Possible Jets 2013 targets of FreeAgent or trade QBs

SouthernJet

For those who keep up with it more than me.

Please start mentioning QBs we could either 1) get via Free Agency or 2) trade for.

Trade targets aka, Flynn in Seattle if Wilson's the guy. Cousins in Washington etc etc.(apologize if this is a repeat thread)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there is all that much out there unless you look at the draft.

Flynn had one great game and then proceeded to get beat out by a rookie.

The Skins are not doing anything with Cousins and if they do they will ask for a King's Ransom.

The Jets are probably either

1) Sticking with Sanchez for another year.

2) Go find a vet QB (Mike Vick ?, Alex Smith ?)

3) Find one in the draft.

Cousins is not going anywhere. Why would the Redskins trade a guy who is signed to a reasonable contract that is not near its end?

Ya, same reason why Flynn will be available. The cheaper Wilson won job over expensive backup (Flynn).

If Flynn won job, they wouldnt let Wilson and his cheap contract leave, aka Cousins.

whatever we think about the power of positive thinking, 6 hours before kickoff on MNF...

the basics of the contract situation means a serious challenge to Sanchez is unlikely

the time for this thread is 12 months from now.

LOL.

Take two and call me in the morning ;)

Xanax%201%20mg.jpg

Replacing Sanchez with another quarterback doesn't make the team better.

well, of course that could end up being correct. Depends on who they bring in. Actually bringing in someone CAPABLE of taking job might make Mark a better starter. From what beat writers are saying it was obvious on Day One in camp the way Tebow was throwing that Mark was never in danger of losing job. It was that bad.

whatever we think about the power of positive thinking, 6 hours before kickoff on MNF...

the basics of the contract situation means a serious challenge to Sanchez is unlikely

I was talking to someone this AM about how I feel like Sanchez is going to go on a tear tonight. I just have a feeling Mark is going to help Tannys cause the next 3 games. Lets hope so anyways :)

well, of course that could end up being correct. Depends on who they bring in. Actually bringing in someone CAPABLE of taking job might make Mark a better starter. From what beat writers are saying it was obvious on Day One in camp the way Tebow was throwing that Mark was never in danger of losing job. It was that bad.

It's a joke. Bitonti has an insane line of reasoning regarding bad players/coaches/front office types. He insisted for for like two years that cutting Vernon Gholston didn't make the Jets better, ignoring the fact that keeping a crappy player doesn't make the team any better either and actually hinders the process of finding players that aren't so crappy.

Moore or Campbell.

Thats the route I'd go. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we're stuck with Sanchez next season.

Campbell is pretty brutal.

My vote is entirely based on who the HC is next year. If Rex stays I say they sign Alex Smith. He is perfect for Rex in that he doesn't turn the ball over and won't lose games for Rex and his D.

If Rex gets canned and they blow up the roster I say you put McCarron, Moore/Henne, and Bray in an open competition and the best man wins.

At the beginning of the year I was really happy that Barwin would be available, but now I'm not so sure. I think someone is going to overpay him based on his rep and conventional numbers but he's been a really up-and-down guy and probably not deserving of some of the #'s I've seen getting floated around on his worth.

I don't think there are any QBs that the Jets are going to bring in from at the top of what's available. They're financially committed to both Sanchez and Tebow and I think they'll draft someone within the first 3 rounds. They'll convince themselves with the way that the season finished that the TOs can be reigned in and the Jets can rely solely on the defense and running games again.

As for who they'll target, I'd like to see the Jets go after a couple guys specifically. Hartline checks out as above average and will be affordable. Ditto for Martellius Bennet, particularly since I think they'll let Keller walk. If Landry's agent really thinks he can command as big a deal as he's hinting then I say let him walk and sign William Moore, he's better and actually worth that type of money. And if Vollmer or Levitre actually hit the market I think the Jets should jump all over one of them.

Campbell is pretty brutal.

My vote is entirely based on who the HC is next year. If Rex stays I say they sign Alex Smith. He is perfect for Rex in that he doesn't turn the ball over and won't lose games for Rex and his D.

If Rex gets canned and they blow up the roster I say you put McCarron, Sanchez, and Bray in an open competition and the best man wins.

Campbell can be a game manager...for sure. His issues in place of Cutler are Bears related IMO. Tice is a moron and their offensive line is the worst.

I'd be fine with an open competition between those rooks and Sanchez.

Moore or Campbell.

Thats the route I'd go. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we're stuck with Sanchez next season.

I think that depends largely on who's the GM.

If Tannenbaum is back, Sanchez will be the unquestioned starter, I'd suspect. There will be no competition brought in, just like the last 4 years.

If Tannenbaum is gone, the new GM has no allegiance to Sanchez, and perhaps more importantly, doesn't have to answer for that moronic contract extension. The team can openly say that it wasn't their fault Sanchez is still here, and that he was beaten out in camp so we're going to go with "THE GUY WHO GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN"... Dun Dun Dun.

As far as draft, I do know that the Jets have scouted Mike Glennon from NC State THREE times. Some folks I know in area tell me he is being told he is high on Jets radar. Smart kid, just got his Masters last week.

Bit would know more than me on this I suspect. I think he will go anywhere late round 1 to early round 3. Combines will help or hurt.

http://espn.go.com/c...67/mike-glennon

Early years

Glennon attended Westfield High School in Fairfax County, Virginia. As senior, he completed 171 of 265 passes for 2,557 yards and 32touchdowns. He was the Virginia Gatorade Player of the Year and was a Parade All-American.[1]

Glennon was considered the third best quarterback recruit in the nation by Rivals.com in 2008,[2] rated just ahead of future No. 1 draft pick,Andrew Luck.

College career

In 2008, Glennon was redshirted. In 2009 and 2010, Glennon was the backup to Russell Wilson. During that time he completed 33 of 52 passes for 326 yards with a touchdown and twointerceptions. As a junior in 2011, he took over as the starter.[3] For the season he completed 262 of 420 passes for 2,790 yards with 28 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Personal

Glennon's brother, Sean Glennon, was a quarterback for the Virginia Tech Hokies from 2004 to 2008.[4][5]

As far as draft, I do know that the Jets have scouted Mike Glennon from NC State THREE times. Some folks I know in area tell me he is being told he is high on Jets radar. Smart kid, just got his Masters last week.

Bit would know more than me on this I suspect. I think he will go anywhere late round 1 to early round 3. Combines will help or hurt.

http://espn.go.com/c...67/mike-glennon

Early years

Glennon attended Westfield High School in Fairfax County, Virginia. As senior, he completed 171 of 265 passes for 2,557 yards and 32touchdowns. He was the Virginia Gatorade Player of the Year and was a Parade All-American.[1]

Glennon was considered the third best quarterback recruit in the nation by Rivals.com in 2008,[2] rated just ahead of future No. 1 draft pick,Andrew Luck.

College career

In 2008, Glennon was redshirted. In 2009 and 2010, Glennon was the backup to Russell Wilson. During that time he completed 33 of 52 passes for 326 yards with a touchdown and twointerceptions. As a junior in 2011, he took over as the starter.[3] For the season he completed 262 of 420 passes for 2,790 yards with 28 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Personal

Glennon's brother, Sean Glennon, was a quarterback for the Virginia Tech Hokies from 2004 to 2008.[4][5]

I dunno man, if he has a big bowl game and a solid senior bowl, he might end up being the first QB taken. Dont think the Jets will have a shot unless they want to trade up.

I dunno man, if he has a big bowl game and a solid senior bowl, he might end up being the first QB taken. Dont think the Jets will have a shot unless they want to trade up.

Ya like I said, Bit may know more. He is being told best case is mid to late 1st right now if Bowl/combine goes well.

Cousins is not going anywhere. Why would the Redskins trade a guy who is signed to a reasonable contract that is not near its end?

Because as long as RG III is there and healthy he won't play. They probably drafted him as an insurance policy they knew they could trade to a team needing a QB these few games RG III got hurt we're like a blessing to the skins if they play the cards right.

Positive thinking ? We are Jets fans, the never ending test subjects of negative thinking. If anyone can prove the power of the mind its us. They can make a ****ing Fringe episode on the Jets and their fans

Positive thinking ? We are Jets fans, the never ending test subjects of negative thinking. If anyone can prove the power of the mind its us. They can make a ****ing Fringe episode on the Jets and their fans

Mark Sanchez has pocketed a gazillion dollars in the four years that he's sucked ass. If the internet opinions of The Ilk hold more sway over him than that, then I hate him that much more.

Because as long as RG III is there and healthy he won't play. They probably drafted him as an insurance policy they knew they could trade to a team needing a QB these few games RG III got hurt we're like a blessing to the skins if they play the cards right.

If this season has proved anything, its that a solid back up is pretty valuable to the Redskins since RGIII's playing style can lead to injuries. I agree with Stonehands, Cousins isnt going any where.

Archived