Why Rex should be fired

Joe Jets fan

there's enough to get on him about without making stuff up. the D should be commended for how hard they played tonight.

The Def isn't the team. They are 1/3 of the whole. You seem to have the same awareness issues as the head defensive coordinator.

Really what has Rex done different ... This is the formula that he has been following from the beginning . Hold the other team close with defense and limit your offensive turnover and win 17 - 14 .. Problem is a turnover machine at quarterback.. The players have lost confidence in Sanchez, and Rex has done nothing to correct it

Bench Sanchez, start McElroy and see how the season ends. Fire tanenbum, soprano, and never let Sanchez play another down as a jet quarterback.

Have to disagree about firing the coaching staff - they stay, however, McElroy is your starting QB next year. Draft a QB in the draft who is your 2nd or 3rd stringer. Sanchez is either your back up or traded for peanuts. Draft LBs with speed keep Landry and Cromartie( who is MVP of this team)

Have to disagree about firing the coaching staff - they stay, however, McElroy is your starting QB next year. Draft a QB in the draft who is your 2nd or 3rd stringer. Sanchez is either your back up or traded for peanuts. Draft LBs with speed keep Landry and Cromartie( who is MVP of this team)

Please no

Sanchez costs us $8.25 million next season even if we trade him. So he stays as our backup.

Keep

Kerley.

Landry.

Cromartie.

Revis.

Coples.

Wilkerson.

Ellis.

Mangold.

Brick.

And sell everyone else.

I was thinking a little while ago, now what would say a Bill Belichick do? Let's focus on offense. (we'll leave out the OL in this discussion) Who would he keep on this team if he were the Jets HC in 2013?

I could see him keeping McElroy, Bilal Powell, Jeff Cumberland, Jeremy Kerley and maybe Braylon Edwards-everyone else would NOT be on a Beli-led team

Sanchez and Tebow would be gone as would Dustin Keller, and all of the receivers including that bust that they drafted who can't catch a football. Both Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight wouldn't make the team either

I was thinking a little while ago, now what would say a Bill Belichick do? Let's focus on offense. (we'll leave out the OL in this discussion) Who would he keep on this team if he were the Jets HC in 2013?

I could see him keeping McElroy, Bilal Powell, Jeff Cumberland, Jeremy Kerley and maybe Braylon Edwards-everyone else would NOT be on a Beli-led team

Sanchez and Tebow would be gone as would Dustin Keller, and all of the receivers including that bust that they drafted who can't catch a football. Both Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight wouldn't make the team either

I am fine with McElroy sticking around... Cumberland and Powell too, but definitely not as first options. Kerley and Edwards, I love them. Keep'em!

Greene is another guy who doesn't have "burst". A 2, yes. But not staying around a championship team as the first option. So if he stays, Powell has to go imo. McKnight? Meh. Couldn't care one way or the other. Supposedly a speed demon, but I don't believe it. When do we ever see him explode and just dust everyone? He isn't "all that" like we're led to believe. He is a product of decent blocking on a what was a decent special teams group.

continue to suck until Tom Brady descended from the heavens

Great coaches often hitch their wagons to great QBs. It is a very smart approach to winning.

What you fail to give Belicheck credit for is:

-recognizing talent in Brady to draft him

-not hesitating to put in brady when the starter was healthy.

- having coaches and staff that developed Brady and understood what his strengths were and building an offense around that.

The current Jets regime shows none of those abilities

Archived