My Thoughts Before I sign off till Draft Day

Jet27

Watching last nights game I realized that what I was seeing was affirmation of how low my beloved Jets have fallen.

A few years removed from back to back AFCCGs...we have this.

There are a few bright spots on this team. The defense is good, not great and should be improved with speed.

Revis needs to come back strong next year. If if holds out, then I would trade him immediately.

Sad to say that Sanchez is done. I know many had said this. I was hoping there would be something there. Something that would show us that he could "lead". And yes I was wrong.

We need a QB that we can build an offense. Maybe McElroy should be given a real shot next year.

We need help in the WR and RB positions. Edwards should be retained.

Here is where it gets ugly.

Whos fault is this?

I am sticking to what I said after Mangini got the axe....Rex is a mistake. A good DC but thats it. He cannot be the face of our Team. Sparano is a nightmare.

If Tanny wants to save his ass...the smart thing is to get Norv Turner in here fast as a OC. Bring in some talent on the offensive side of the ball. I believe with Norv in here is a really good move.

Tanny the question is on you....What to do with Rex?

Merry Christmas people and Happy New Year.

The question is NOT on "Tanny" it's all on Woody Johnson because relieving Mike Tannenbaum of his position as GM is the first order of business. The real question is this: Does Woody Johnson have the balls to do what everyone who follows the game of professional football knows what must be done. Fire the General Manager and get a new man in there who will then make his assessments as to (first) whether Rex Ryan deserves another chance, another year, (secondly) the assistant coaches, Sparano, Pettine, and the rest of the clown show-will they all be relieved of their duties-they should ALL be gone along WITH the HC, DC. and OC and (thirdly) what to do with the nightmare that has become Mark Sanchez. So yea 27, it's ALL on Robert Wood Johnson and that scares this lifer

Sparano is done .. at least no other teams will be tormented with his precense..hopefully. On second thought, Tanny probably gave him a three year contract.

yea but he really got that team hustling in and out of the huddle last summer-he was tiring out the defense-he really brought some positive change to the team...he'll be back with the rest of them JS and you know it, I know it, and every single Jets fan knows it-we've seen this movie way too many times to think otherwise

The question is NOT on "Tanny" it's all on Woody Johnson because relieving Mike Tannenbaum of his position as GM is the first order of business. The real question is this: Does Woody Johnson have the balls to do what everyone who follows the game of professional football knows what must be done. Fire the General Manager and get a new man in there who will then make his assessments as to (first) whether Rex Ryan deserves another chance, another year, (secondly) the assistant coaches, Sparano, Pettine, and the rest of the clown show-will they all be relieved of their duties-they should ALL be gone along WITH the HC, DC. and OC and (thirdly) what to do with the nightmare that has become Mark Sanchez. So yea 27, it's ALL on Robert Wood Johnson and that scares this lifer

It scares me as well, but the reality is our team is not that bad. The problem is there is no leadership, no control on this team that starts with Rex. And the QB, but they mishandled the QB position, thereby destroying an already borderline wimp Sanchez.

But if Woody goes to Tanny and says "what do we do"...Tanny has got to pull the trigger on at least Sparano. And if thats the case and we bring in a guy like Norv Turner then at least we have a professional football guy that knows offense on a very high level.

But that move does not do anything for the lack of leadership on this team i.e. Rex. Rex is not a leader period. He talks way to much and he has gotten beat down....The league has beaten him down. So the question is this...can Rex learn to become a true HC and by defacto a true leader?

If someone with half a brain in the FO can't see that, then Rex is gone. I would almost agree to just bringing in Norv to run the offense and see what McElroy can bring to the table as a starter. Bring in another RB some more talent at WR to compliment Holmes, Edwards and Hill and bring in another big powerful TE (draft). McElroy will learn the system fast and that is key for us.

This is not mission impossible, but what needs to get done is for the good of the Jets, not someones feelings. And from what I saw last night, Sanchez is no longer a Jet starting QB, Sparano is clueless and Rex...man oh man does he need to take a good long look in the mirror and do what is right for the team.

Last post till Draft? Quitter. Real fans deal with the misery.

Not a quitter at all, figured I would take sometime off now from this. These last two years brought back all the negative vibes that have been around our Jets way too long.....

If Tanny wants to save his ass...the smart thing is to get Norv Turner in here fast as a OC. Bring in some talent on the offensive side of the ball. I believe with Norv in here is a really good move.

Tanny the question is on you....What to do with Rex?

If Tanny saves his own cockroach ass once again, I'm going to outflank T0mShane on the negativity front next year.

F*ck Norv Turner. I could've coached Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin to a Super Bowl (I know this because Barry Switzer did). That pock-faced idiot hasn't done anything since. Besides, assistant coach hires should be the head coach's domain.

The question to Tennenbaum should be... What do you plan to do with all your newfound time off?

Archived