Rex should stay

whodeawhodat

Rex coaches with passion!!!!! Rex has our defense keeping us in games without an offense which is 10x harder to do than if you actually had an offense that could:

1) create momentum for your team

2) keep the ball for a few minutes

3) not put your defense in terrible positions every time they hit the field

4) not completely demoralize a team and make you want to quit

It is not entirely his fault that we do not score points. True, he is the HC and ultimately it does fall on his shoulders BUT he does not QB this team. he doesnt even call teh offensive plays. Holy sh*t, I would take Steve Young out of the booth and put him on our sidelines and he would have more passion than ANYONE on our offensive side of the ball. Only this sh*t show on offense could make me think, hrmmmmm, maybe Santonio isnt totally to blame, at least he even cares! Sure, he expresses it in a terrible way, but wtf, at least he isnt teary eyed on the bench, looking like he misses his momma... the rest of the jags on the offensive side of the ball are sleepwalking through games. That has to do with Rex as well. He is the one that should have shaken this team up and made a big move. I am just not entirely convinced that he had the authority to do it. Mark is guaranteed a lot of $ this year and next. I am not sure if it was within his power to not start him.

IMO, this next season could be fixed very easily. Scrap our entire offense, except for the oline. The oline gives us an above average building block to start from. We pass protect and run block above average. I think it rates as high as good(better than above average) and it is just being dragged down by sh*tty QB, sh*tty RB, sh*tty WR and also sh*tty OC...I see so many threads that are calling for Rex's head but he has this team as high as it can go with the above named sh*tty players/coach. That is a total ship sinker, yet, he keeps his defense throwing punches.

What would you have Rex do? Call the Offensive plays? Start another QB? Find new WRs, RBs, QB? Come on! dont throw the baby out with the bath water. We have a coach that will do anything to win us a championship. he needs an offense, any offense really. He did not get an offense this year. next year will hopefully be different. It falls entirely on the offense imo and that is not something that should get Rex fired after his 4th year of HC experience...

Sorry but I disagree.

That defense was given the lead last night and proceeded to give right back on the very next series.

The fact that the best QB on the team right now did not even dress last night to me is just cause to send him packing.

Rex, along with Tannenbaum, Shotty and Sparano took their "Franchise QB" and turned him into David Carr, Akili Smith, Tim Couch.

Rex coaches with passion!!!!! Rex has our defense keeping us in games without an offense which is 10x harder to do than if you actually had an offense that could:

1) create momentum for your team

2) keep the ball for a few minutes

3) not put your defense in terrible positions every time they hit the field

4) not completely demoralize a team and make you want to quit

It is not entirely his fault that we do not score points. True, he is the HC and ultimately it does fall on his shoulders BUT he does not QB this team. he doesnt even call teh offensive plays. Holy sh*t, I would take Steve Young out of the booth and put him on our sidelines and he would have more passion than ANYONE on our offensive side of the ball. Only this sh*t show on offense could make me think, hrmmmmm, maybe Santonio isnt totally to blame, at least he even cares! Sure, he expresses it in a terrible way, but wtf, at least he isnt teary eyed on the bench, looking like he misses his momma... the rest of the jags on the offensive side of the ball are sleepwalking through games. That has to do with Rex as well. He is the one that should have shaken this team up and made a big move. I am just not entirely convinced that he had the authority to do it. Mark is guaranteed a lot of $ this year and next. I am not sure if it was within his power to not start him.

IMO, this next season could be fixed very easily. Scrap our entire offense, except for the oline. The oline gives us an above average building block to start from. We pass protect and run block above average. I think it rates as high as good(better than above average) and it is just being dragged down by sh*tty QB, sh*tty RB, sh*tty WR and also sh*tty OC...I see so many threads that are calling for Rex's head but he has this team as high as it can go with the above named sh*tty players/coach. That is a total ship sinker, yet, he keeps his defense throwing punches.

What would you have Rex do? Call the Offensive plays? Start another QB? Find new WRs, RBs, QB? Come on! dont throw the baby out with the bath water. We have a coach that will do anything to win us a championship. he needs an offense, any offense really. He did not get an offense this year. next year will hopefully be different. It falls entirely on the offense imo and that is not something that should get Rex fired after his 4th year of HC experience...

Rex is going to be fired for a lot more than an inept offense.

That Ryan yet again failed to dress his best QB over a 6th (or even his 5th ) WR is a firing offense. He barely throws the ball. You don't need mroe than 4 wideouts on a good day. There is no accountability for Pick 6, and that totally corrodes any idea Ryan can ever fully understand offense.

If Rex starts Sanchez this weekend then it's time for him to go. Sanchez had earned a chance to fight his way back and failed. At this point he risks losing the locker room and enraging the fan base if he trots Mark out there against SD.

Keep Rex next year but boot Tanny and Sparano.

He can absolutely coach this team. He has ALWAYS, EXCLUSIVELY, worked the defensive side of the ball. If he could just pick up the offensive side of the ball in 4 years well enough to beat an opposing defensive coordinator, he would be a football genius. He must be given the opportunity to grow on that side of the ball.

Rex is 100% responsible for this mess on offense.

I cannot say that he is 100% for reasons stated above. he has people in place that have a much better background in offense than he does. he must lean and continue to lean on the coaches in those positions.

Sorry but I disagree.

That defense was given the lead last night and proceeded to give right back on the very next series.

The fact that the best QB on the team right now did not even dress last night to me is just cause to send him packing.

Rex, along with Tannenbaum, Shotty and Sparano took their "Franchise QB" and turned him into David Carr, Akili Smith, Tim Couch.

Rex is not the QB. His QB has failed miserably. you cannot win with a failure at QB. I do not think that is Rex's fault. We all witnessed this loser at QB. It was his make or break year. he broke, now can we get out from under this loser?

That Ryan yet again failed to dress his best QB over a 6th (or even his 5th ) WR is a firing offense. He barely throws the ball. You don't need mroe than 4 wideouts on a good day. There is no accountability for Pick 6, and that totally corrodes any idea Ryan can ever fully understand offense.

you cant turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad. As stated, this is a business and I am not entirely sold that Rex has carte blanche on who starts at QB.

I truly do like Rex. But he cannot be the head coach of this team next year. He just cant coach an entire team.

he needs time, my friend. dont dump this guys because he put his faith in some bad stock on the side of the ball that he is not 1/4 as strong as he is on defense.

He can absolutely coach this team. He has ALWAYS, EXCLUSIVELY, worked the defensive side of the ball. If he could just pick up the offensive side of the ball in 4 years well enough to beat an opposing defensive coordinator, he would be a football genius. He must be given the opportunity to grow on that side of the ball.

I cannot say that he is 100% for reasons stated above. he has people in place that have a much better background in offense than he does. he must lean and continue to lean on the coaches in those positions.

Rex is not the QB. His QB has failed miserably. you cannot win with a failure at QB. I do not think that is Rex's fault. We all witnessed this loser at QB. It was his make or break year. he broke, now can we get out from under this loser?

you cant turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad. As stated, this is a business and I am not entirely sold that Rex has carte blanche on who starts at QB.

he needs time, my friend. dont dump this guys because he put his faith in some bad stock on the side of the ball that he is not 1/4 as strong as he is on defense.

how much time? If you were a car salesman and after 4 years you still couldn't sell cars, shouldn't you be fired?

How much time did Belli take to get things right? do you think that Cleveland would have wished they kept him around a few years longer?

While Rex is 100% responsible(minus whatever % taht ownership/Tanny forced his hand into decisions discussed above) for the results, the issue that most of you are having is that you think that he is responsible for the problems. IMO, those are 2 different things. Removing Rex does not fix the problem, removing OC,QB,RB, WR could fix the problem IMO. That will improve the results and everyone will love Rex....again....

How much time did Belli take to get things right? do you think that Cleveland would have wished they kept him around a few years longer?

While Rex is 100% responsible(minus whatever % taht ownership/Tanny forced his hand into decisions discussed above) for the results, the issue that most of you are having is that you think that he is responsible for the problems. IMO, those are 2 different things. Removing Rex does not fix the problem, removing OC,QB,RB, WR could fix the problem IMO. That will improve the results and everyone will love Rex....again....

What you seem to fail to grasp is that the manifestation of those problems is directly on Rex also.

Yes, those areas will still be problems with him departing, but lets get someone in who can actually fix them.

Rex has no clue how to coach a "team". Knows only defense. Rex wants to build a top 5 defense every year...wants to win every game 7-6...his approach has one path to victory...good teams in the 21st century need multiple paths to victory...Rex incapable to make that happen...them the facts...and facts are stubborn.

Rex does not have the personality for a head coach. He gets too invested in the players and their personalities to make the critical personnel decisions required to put a winning team on the field. The whole Terminator thing is a great example of it. He falls in love with the way the guy hits on film, so he uses a draft pick on a FB which is position that is usually filled by UDFA's. The latitude he has given a declining Bart Scott and a never will be Mark Sanchez is just another example of how he lacks the nuts to be a head coach.

Rex has no clue how to coach a "team". Knows only defense. Rex wants to build a top 5 defense every year...wants to win every game 7-6...his approach has one path to victory...good teams in the 21st century need multiple paths to victory...Rex incapable to make that happen...them the facts...and facts are stubborn.

The man is a beeper salesman in an iphone world. The rules beg you to pass. Failing to have a decent passing game is death. You cannot win without an effective passing attack in the NFL of 2012.It's one thing to bring back an old MO in any industry, quite another to bring back an MO you know is totally antiquated. And last night even if you think Ground and Pound can win, they spent the whole 4th quarter allowing Sanchez to throw the ball all over the field when they had the time several times to simply try to run the ball. That's on the head coach.

Rex does not have the personality for a head coach. He gets too invested in the players and their personalities to make the critical personnel decisions required to put a winning team on the field. The whole Terminator thing is a great example of it. He falls in love with the way the guy hits on film, so he uses a draft pick on a FB which is position that is usually filled by UDFA's. The latitude he has given a declining Bart Scott and a never will be Mark Sanchez is just another example of how he lacks the nuts to be a head coach.

Chuck Noll benched Terry Bradshaw.

Bill Parcells benched Phil Simms.

Tom Landry benched Roger Staubach.

Joe Montana got benched by George Siefert in favor of Steve Young.

Sanchez isn't as good as any of those guys. There's no reason he has played at all the past 2 weeks.

If Rex starts Sanchez this weekend then it's time for him to go. Sanchez had earned a chance to fight his way back and failed. At this point he risks losing the locker room and enraging the fan base if he trots Mark out there against SD.

Keep Rex next year but boot Tanny and Sparano.

nice logic numbnuts. If Tanny goes so does the Head Coach. Rex doesn't fire anyone. Not Schotty who quit. Not the worst starting QB in NFL history. Not his over the hill line backing buddy. So if Rex stays so does Sparano.

Rex is the "head" coach. That means he has ultimate responsibility for BOTH the offense and defense. He can't even spell offense. He inexplicably stuck with the SS Sanchez as this ship was sinking to the bottom and now it is time to pay with his job. His stunningly poor decision making should and will cost him his job.

Running Sanchez out there these past three weeks is nothing short of coaching malpractice. He's done.

1. I cannot say that it was entirely his decision.

2. Are either mcelroy or tebow actual solutions or are we better off counting on mark remembering how to not suck? remember when we were guessing what week Tebow would take over? Many different weeks were mentioned BUT we all agreed that IF Tebow was named starter, our season would be over. Well, our season didnt end until last night.

What you seem to fail to grasp is that the manifestation of those problems is directly on Rex also.

Yes, those areas will still be problems with him departing, but lets get someone in who can actually fix them.

I am not denying that he failed this year. I hope you realize that. I am saying that the jets, as an organization can fix these problems and I think Rex is an asset, not a problem. Does he need to get better? absolutely. And i think he will and I hope it is here with the Jets. He has half this game in his pocket. I think he has the dedication and the football IQ to be a HC.

Nothing wrong with that goal. Play ball control, put out a top 5 defense. I like that plan and I'll sign up for another couple of years in persuit of it. I think he is willing to adjust. Look at the start of last year. he wanted to come out and throw it around in the passing league. you remember that? we failed, miserably. It led to sh*tty getting canned after the season. It should have been shottie and sanchez being canned. Is that on Rex or tanny? or woody? Hindsight is 20/20 but it doenst mean that rex is so stubborn.

I am glad that you mention Connor because that was Rex's pick. Guess what? Logic states taht if that was Rex's pick, the others were not. Bart is a fighter, sure he is punchy but did you see him flying around last night? Did you? He didnt quit. Even with that sh!t show on offense this defense did not QUIT!!!! **** the offense, **** soprano the rotten fish and **** the peice of sh*t QB that looked all glass eyed and wanted his mommy on the sidelines. The WR? it aint their fault they suck so dont **** them, they can just **** off....

2. Are either mcelroy or tebow actual solutions or are we better off counting on mark remembering how to not suck? remember when we were guessing what week Tebow would take over? Many different weeks were mentioned BUT we all agreed that IF Tebow was named starter, our season would be over. Well, our season didnt end until last night.

I am not denying that he failed this year. I hope you realize that. I am saying that the jets, as an organization can fix these problems and I think Rex is an asset, not a problem. Does he need to get better? absolutely. And i think he will and I hope it is here with the Jets. He has half this game in his pocket. I think he has the dedication and the football IQ to be a HC.

Nothing wrong with that goal. Play ball control, put out a top 5 defense. I like that plan and I'll sign up for another couple of years in persuit of it. I think he is willing to adjust. Look at the start of last year. he wanted to come out and throw it around in the passing league. you remember that? we failed, miserably. It led to sh*tty getting canned after the season. It should have been shottie and sanchez being canned. Is that on Rex or tanny? or woody? Hindsight is 20/20 but it doenst mean that rex is so stubborn.

I am glad that you mention Connor because that was Rex's pick. Guess what? Logic states taht if that was Rex's pick, the others were not. Bart is a fighter, sure he is punchy but did you see him flying around last night? Did you? He didnt quit. Even with that sh!t show on offense this defense did not QUIT!!!! **** the offense, **** soprano the rotten fish and **** the peice of sh*t QB that looked all glass eyed and wanted his mommy on the sidelines. The WR? it aint their fault they suck so dont **** them, they can just **** off....

Bart Scott, eh?

The man is a beeper salesman in an iphone world. The rules beg you to pass. Failing to have a decent passing game is death. You cannot win without an effective passing attack in the NFL of 2012.It's one thing to bring back an old MO in any industry, quite another to bring back an MO you know is totally antiquated. And last night even if you think Ground and Pound can win, they spent the whole 4th quarter allowing Sanchez to throw the ball all over the field when they had the time several times to simply try to run the ball. That's on the head coach.

They tried to pass it in the beginning of both last year and this year and failed...You want them to keep attempting to pass? that would be the stubborn that another poster mentioned, not playing to your strengths would be stubborn. not that our running game is "strong" but have you seen our passing game.

lastly, it is hard to win when your offense is getting blanked...

Sorry but I disagree.

Totally agree with this. There was not help whatsoever. I mean they are so clueless that when they had Wayne Hunter out there, they refused to help him out by putting an extra back for blocking help.

Look at the QBs that Sporano has had and look at where they are now. All back ups, but started their careers with promise.

Bart Scott, eh?

yeah, we took one on the chin there. It happens. If it happened 1 more time I would still be in my fantasy football finals this week. Unfortunately I also started Greene. FML.

Bart does so many things that do not show up. This will be his last year as a jet. i appreciate the way he played the game for our beloved Jets. Did he lose a step? yes. did he lose his drive for football or passion for the game. Hell **** no. A lot more than can be said for the Offensive side of the ball. Defense is trying to pitch shut outs and coming damn close yet losing is hard to swallow. to not give up or give in says a lot for these guys.

I would like to thank Bart for sacrificing his body for the Jets. he plays with reckless abandon for his own safety. Thank you Bart.

Chuck Noll benched Terry Bradshaw.

Bill Parcells benched Phil Simms.

Tom Landry benched Roger Staubach.

Joe Montana got benched by George Siefert in favor of Steve Young.

Sanchez isn't as good as any of those guys. There's no reason he has played at all the past 2 weeks.

maybe you have to be a legendary coach to have the clout to tell your GM "**** you, I aint playing your prized toy". our HC is in his first 4 years.

Agreed. The coaching is so antiquated it's comical...nice analogy with the beeper and the iphone...btw...the Jets story needs to change...and quickly...only hope is that Woody gets it.

Bart Scott, eh?

All three of Scott, Pouha and Harris completely sh*t their pants on that play. If one of them does something worth a damn it's enough to slow up CJ for someone else to make the tackle, even if not one of them.

Just an observation after watching that play yet again, certainly not a defense of anyone.

So...players play...coaches coach...huh? Rex built a lopsided football team...zero plan to develop the other parts of the team...only one path to victory...if the stars align...the best we could hope for is similar to the 2000 Baltimore Ravens...and while that season ended nicely...it's doubtful we could repeat it...and even that season they won ugly...never mind the fact the NFL has changed the rules and demands an effective offense to compete...in today's NFL that same Ravens team doesn't even make the playoffs.

I'll pass...regime change or we head to the land of fans wearing paper bags...only a matter of time.

Rex is a great DC, nothing more. He's never had any clue what was going on on the offense and continues to have no clue. As HC he's responsible for the team as whole, including the offense and Sanchez. Ray Lucas and Adam Stein referred to Rex as "delusional" and I 100 percent agree. Last night Sanchez threw 3 interceptions (ugly ones at that) and with a minute and a half left, put Sanchez back on the field for his 4th INT and even after THAT went with Sanchez with 48 seconds left in the game after the special teams forced a terrible punt and how does Sanchez repay Rex? Fumbles the snap on the first play of the drive. Sanchez is terrible, but Rex not pulling Sanchez at all that game or even throughout the season aside from the Cardinal game, is a terrible head coaching job.

Archived