Is there anyone on this forum that still supports Mark?

pointman

I still think that he "could" have been a good quarterback for the Jets and Rex Ryan in the ground and pound system. It worked for 2 years and when they decided to change up the offense and have Sanchez pass more, they took his receivers away. Steve Young said it perfectly "He looks broken". Well the Jets broke him. He was progressing and instead of building the team around him and playing to the his strengths and helping his weaknesses, it was like they abandoned him.

With that said, yes I think that it is time to give up on him. But here's the problem, who do you get to replace him? Also, Sporano has to to go, the "Genius Offense Coordinator that when Sanchez gets into any rhythm, he calls in his little toy Tim Tebow".

I still think that he "could" have been a good quarterback for the Jets and Rex Ryan in the ground and pound system. It worked for 2 years and when they decided to change up the offense and have Sanchez pass more, they took his receivers away. Steve Young said it perfectly "He looks broken". Well the Jets broke him. He was progressing and instead of building the team around him and playing to the his strengths and helping his weaknesses, it was like they abandoned him.

With that said, yes I think that it is time to give up on him. But here's the problem, who do you get to replace him? Also, Sporano has to to go, the "Genius Offense Coordinator that when Sanchez gets into any rhythm, he calls in his little toy Tim Tebow".

The Jets did to Mark Sanchez what the Texans did to David Carr, just in different ways, ruined for life, but knowing how the Jets karma goes he will probably turn into Rich Gannon 5 years from now in some innovative offense that puts him into great situations, not to mention all pro talent everywhere lol

The Jets did to Mark Sanchez what the Texans did to David Carr, just in different ways, ruined for life, but knowing how the Jets karma goes he will probably turn into Rich Gannon 5 years from now in some innovative offense that puts him into great situations, not to mention all pro talent everywhere lol

I hope he does

This is the genius argument of all of them. It's one you cannot disprove. Unfortunately, it is also one you cannot prove.

Saying something was broken indicates that it once was fully operational, functioning. He's never been either of those things. He started his career by throwing five interceptions against Buffalo in his rookie season, stayed sh*tty for year two and three and now is an absolute mess. He is a never was, not a has been.

I wanted to see how he responded following the Eagles, Giants and Dolphins debacles at the end of last season.

Some QB's respond and bounce back, some don't.

Sanchez did not. The Jets did not help him in any way but basically from the Seattle game on he has been useless and I have no idea why the Jets did not stick with McElroy after the Arizona game.

You'll remember him. You'll remember him forever. You still remember Bubby Brister and his ****ing shovel pass, but you don't remember Frank Reich, do you?

I was in the Finger Lakes working on my doctorates on a cold snowy day and Kelly went down he went in and the rest is history. Oilers dispatched.

Archived