Calvin Pace and Jets defense air gripes about offense (FINALLY)

Jetfan13

Just minutes after the Jets 14-10 loss to the Titans, linebacker Calvin Pace stood at his locker and admitted he was frustrated with his team’s inability to score points, Seth Walder of the New York Daily News reports.

“Story of our season. Shooting yourself in the foot, over and over and over again,” Pace told the Daily News. “I don’t care who you’re playing, you can’t beat anybody if you turn the ball over five times.”

The Jets somehow managed to stay in the game, even after Mark Sanchez threw pick after pick. But in the end, it was a Sanchez fumble that ruined the Jets’ season for good. “We have to play an opponent and play ourself. Can’t win like that,” Pace said.

Asked if it’s frustrating to watch the pathetic offense, Pace said simply, “Yeah.”

The Jets were handed a chance to win it in the final seconds when they got the ball back on the Titans 25 after a shanked punt. Safety LaRon Landry wouldn’t say whether he thought the offense could get it done that time.

“Like I said, I play defense,” Landry said. “My mindset on the sidelines? I hope they want to capitalize. I hope they want to win.”

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still stunned the offense and defense haven't gotten into a fistfight a la Buddy's Eagles.

I'm shocked to be honest. I dream for a the day that Sanchez is walking of the field, making that stupid ****ing face he makes after one of his turnovers, to see Bart Scott coming flying into the scream and just finally punish him once and for all.

I would like to see Rex have his defense play both ways this Sunday. Have the entire offense watch from the sideline and learn how to go hard no matter what. That McElroy drive just shows you how half ass this offense is. The push off the ball was there and we imposed our will on that drive. That should have been every drive this year from our Oline...

Careful. If we fire Rex, the next guy might not be as good. LIFETIME APPOINTMENT FOR REX PLZ.

you and RJF must be very happy that the Jets embarassed themselves on national tv again, so you can make these not-at-all annoying "told ya so" posts. It's a great tuesday for you gentlemen.

you and RJF must be very happy that the Jets embarassed themselves on national tv again, so you can make these not-at-all annoying "told ya so" posts. It's a great tuesday for you gentlemen.

Yes, we would much rather be right than see the Jets win. Skewered by the master once more.

Or.... they could be just as frustrated as the rest of us but were more vocal about our shortcomings than most?

I would like to see Rex have his defense play both ways this Sunday. Have the entire offense watch from the sideline and learn how to go hard no matter what. That McElroy drive just shows you how half ass this offense is. The push off the ball was there and we imposed our will on that drive. That should have been every drive this year from our Oline...

We would have been better off punting on 1st down like I suggested earlier this season.

It's an honor for us to be in the presence of such remarkable clairvoyance.

It's the inevitable waiting to end...like a bad school team...we're stuck watching it cause our kid is on the team...but the product is far from entertaining...

LOL...yeah dude, ecstatic. Really. Nothing makes me happier than the Jets sucking and the fact that we now have to go through a period of finding an entirely new regime and offensive roster. Really it's a gas. Dare I say the bee's knees.

It's an honor for us to be in the presence of such remarkable clairvoyance.

Yeah, it's so much better to make completely baseless posts with absolutely no ability to support your positions at all, all while whining about anyone who dares disagree with you, right?

Here's an idea, if you don't want to catch so much crap when you've been proven wrong, don't act like such pompous asses when you think you're right. Nobody on this board is more impressed with themselves than you two when you think you're right, and yet you become a couple patty pissy pants about it when you're proven to have been unquestionably wrong all along. You reap what you sow.

The other option is you can just learn to base your positions on little things like oh, I don't know... facts. That might be asking too much though.

at least we can make fun of our sh!tty players.

The more I think of it...it reminds me of a time...several years ago...my daughter's softball team...the pitcher is the coach's kid...good athlete...good softball player...but not a pitcher...every game she walks player after player...it's a local rec league...so they have a five run rule...each inning she walks in five runs and then we bat...every game...Dad trots daughter out to pitch...like somehow if he keep trotting her out there she'll somehow finally learn to pitch...never tries another girl to pitch...never tries another girl in practice...even though some of the parents told him their kid would like a try...painful to watch...good kid...bad coach.

Rex is similar...and the main reason I've lost faith in his regime...he keeps trotting Sanchez out there expecting a different result...as Jets fans we don't need to settle...I would have rather had Rex pull the Mike Singletary (ala Vernon Davis) routine than the coddling...puts the team first and doesn't reward failure with more playing time.

The more I think of it...it reminds me of a time...several years ago...my daughter's softball team...the pitcher is the coach's kid...good athlete...good softball player...but not a pitcher...every game she walks player after player...it's a local rec league...so they have a five run rule...each inning she walks in five runs and then we bat...every game...Dad trots daughter out to pitch...like somehow if he keep trotting her out there she'll somehow finally learn to pitch...never tries another girl to pitch...never tries another girl in practice...even though some of the parents told him their kid would like a try...painful to watch...good kid...bad coach.

Rex is similar...and the main reason I've lost faith in his regime...he keeps trotting Sanchez out there expecting a different result...as Jets fans we don't need to settle...I would have rather had Rex pull the Mike Singletary (ala Vernon Davis) routine than the coddling...puts the team first and doesn't reward failure with more playing time.

POTW NOM.

here's an idea i'll enjoy football by rooting for the players and you can enjoy football by rooting against them. And we don't try to change the other.

Do you seriously not understand the difference between wanting Mark Sanchez to be a good football player and accepting the fact the he is not?

here's an idea i'll enjoy football by rooting for the players and you can enjoy football by rooting against them. And we don't try to change the other.

Thanks for proving my point. This right here is exactly why you catch so much crap, and why it's 100% deserved. You have nobody to blame for it but yourself.

As usual, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. You were wrong, period. It's been proven, you have no point of defense and now even you know that. Yet you still can't admit it, and it's really rather sad. Instead, you do the same thing you do every single time you're wrong, you are sure to ignore 95% of what a person posted, because you're too much of a spineless coward to own up to being proven wrong. Does it really not register with you how much you run and hide from your own failures every time you sit there and delete out line after line of the posts you quote, because you know that you have no valid response to provide to them? Then it only gets worse, as you blatantly lie, fabricating counterpoints that never were made by anyone to somehow convince your own twisted little mind that it somehow makes you right. Combine that with how laughably impressed you are with yourself and what you think is your unmatched knowledge of football, and it's really something to behold.

I assure you, the only thing I'm rooting against is you continuing on this nonsensical shtick of yours.

As usual, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. You were wrong, period. It's been proven, you have no point of defense and now even you know that. Yet you still can't admit it, and it's really rather sad. Instead, you do the same thing you do every single time you're wrong, you are sure to ignore 95% of what a person posted, because you're too much of a spineless coward to own up to being proven wrong.

What was I wrong about? rooting for the Jets?.

Yeah, it's so much better to make completely baseless posts with absolutely no ability to support your positions at all, all while whining about anyone who dares disagree with you, right?

Here's an idea, if you don't want to catch so much crap when you've been proven wrong, don't act like such pompous asses when you think you're right. Nobody on this board is more impressed with themselves than you two when you think you're right, and yet you become a couple patty pissy pants about it when you're proven to have been unquestionably wrong all along. You reap what you sow.

The other option is you can just learn to base your positions on little things like oh, I don't know... facts. That might be asking too much though.

hahaa.. who are you even mad at? I don't think that description above fits Bitoni , and it certainly doesn't describe me.

what makes you think I mind "catching crap"? If I did it would be quite easy to fall in line with you and the other gloomy Gus's. You get your rocks off bashing the team and it's players and I prefer to support them. Takes all kinds.

Jet fans turning on each other... I smell a mutiny on our hands.

Is it time for EXODUS IV- The Return To JetsInsider?????

Nah, there's not enough going on here for there to be any sort of movement of note, it's really a rather small group who we've already seen this same act out of many times before, and I don't see anyone really interested in rushing to this particular group's defense.

What we're looking at is not just some of the seasons biggest talkers, but most notably the ones who kept running their mouths about how their unsupported opinions were right and thus the 95% of the board who felt otherwise were all wrong. While that's not the most uncommon thing in the message board world, the problem is that now that there's no longer any outs, they are throwing little hissy fits because it turns out, as the rest of us already knew, they were wrong, and they can't handle it. Given that, some people are enjoying rubbing their faces in it, because of what a bunch of jackasses they were acting like when they were convinced they were right, and so they're trying to act like they are some poor innocent martyrs for getting their just deserts. Given the fact that we're talking about the same guys who every time a single play, never mind an actual game, goes in a direction that might somewhat support their position, they rush off to declare victory over everyone they can find.

Like I said before, they're now simply reaping what they've sown. It's well deserved.

hahaa.. who are you even mad at? I don't think that description above fits Bitoni , and it certainly doesn't describe me.

what makes you think I mind "catching crap"? If I did it would be quite easy to fall in line with you and the other gloomy Gus's. You get your rocks off bashing the team and it's players and I prefer to support them. Takes all kinds.

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't be getting so butt hurt over the fact that your arrogance over a position that's been proven wrong has led to you getting your face shoved in it. You put yourself in this situation and now all you can do is get pissy because you're in it.

The fact that both of you maroons need to try to pull the absolutely nonsensical "you're rooting against the team!" card proves that without doubt, and shows how little merit anything either of you have to say has.

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't be getting so butt hurt over the fact that your arrogance over a position that's been proven wrong has led to you getting your face shoved in it. You put yourself in this situation and now all you can do is get pissy because you're in it.

The fact that both of you maroons need to try to pull the absolutely nonsensical "you're rooting against the team!" card proves that without doubt, and shows how little merit anything either of you have to say has.

so is this the BG scoliding extended cut?

again.. I'm not angry, embarassed, pissy, or whatever other emotions you're trying to project on to me.

I'm just sitting at my desk typing up crap about the Jets before I go home at 4:30.

Now if you want to take this outside and make it a bare-knuckle affair we can arrange for that at a later date.

Archived