Colin Kaepernick is NOT about that life

Blackout

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i prefer Alex Smith

ah i see you're comparing kaepernick to smith i am comparing him to sanchez. of course everyone compares favorably to mark! although i do really like kaepernick's game. i think he's going to be a good one but raw now for sure.

ah i see you're comparing kaepernick to smith i am comparing him to sanchez. of course everyone compares favorably to mark! although i do really like kaepernick's game. i think he's going to be a good one but raw now for sure.

well tbh i'd trade sanchez and a 2nd round pick for either Smith OR Kaep

but i'd much rather Smith...guy is a pure pocket QB and has a 30-10 TD/INT ratio the past 2 years (and 19-5 record)

he's perfect for a Rex Ryan team

well tbh i'd trade sanchez and a 2nd round pick for either Smith OR Kaep

but i'd much rather Smith...guy is a pure pocket QB and has a 30-10 TD/INT ratio the past 2 years (and 19-5 record)

he's perfect for a Rex Ryan team

well smith will be available and kaep will not. i'd be thrilled with smith next year but have a dark feeling we'll be stuck with vick

well smith will be available and kaep will not. i'd be thrilled with smith next year but have a dark feeling we'll be stuck with vick

if we get Vick aka the human fumble machine i won't stop being a JETs fan but I won't be rushing to my TV to watch a Jets game because we'd be destined for another 6-10 to 8-8 season

if we get Vick aka the human fumble machine i won't stop being a JETs fan but I won't be rushing to my TV to watch a Jets game because we'd be destined for another 6-10 to 8-8 season

i hear ya. well if you want smith you should root for kaep to blow it up in the playoffs to make it easy for harbaugh to move on

Alex Smith will get a payday somewhere. It financially will not be able to be the Jets. We're stuck with Sanchez, McElroy and probably a rookie that no one will know how to develop.

Smith looks like a game manager but throws the deep ball as well as anyone. Good combination.

i'm looking pretty smart since making this thread...Kaep was horrible today

I didn't even watch tonight but to sum up your brilliance, Tebow is the sh*t and would lead this team to a 12-4 record and Kaepernick who just played as hard a back to back December road trip as is possible, beating the Pats in NE is horrible. I guess carry on.

I didn't even watch tonight but to sum up your brilliance, Tebow is the sh*t and would lead this team to a 12-4 record and Kaepernick who just played as hard a back to back December road trip as is possible, beating the Pats in NE is horrible. I guess carry on.

LOL

man you ride my jock like jenna jameson

anyways Kaep was GARBAGE today unless you like throwing TD passes while behind 36 points

Smith looks like a game manager but throws the deep ball as well as anyone. Good combination.

Yeah. He looked real great at throwing the deep ball before Harbaugh came around. Please, dude is as average as they come and not worth the money he'll want.

Everyone except Blackout apparently thinks he is better than Kap and he just simply is not.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, and also think guys like Newton, Wilson, Kapernick, and RGIII are going to be the new wave of sought after QB's, there are only a handful of truely elite traditional QB's, but guys like these 4 can offset that with the D not being able to read, and react as quick because of the multiple ways they can beat you, and they also don't have to worry about reading the entire defense correctly, because their unique skill takes the D out of their positioning, and this could greatly increase the number of QB's considered elite in the NFL.

The hard part thou for the NFL is determining which QB's have the rare multi skill set of a Newton, Wilson, RGIII, and Cappy, and the one's who are lacking certain traits to run these type of offenses effectively like T Tebow, J Webb, and the jury is probably still out on T Pryor, but I gotta assume he is not properly equipped at least as of yet. Bill Belicheck proved this point IMO last year in the playoff game against Tebow, he was not scared of him being able to fire a ball into a WR, so he just lined up his players in a specific zone that always kept Tebow in front of his defensive players, and also knowing any throw he made would take to long, and his players would have a really good chance at breaking it up, or intercepting it, where as last night Kappy's arm strength did/can negate that type of defensive scheme, just like the other 3 guys I named here can.

You also need to find an offensive HC/O-Coordinator who knows how to design these type of offenses around these types of QB's, and know how to call the game properly using these type of QB's, this is just as important as finding the player who has all the skill sets for these type of systems.

Also 1 more thing, this is fairly new to the NFL, and the jury is still out on whether the physical toll that this type of QB will endure will be able to sustain multiple NFL seasons, and this would have to be factored into the decision by front offices if they decide to go this route, is it worth giving the franchise the reigns, and big $$$$$$ to this type of QB if he can't stay on the field for a full season, or his effectiveness is only going to be short lived because the physical abuse is to much for someone at that position to sustain a long succesful NFL career.

This is the exact reason why running offenses that utilize these types of QB's this will not be a long term trend in the NFL.

The physical toll of the NFL will destroy these QB's to the point where QB careers will be cut in half, and it just won't be a viable strategy for teams to take long term, and if you want to be a stable franchise, you need long term stability at that position.

The RGIII's, Kapernicks, and Newtons play a style that will only be a fad and will pass as more injuries like the one to RG III occur.

And they will occur.

While this statement is true today, it might not be true in 5 years, this is the first time NFL coaches have specifically designed their offenses to these QB's, and I think that might change the future success that these type of QB's have yet to have.

you just said in one post that running QB,s are a high risk and why would they be signed to a long term contract if they are such a risk.Now you say they are the wave of the future.Which is it?

This is the exact reason why running offenses that utilize these types of QB's this will not be a long term trend in the NFL.

The physical toll of the NFL will destroy these QB's to the point where QB careers will be cut in half, and it just won't be a viable strategy for teams to take long term, and if you want to be a stable franchise, you need long term stability at that position.

The RGIII's, Kapernicks, and Newtons play a style that will only be a fad and will pass as more injuries like the one to RG III occur.

And they will occur.

I buy the concussions and bruised ribs but the ACL could happen to anyone, Tom Brady, hello.

Archived