many people take love for their country very seriously and the song and flag that represents that country.

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It would take a team in considerable distress - like Minn is right now - to even consider wanting the bad PR that would go with picking him up.  Yes, even Michael Vick found a job after his stint in the slammer, but I could see him getting the Ray Rice treatment just as easily.

RBs are almost interchangeable in today's NFL.  QB is the most important position on the field, by far.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This will blow over and there will be as much of a market for him as there would hare been otherwise.   Maybe he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt if it's between him and an equal talent, but as long as he's better people will want him.

Archived