Possible Jets 2013 targets of FreeAgent or trade QBs

SouthernJet

And the funny thing is I vote to take that route,

Last year must have been tough for the Colts fans, but I would bet they are very happy that it happened that way,

to be the Colts not only do you have to go winless but you need a once in a generation QB prospect to be available in that draft. Fire Sparano, yup. Fire Tanny, ok. Fire Rex that's a step back cause the defense gets (much) worse. Cutting everyone who can play, the team stinks and there's no obvious route to go from 0-16 to Super Bowl. It takes a tremendous amount of good fortune.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be the Colts not only do you have to go winless but you need a once in a generation QB prospect to be available in that draft. Fire Sparano, yup. Fire Tanny, ok. Fire Rex that's a step back cause the defense gets (much) worse. Cutting everyone who can play, the team stinks and there's no obvious route to go from 0-16 to Super Bowl. It takes a tremendous amount of good fortune.

I know you are very up to date with draft prospects, and spend a lot of time researching that kind of stuff, just say the Jets do go that route, and do go say 1-15ish and get the 1st pick in the draft for 2014, my question to you is do you think Johnny Manziel will be looked at like a Luck, or RGIII, can't miss QB, I mean if you build the offense around him like wash, Seattle, and SF have with those type of QB's it should work IF he is looked at in that light, it sounds like it to me. Also what about Teddy Bridgewater? And if neither of these 2 are the franchise type of QB's, or they draft one this year that actually turns out pretty ****ing good (I doubt it) there is a can't miss consolation prize in J Clowney no?

I know you are very up to date with draft prospects, and spend a lot of time researching that kind of stuff, just say the Jets do go that route, and do go say 1-15ish and get the 1st pick in the draft for 2014, my question to you is do you think Johnny Manziel will be looked at like a Luck, or RGIII, can't miss QB, I mean if you build the offense around him like wash, Seattle, and SF have with those type of QB's it should work IF he is looked at in that light, it sounds like it to me. Also what about Teddy Bridgewater? And if neither of these 2 are the franchise type of QB's, or they draft one this year that actually turns out pretty ****ing good (I doubt it) there is a can't miss consolation prize in J Clowney no?

IF the goal is to get the number one pick in the 2014 draft, than the plan should be to start Mark right? Why start a different QB who might take care of the ball? If Mark plays 16 games like he did on MNF, they should have that pick sewn up.

As for that draft I love Teddy, I enjoy rooting for Johnny Football (but he will be a RS soph doesn't have to declare). also johnny is 6'1" maybe. Neither one of those guys are in the Luck category of prospect. Teddy will probably be that year's best QB.

IF the goal is to get the number one pick in the 2014 draft, than the plan should be to start Mark right? Why start a different QB who might take care of the ball? If Mark plays 16 games like he did on MNF, they should have that pick sewn up.

As for that draft I love Teddy, I enjoy rooting for Johnny Football (but he will be a RS soph doesn't have to declare). also johnny is 6'1" maybe. Neither one of those guys are in the Luck category of prospect. Teddy will probably be that year's best QB.

Well the whole point is to clear the roster of all players not in the new regime's plans.

The 6'1" thing is not applicable, R Wilson is 6', RGIII is just 1" taller, and they have the same build.

Well the whole point is to clear the roster of all players not in the new regime's plans.

The 6'1" thing is not applicable, R Wilson is 6', RGIII is just 1" taller, and they have the same build.

why wouldn't Brick or Revis be in the new regimes plans? this new staff doesn't need Pro Bowlers?

As for Johnny Football i'm just saying what the scouts will say. I would be psyched up if the JEts drafted Johnny Football in 2014. How do you root against Johnny football?

why wouldn't Brick or Revis be in the new regimes plans? this new staff doesn't need Pro Bowlers?

As for Johnny Football i'm just saying what the scouts will say. I would be psyched up if the JEts drafted Johnny Football in 2014. How do you root against Johnny football?

I never said to get rid of Brick, or Revis! Only player I said that is considered part of the core by some was Harris, and only if your new regime is switching to a 4-3 look, he doesn't fit well IMO at MLB in a 4-3.

The way I see them going 1-15 is by not being able to fill out the rest of the roster because of all the dead cap money, they would have a LB core with G McNtyre, D Davis, and probably 2 drafted rookies if Harris is cut. A developing WR core of a still Raw S HIll, a slot WR J Kerley, and probably a mid round draft pick. Besides Mangold, and Brick a whole new OL, possibly one of them being a 1st rounder thou which hopefully would turn out good, B Powell at RB, a TE that has yet to be signed of the street very cheap, and either a rookie mid round QB, or G McElroy. Yes the defense would still have a lot of talent on it, but the offense would only have 2 players that are considered good, and both are OLmen, the defense could keep us in games, and possibly win a few, but that team stripped bare of all depth, and no offensive playmakers with the exception of the possibility of a rookie draft pick we don't even know yet becoming one, but that still wouldn't be enough to win more that 2-4 games IMO, and if Rex is gone even with the good D players there will be some bumps along the way learning a new system.

If the Jets did somehow get the 1st pick of the 2014 draft, and Manziel continues to succeed, and impress, and same goes for Clowney that is one hell of a pickle to put in as a organization. Clowney COULD be that LT type of defensive player once every 25 years, or so difference maker, I mean he is a Sophmore 6-6 260, plays in the SEC, and has been unblockable by NFL talented OLmen, and most double teams can't block the kid, and he has all that with world class speed! Very interesting that draft will be if both declare early, I just hope if they do the Jets can some how have the 1st, or 2nd pick, TBH the 2nd pick might be better you can't make a mistake you have the decision made for you lol.

Archived