We need a turnaround artist GM

Bugg

That man is Bill Polian. And if he wants to groom his son, so be it. He's got a serious chip on his shoulder about how his Colts tenure ended. That will be a very good thing.

Do it.

Do it ASAP. Heck, tell Tannenabum and Bradway to empty their desks today.And then, Woody, take a big step back and let him run the team and pick the coach.

And do it before the Chiefs or some other dickbag franchise beats you to him.

http://arrowheadaddi...ors-heating-up/

That man is Bill Polian. And if he wants to groom his son, so be it. He's got a serious chip on his shoulder about how his Colts tenure ended. That will be a very good thing.

Do it.

Do it ASAP. Heck, thell Tannenabum and Bradway to empty their desks today.

And do it before the Chiefs or some other dickbag franchise beats you to him.

http://arrowheadaddi...ors-heating-up/

I wouldnt argue. That means Rex is 90% gone also though. No way he takes job with a 'keep rex' clause.

What would Polian's career look like with the Colts if he didn't have the luck of having the No 1 pick in a year when a franchise QB was coming out? NTM he only won one super bowl with the hall of fame QB and 2 HOF WR's because he was never able to build a D around him while hiring terrible coaches like Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell. No thanks.

What would Polian's career look like with the Colts if he didn't have the luck of having the No 1 pick in a year when a franchise QB was coming out? NTM he only won one super bowl with the hall of fame QB and 2 HOF WR's because he was never able to build a D around him while hiring terrible coaches like Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell. No thanks.

Thank you.

I'd rather go after a hungry up & comer from an organization like the Giants or Ravens, than bring on Polian for his fourth go-round.

Regardless of who it is, wouldn't it make sense to just can Tanny now and start vetting candidates? What function is he performing now that can't be replaced? Why can't the new guy come in now to get a leg up on evaluating the current roster and formulating a draft/free agency/cut/coaching staff strategy? The sooner the better.

I have serious fears that Woody is going to do nothing at all. I don't trust him, and I don't think he has a clue how to run a business. He's not rich because he does, you know.

The Jets are about an attractive destination as the North Pole. Come enjoy our salary cap mess, garbage QBs, malcontent WR, and an aging defense built to win now on a .500 team! Free punch and pie.

Nonsense.

First of all, the salary cap is very manageable outside of 1 more year of Suckchez.

Aging defense? The linebackers need to be replaced but the secondary and the d-line are young and developing nicely.

Just bring in a couple linebackers and a mediocre vet at QB next year and this is a playoff team again. Let's not get crazy. The Jets aren't the Chiefs.

New York market? What better place to make a name for yourself and be a hero? Big $$$ will persuade anyone

Nonsense.

First of all, the salary cap is very manageable outside of 1 more year of Suckchez.

Aging defense? The linebackers need to be replaced but the secondary and the d-line are young and developing nicely.

Just bring in a couple linebackers and a mediocre vet at QB next year and this is a playoff team again. Let's not get crazy. The Jets aren't the Chiefs.

New York market? What better place to make a name for yourself and be a hero? Big $$$ will persuade anyone

Sure. Just bring in a couple of linebackers and a QB (which terrible one do you want) and we're good to go. Except we probably will have to replace 3 linebackers, both of the guards are free agents, our WRs are horrible, our tight end is a free agent, both safties, the nose tackle, etc etc. Oh yeah. And we have to deal with Revis.

Well if I am not mistaken he also built the Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills and the Carolina Panthers as well.

He would be an excellent hire.

Sure. Just bring in a couple of linebackers and a QB (which terrible one do you want) and we're good to go. Except we probably will have to replace 3 linebackers, both of the guards are free agents, our WRs are horrible, our tight end is a free agent, both safties, the nose tackle, etc etc. Oh yeah. And we have to deal with Revis.

Yet, despite all of that, the Jets will finish 1 game out of the playoffs. With the worst 14 game performance we've ever seen in a QB in a period of time where QB play trumps almost everything else, this team will finish exactly in the middle of the pack of the NFL. Any starting caliber veteran QB could win 2 more games for this team than Sanchez did this year. That player TBD should be a stop gap until you're able to draft and develop a young guy in the next 2 years. I don't really care who that TBD turns out to be, because he should really only be here for 1 year.

I'm not saying they're going to be a Super Bowl team. But a new GM can come in here now and start remolding the team, and with only a couple of stopgaps, will still compete for a playoff spot next year. NFL teams can be turned around rather quickly, as the gap between bottom and top is not what it used to be. Every team has flaws, even the elite ones. Jets fans have to get past this mentality that we're going to excel at every position on the field. Fix the right ones, allow yourself to slip or maintain status quo where strength isn't as critical, and they're fine.

The FO and the coach do not have a clue. The announcement today was the right one, but it was still wrong. You don;t jump over your declared number two. Even when they are right they are wrong. That means it is time to go.

the declared number 2 got a series yesterday. i guess that was enough for them, lol

The Jets are about an attractive destination as the North Pole. Come enjoy our salary cap mess, garbage QBs, malcontent WR, and an aging defense built to win now on a .500 team! Free punch and pie.

Actually think it's a great destination for exactly that reason... You get a ton more rope. I don't think anyone could reasonably call for the guys head for a couple years.

What makes it unattractive is Woody Johnson.

Untrue. We hit rock bottom so hard, again, that there'll be a decent timeline that comes with this gig. The roster is so thin, no expectations can be fairly attached until I'd say the 3rd season. That's a good gig, especially if we go after an "up and comer" as Slats mentioned.

Personally, all the Jets ever do is hire hot "prospects". I'd be in the camp of getting a GM that has done it before, a coach too. I'm tired of the Jets being a petri dish for coaching, management and scouting employees.

Lets not forget Polian was the architect of that horrible 2-14 Colt team from last year. Preparing his son for the role with on the job training sounds shady as well. Haven't we already met our quota for nepotism hires with Rex and Schotty Jr.?

We need an adult in the room, but Polian's 70 years old and spent the last three years of his Colts tenure ceding authority to his idiot son. Meh.

It really shouldn't be this hard to find a person who's spent their entire life around football who we can trust to evaluate ****ing football talent. Every time I assume that someone who's played, coached and managed should be brought in, I think of Matt Millen and the whole "football man" mantra goes out the window. I just want someone competent; i'm no longer going to be greedy, just someone competent who won't put the team in a proverbial sh*tstorm, and just provide our coach with solid to good talent. If we had solid to good play at a few positions this year, we're a playoff team. Asking for league average shouldn't be difficult.

You can question his coaching selections, but Polian's personnel currently has that team in the playoffs. Obviously, the QB is a huge factor, but Polian would find someone adequate. As for his defensive failures, he was shopping for Dungy's 225 lb linebackers and 270 lb DTs.

Zero chance Woody Johnson is equipped to find that guy. Zero chance.

I think you have to keep trying. I don't see a guy like Polian having much -if any- better results in terms of wins and losses than Tannenbaum. It's not that hard to look at organizations you'd like yours to emulate, and steal one of their top lieutenants.

You can question his coaching selections, but Polian's personnel currently has that team in the playoffs. Obviously, the QB is a huge factor, but Polian would find someone adequate. As for his defensive failures, he was shopping for Dungy's 225 lb linebackers and 270 lb DTs.

That's pretty untrue. The Colts have about 8 rookies drafted this season who are making big contributions.,

The FO and the coach do not have a clue. The announcement today was the right one, but it was still wrong. You don;t jump over your declared number two. Even when they are right they are wrong. That means it is time to go.

He's not really the #2. He's the punt protector/wildcat guy. That doesn't mean he is the second best QB. **** him and **** doing things the way the press thinks they should be done.

He's not really the #2. He's the punt protector/wildcat guy. That doesn't mean he is the second best QB. **** him and **** doing things the way the press thinks they should be done.

This. It's pretty obvious at this point that Tebow being the other active QB had little to nothing to do with him being seen by this team as a real backup QB, but rather it was because he was the gimmick guy who would be getting some real snaps and they figured, if they were absolutely forced to (due to injury), he could finish out a game under center and so they didn't have to bother using an active roster spot on a third QB. At least that was clearly Rex's point of view.

Archived