Why No Tebow at the End?

yuvabuv

It's like they're scared to ever pull Sanchez when he's not doing well to put tebow in. It always has to be when he's on a streak and disrupts his rhythm. If they were to EVER use tebow, and i don't like that thought, but why not use him at the end and catch "lightning in a bottle?" And why not keep running?!?!?! that was working...Sanchez singlehandedly uprooted this teams efforts tonight.

Not only isn't Tebow very good, but his skillset does not lend itself to coming from behind. He can't throw it on every down and you have to in that circumstance because even one running play would kill the clock.

how do you explain all his come from behind wins last year? magic pixie dust?

When did he score a TD with little time left? All those OT games were done on FGs. With 45 seconds and down 4 there is no threat of running and Tebow's skillset is out the window. I think the Jets game was the only one where they scored a TD and they took over with a good amount of time on the clock. You can make the case that he should have gone in during the drive with 2+ minutes left, but the fumble drive it would have been senseless.

Tebow does fine when the offense is more like what the Reds and the 49ers and others are using now.. He will always looks stupid trying to run

the putrid offense that Mark is limited to.

When did he score a TD with little time left? All those OT games were done on FGs. With 45 seconds and down 4 there is no threat of running and Tebow's skillset is out the window. I think the Jets game was the only one where they scored a TD and they took over with a good amount of time on the clock. You can make the case that he should have gone in during the drive with 2+ minutes left, but the fumble drive it would have been senseless.

Miami: 5yd TD pass to Thomas with 2:44 remaining

3yd TD pass to Fells with 0:17 remaining

Kansas City: 56Yd TD pass to Decker with 6:44 remaining

Jets: 20yd TD run with 0:58 remaining

Bears: 10yd TD pass to Thomas with 2:10 remaining

Pitt: 80yd TD pass to Thomas in OT to win

Yup... You sure know what you're talking about.....

1st and 10 at NYJ 20 (Shotgun) J.McKnight right end pushed ob at NYJ 31 for 11 yards (M.Griffin).

1st and 10 at NYJ 31 (Shotgun) T.Tebow right end pushed ob at NYJ 43 for 12 yards (M.Griffin).

1st and 10 at NYJ 43 (Shotgun) T.Tebow up the middle to NYJ 44 for 1 yard (Z.Brown).

2nd and 9 at NYJ 44 (Shotgun) T.Tebow sacked at NYJ 42 for -2 yards (Z.Brown).

3rd and 11 at NYJ 42 (Shotgun) PENALTY on NYJ-T.Tebow, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 42 - No Play.

3rd and 16 at NYJ 37 (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass incomplete deep right to J.Kerley.

4th and 16 at NYJ 37 (Punt formation) R.Malone punts 46 yards to TEN 17, Center-T.Purdum, downed by NYJ-L.Landry.

1st and 10 at NYJ 20 (Shotgun) J.McKnight right end pushed ob at NYJ 31 for 11 yards (M.Griffin).

1st and 10 at NYJ 31 (Shotgun) T.Tebow right end pushed ob at NYJ 43 for 12 yards (M.Griffin).

1st and 10 at NYJ 43 (Shotgun) T.Tebow up the middle to NYJ 44 for 1 yard (Z.Brown).

2nd and 9 at NYJ 44 (Shotgun) T.Tebow sacked at NYJ 42 for -2 yards (Z.Brown).

3rd and 11 at NYJ 42 (Shotgun) PENALTY on NYJ-T.Tebow, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 42 - No Play.

3rd and 16 at NYJ 37 (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass incomplete deep right to J.Kerley.

4th and 16 at NYJ 37 (Punt formation) R.Malone punts 46 yards to TEN 17, Center-T.Purdum, downed by NYJ-L.Landry.

Your point? So Tim got 3 first downs then the drive stalled.... His One effort ended in a punt.... You'd still take Mark I give the ball to the other team Sanchez?

Your point? S Tim got 3 first downs then the drive stalled.... His One effort ended in a punt.... You'd still take Mark I give the ball to the other team Sanchez?

Tim got 1 first down. And his dropbacks looked like something out of the school yard.

And yes, I'd take Mark Sanchez any day over Tim Tebow.

How much there contradicts my point? Just the Miami game. The Jets game too, but that was a long drive all on the ground. You want Tebow at the helm when you have to pass?

How much there contradicts my point? Just the Miami game. The Jets game too, but that was a long drive all on the ground. You want Tebow at the helm when you have to pass?

he had an 80 yard TD pass to win a playoff game over Big Ben who never loses in the playoffs

he had an 80 yard TD pass to win a playoff game over Big Ben who never loses in the playoffs

WIth an unlimited amount of time. I'm not trying to denigrate the guy, but if you think his skillset is suited to times when you HAVE TO THROW, you and I couldn't be in more disagreement. About the only saving grace for him in those situations is that he can extend plays with his legs.

*sometimes you HAVE to throw, sometimes you AHVE to!

and how many wins?

Doesn't matter. Just showing you that Ben loses in the post season. What Tebow did against Pittsburgh was nothing great. It is like telling us how good Sanchez could be cause he beat Rivers, Brady, and Manning in the post season.

It means nothing.

Tebow couldn't even audible out of an obvious blitz last night and had to take a delay of game penalty.

He is not a starting QB. He needs to go somewhere, where the QB is already established and let the coach define a role for him. If he goes to a New England, Atlanta, Houston or such where the QB is already established he would probably be very good in a Brad Smith type of role.

As a starter though in this league ? Not anytime soon unless he goes to Jax

Archived