Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

The double standard is right in front of our faces but most of us refuse to acknowledge it.

If it was Rogers or Brees sitiing down for blue lives matter would they have been heroes or villians?

Its uncomfortable, I know.

Sociology not politics right? ☺

pretty cool, turn a dick move by Kaep and try to lessen what he did by introducing a hypothetical into the mix.  

Kaep made his own problems, starting with he's not a good QB anymore.  

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can so many people die for something, lose family members , sustain life changing injuries and experience so may issues all for a concept and have no clue what that concept actually means ? Freedom doesn't guarantee you the right to choose what someone else can do, but guarantees you the right to do as you choose within the frame work of the established laws .

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

How can so many people die for something, lose family members , sustain life changing injuries and experience so may issues all for a concept and have no clue what that concept actually means ? Freedom doesn't guarantee you the right to choose what someone else can do, but guarantees you the right to do as you choose within the frame work of the established laws .

Bringing hateful politics into the work place will get you fired every time

On 8/31/2016 at 6:06 PM, Kleckineau said:

The double standard is right in front of our faces but most of us refuse to acknowledge it.

If it was Rogers or Brees sitiing down for blue lives matter would they have been heroes or villians?

Its uncomfortable, I know.

Sociology not politics right? ☺

If they were sitting down for the National anthem to protest cops getting targeted then they would be taken away for mental treatment. 

Don't try putting Keap in a class with Rodgers or Brees anyway.

If Manziel was sitting for the anthem he'd be tarred and feathered no matter what excuse he gave.

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Bringing hateful politics into the work place will get you fired every time

Freedom is not as free as some think .  He put his time, his talent and his treasure on the line for what he believes . If it cost him his Job, then so be it . While I might not have done that, for the reasons he did, I have the utmost respect for him .  He exercised the right so many have die for .  To blacklist him for doing so would be to say that all those who have died for the cause of Freedom, died for nothing .

I am not willing to say that .

That is all . 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Freedom is not as free as some think .  He put his time, his talent and his treasure on the line for what he believes . If it cost him his Job, then so be it . While I might not have done that, for the reasons he did, I have the utmost respect for him .  He exercised the right so many have die for .  To blacklist him for doing so would be to say that all those who have died for the cause of Freedom, died for nothing .

That is all . 

I think his method of protest is r*tarded

i have the utmost disrespect for him

i hope he is fired for being bad at his job  and clueless about those in the "real world "

freedom does have a cost , most of us are aware of ... And respectful of that.

you start your post out by saying freedom is not free (I agree)

but then you close your main paragraph saying the opposite (you want Kap to act out his freedom ... But not deal with the consequence of his action ... I completely disagree with you here)

Cant have it both ways bro ... Is freedom free? Or is there a price?

i am willing to say that

That s all.

23 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

That is all . 

Well, I as many here on JN served and Fought for this country so this jackass can exercise his right. That's fine. The problem is using the football field as his platform. If I was getting paid the money he was I would exercise my right elsewhere. Why is he not in the local communities standing up for what he believes, get out there in the trenches, like us Vets and fight for what you believe in.

I suffered life changing injuries so this douche can do as he pleases. In my book **** Kap. I guarantee you he was more privileged than I was growing up, he went straight to college I went straight to the military. I would love for him to walk in my shoes for just one day. He is far from ******* oppressed. He has know idea what oppression really is, that's the sad part. 

4 minutes ago, ljr said:

I think his method of protest is r*tarded

i have the utmost disrespect for him

i hope he is fired for being bad at his job  and clueless about those in the "real world "

freedom does have a cost , most of us are aware of ... And respectful of that.

you start your post out by saying freedom is not free (I agree)

but then you close your main paragraph saying the opposite (you want Kap to act out his freedom ... But not deal with the consequence of his action ... I completely disagree with you here)

Cant have it both ways bro ... Is freedom free? Or is there a price?

i am willing to say that

That s all.

Your disapproval or my approval is not a consequence of his action . It's a side effect . losing his Job would be a consequence . Being blacklisted  would be a consequence . He put his Job  and his money on the line for what he believe . He was nobody of importance before football made him a name . When that is gone, who will he be other than some guy who was misunderstood .

That my friend is the price he's willing to pay  for freedom ..

Earlier this yr we lost Mohammed Ali  . His story has been told a million times. Folks called him many things for what he did against the draft . When he died, he was remembered differently .

Keap has the right to do what he does as long as he doesn't break any of our country's laws.  That what people die to protect . You make the choice and you live with the consequences . No way in my post did I say you did not have the right to approve or disapprove , because that also is your right .

That is all .

Your disapproval or my approval is not a consequence of his action . It's a side effect . losing his Job would be a consequence . Being blacklisted  would be a consequence . He put his Job  and his money on the line for what he believe . He was nobody of importance before football made him a name . When that is gone, who will he be other than some guy who was misunderstood .

That my friend is the price he's willing to pay  for freedom ..

Earlier this yr we lost Mohammed Ali  . His story has been told a million times. Folks called him many things for what he did against the draft . When he died, he was remembered differently .

Keap has the right to do what he does as long as he doesn't break any of our country's laws.  That what people die to protect . You make the choice and you live with the consequences . No way in my post did I say you did not have the right to approve or disapprove , because that also is your right .

That is all .

Just like talking to the Geno's Myhero's 

That is all

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Well, I as many here on JN served and Fought for this country so this jackass can exercise his right. That's fine. The problem is using the football field as his platform. If I was getting paid the money he was I would exercise my right elsewhere. Why is he not in the local communities standing up for what he believes, get out there in the trenches, like us Vets and fight for what you believe in.

I suffered life changing injuries so this douche can do as he pleases. In my book **** Kap. I guarantee you he was more privileged than I was growing up, he went straight to college I went straight to the military. I would love for him to walk in my shoes for just one day. He is far from ******* oppressed. He has know idea what oppression really is, that's the sad part. 

Football gives him an excellent platform . He has created conversation that would otherwise not have been started without the forum that he has . Millions of folks talk about these issues daily, and yet this forum has stirred emotions worldwide .  You use what you have and yes, his life was probably much easier than most, yet he feels the need to take a stand. When you have everything, why would you risk it for a cause that probably won't effect you  ?  

Football gives him an excellent platform . He has created conversation that would otherwise not have been started without the forum that he has . Millions of folks talk about these issues daily, and yet this forum has stirred emotions worldwide .  You use what you have and yes, his life was probably much easier than most, yet he feels the need to take a stand. When you have everything, why would you risk it for a cause that probably won't effect you  ?  

R*t*rded , that's why.

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It is a great platform, but it's the most disrespectful place to display your issues. Thats the problem he brought  unwanted  attention to his employer and probably a good percentage of his fans. That's as arrogant as it gets. I respect  everybody's  views, beliefs, and opinions and  so I will leave it at that.

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Problem is some of these protests are based on lies like Hands up don't shoot.. It never happened..

a lot of veterans are supporting his right to peaceful protest. 

this nation was founded by folks who disagreed with the current government's treatment of them, they felt persecuted

when I hear kaep talk, instead of the media's narrative and facebook meme's of what I should be thinking about what he is saying, he makes solid points and is a smart guy

he is causing a civil national discussion about important issues

I initially thought he was out of bounds, but that's when I was being influenced by the media narrative

in a perfect world this doesn't bleed into our football sundays, it remains our escape, but if all he is doing is kneeling, I can live with that

55 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Problem is some of these protests are based on lies like Hands up don't shoot.. It never happened..

Exactly.  Also the flag represents all of us.  Not many disagree that all lives mater.  Or that every profession has its bad apples that need to be weeded out, they're not the majority.  So why shlt on all of us? 

And of course shooting cops for no reason or looting stores really isn't anything that's going to get your cause much support. 

Large part of the problem is that the media wrongly portrays the police as rampantly abusive (they arent) and that black americans are the only victims (they arent) of police misconduct.

Then you have those using this division for political purposes. You know, the ever present despicable element.

I think Kaep and most 20 - 30 year olds are idealistic and  believe in what they are doing with this cause. We may not feel the same but still need to respect that.

As a VietNam veteran I always remain aware how we should question authority.

16 hours ago, Tinstar said:

That is all . 

NFL Denies Cowboys' Request To Wear "Arm In Arm" Decal In Preseason

OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys won’t be allowed to wear their “Arm In Arm” helmet decal for their upcoming slate of preseason games.

The NFL denied the team’s request to wear the decal, which has adorned their helmets throughout training camp practices. The sticker was conceived as a display of unity with the city of Dallas and the Dallas Police Department, following the fatal shootings that rocked the community and the nation on July 7.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/08/11/nfl-denies-cowboys-request-wear-arm-arm-decal-preseason

You don't feel there is a double standard here Tin?

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys won’t be allowed to wear their “Arm In Arm” helmet decal for their upcoming slate of preseason games.

The NFL denied the team’s request to wear the decal, which has adorned their helmets throughout training camp practices. The sticker was conceived as a display of unity with the city of Dallas and the Dallas Police Department, following the fatal shootings that rocked the community and the nation on July 7.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/08/11/nfl-denies-cowboys-request-wear-arm-arm-decal-preseason

If anyone thinks that Keap is breaking any of our country's laws or Violating any of the NFL regulations, then they should take the appropriate action . Since nothing has been done yet, I would have to say that no laws or Regulations have been broken .  The NFL deem that the wearing of this decal was an alteration of the uniform and made a ruling against it , Where is the double standard .

On 9/5/2016 at 3:07 PM, DetroitRed said:

I disagree, but it's his right .

The people who don't like it need to unite and hit the NFL where is hurts the most. Their pockets 

its not even actually a needed right.

who's dumb enough to think you need a law to be able to just talk how you feel like talking.

the entire concept shows a lack of actual freedom.

really? you need a law to say what you want?

this is arguably a version of enforcing thought/s,thought  crime.

1 minute ago, Hackenberg said:

its not even actually a needed right.

who's dumb enough to think you need a law to be able to just talk how you feel like talking.

the entire concept shows a lack of actual freedom.

really? you need a law to say what you want?

this is arguably a version of enforcing thought/s,thought  crime.

Once you live in North Korea, you realize you need it 

6 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Once you live in North Korea, you realize you need it 

you arent getting it..thats my point. Its a created restriction/need.

its invented. People are choosing to comply with a created reality.

You say what you want by saying what you want.

we have had freedom of speech since before birth.

Allow me to exercise my First Amendment rights...

I think he is a lowlife, ignorant, scumbag POS for where he exercised his right to express his opinion on oppression.

Ali gave up three years of his career to make a point.  Don't see this POS giving up anything.

Comparing this scumbag to Ali is like comparing apples to mothballs.

SF can't lose enough.  They are on TV, I shut it off.

Except on December 11 when I pray our Jets kick the living sh*t out of them.

36 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If anyone thinks that Keap is breaking any of our country's laws or Violating any of the NFL regulations, then they should take the appropriate action . Since nothing has been done yet, I would have to say that no laws or Regulations have been broken .  The NFL deem that the wearing of this decal was an alteration of the uniform and made a ruling against it , Where is the double standard .

Other teams have been allowed memorial adjustments to the uni with out problems.  The Pats had some kind of memorial to Kraft's wife.  In the Boys case, they didn't want to get involved with a political statement.  Same standard should apply to Keap.  

Politics in the work place, like a message board is a very bad idea

This is way to close to politics, so I'll bow out.

9 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I think he is a lowlife, ignorant, scumbag POS for where he exercised his right to express his opinion on oppression.

Ali gave up three years of his career to make a point.  Don't see this POS giving up anything.

Except on December 11 when I pray our Jet's kick the living sh*t out of them.

1st amendment doesn't cover libel or slander

Gotta say, agree or disagree with his actions, this has generated some interesting dialogue across the country, and sometimes that's a good thing. I can say from firsthand experience that it has generated some great discussion on college campuses this fall about the blurred lines of what constitutes conscious protesting and I think that's awesome. The socks were below the belt though, that's for sure.

47 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Except on December 11 when I pray our Jets kick the living sh*t out of them.

Now imagine you made this opinion known and the backlash toward you was filled with vitriol, hate, and bigotry? Maybe even a death threat or two. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Now imagine you made this opinion known and the backlash toward you was filled with vitriol, hate, and bigotry? Maybe even a death threat or two. 

I'll imagine Kaep's head being in the bowl when I take a dump instead

No. The NFL has been steadfast in not allowing messages through uniform. DeAngelo Williams couldn't wear pink to honor his dead mother. If Kaep's protest involved his game day uniform you can bet he'd be fined.

Kaep is performing a civil protest on an agenda he believes in. He's standing up for a cause. In fact, the only people I see being uncivil about it are those speaking out against him, calling him the N word, retarded (right here in this thread), death threats..... While I do agree Kaep has a point, I don't agree with how he's going about it. But at least he's doing something. I chuckle at the whole "don't tread on me" crowd treading all over Kaep, and we all know why who are we fooling? Bottom line, this country was at its best when authority was being questioned and young people stood for change. There are many atrocities being committed across racial lines, poverty lines, etc. it's nice to see a young man worried more about actual issues than his friggin Instagram selfies. So maybe he's going about it wrong, but at least he's going about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived