Calvin Pace and Jets defense air gripes about offense (FINALLY)

Jetfan13

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so is this the BG scoliding extended cut?

again.. I'm not angry, embarassed, pissy, or whatever other emotions you're trying to project on to me.

I'm just sitting at my desk typing up crap about the Jets before I go home at 4:30.

Now if you want to take this outside and make it a bare-knuckle affair we can arrange for that at a later date.

Whatever you say. You sure seem awfully whiny and projecting a lot of things onto other people in a desperate attempt to somehow prove them wrong, for a guy who apparently has no issue with the fact that his entire position has been proven to be laughably wrong and that some people are enjoying rubbing his face in it thanks in large part to his demeanor at that time. Perhaps that's simply what you do all of the time, in which case that's my mistake. Although if that's the case, I'd recommend against running to bit's aid as he tries to blatantly lie his way out of things.

so is this the BG scoliding extended cut?

again.. I'm not angry, embarassed, pissy, or whatever other emotions you're trying to project on to me.

I'm just sitting at my desk typing up crap about the Jets before I go home at 4:30.

Now if you want to take this outside and make it a bare-knuckle affair we can arrange for that at a later date.

Oh, and you call this extended? Seriously?

Come on, what are you new here?

Whatever you say. You sure seem awfully whiny and projecting a lot of things onto other people in a desperate attempt to somehow prove them wrong, for a guy who apparently has no issue with the fact that his entire position has been proven to be laughably wrong and that some people are enjoying rubbing his face in it thanks in large part to his demeanor at that time. Perhaps that's simply what you do all of the time, in which case that's my mistake. Although if that's the case, I'd recommend against running to bit's aid as he tries to blatantly lie his way out of things.

real life LOL.

didn't do anything close to what you're accusing me of but ok I guess.

Man this humble pie tastes terrible.

Hey Calvin, let's not make our defense out to be the '85 Bears either ... you guys suck, too.

I know ... Last 3 weeks ... who'd you play ... Arizona? Jacksonville? Tennessee? Might has well been playing a local area high school team.

How'd you do against New England? San Francisco? Pittsburgh? Even Buffalo or Miami?

Offense, Defense, Special Teams ... the whole team's a f'ing joke.

Nah, there's not enough going on here for there to be any sort of movement of note, it's really a rather small group who we've already seen this same act out of many times before, and I don't see anyone really interested in rushing to this particular group's defense.

What we're looking at is not just some of the seasons biggest talkers, but most notably the ones who kept running their mouths about how their unsupported opinions were right and thus the 95% of the board who felt otherwise were all wrong. While that's not the most uncommon thing in the message board world, the problem is that now that there's no longer any outs, they are throwing little hissy fits because it turns out, as the rest of us already knew, they were wrong, and they can't handle it. Given that, some people are enjoying rubbing their faces in it, because of what a bunch of jackasses they were acting like when they were convinced they were right, and so they're trying to act like they are some poor innocent martyrs for getting their just deserts. Given the fact that we're talking about the same guys who every time a single play, never mind an actual game, goes in a direction that might somewhat support their position, they rush off to declare victory over everyone they can find.

Like I said before, they're now simply reaping what they've sown. It's well deserved.

I just ignore the in-fighting. its like when Mommy and Daddy Special used to fight. Earmuffs. La La La La I Cant Hear You

Just minutes after the Jets 14-10 loss to the Titans, linebacker Calvin Pace stood at his locker and admitted he was frustrated with his team’s inability to score points, Seth Walder of the New York Daily News reports.

“Story of our season. Shooting yourself in the foot, over and over and over again,” Pace told the Daily News. “I don’t care who you’re playing, you can’t beat anybody if you turn the ball over five times.”

The Jets somehow managed to stay in the game, even after Mark Sanchez threw pick after pick. But in the end, it was a Sanchez fumble that ruined the Jets’ season for good. “We have to play an opponent and play ourself. Can’t win like that,” Pace said.

Asked if it’s frustrating to watch the pathetic offense, Pace said simply, “Yeah.”

The Jets were handed a chance to win it in the final seconds when they got the ball back on the Titans 25 after a shanked punt. Safety LaRon Landry wouldn’t say whether he thought the offense could get it done that time.

“Like I said, I play defense,” Landry said. “My mindset on the sidelines? I hope they want to capitalize. I hope they want to win.”

I want to preface my comments a bit here but the truth is going back to last year:

1. Raiders Game up 17-7 and the D went to sleep.

2. Broncos game?

3. Giants Game?

4. Miami game?

I really get the fact that the defense would have a beef with the O, but last year we were 8-5 and if the D played up to its billing we would have been in the playoffs easily.

I am not defending the O here but being objective.

This year the O is terrible I get it but there is blame on the D as well. They did not show up in the Miami game this year, in the Seahawks game, etc.. etc... This debackle was a team effort.

I want to preface my comments a bit here but the truth is going back to last year:

2. Broncos game?

3. Giants Game?

4. Miami game?

I really get the fact that the defense would have a beef with the O, but last year we were 8-5 and if the D played up to its billing we would have been in the playoffs easily.

This year the O is terrible I get it but there is blame on the D as well. They did not show up in the Miami game this year, in the Seahawks game, etc.. etc... This debackle was a team effort.

What's your point, that the D wasn't perfect? This isn't exactly news. It doesn't change the fact that they were immeasurably better than the offense and have every reason to be pissed at them. Not to mention, all of those games you cite featured countless turnovers by the offense as well, many of them resulting in points for the opposing team. The D certainly has work to do, there's no doubt about that, but short of the Jets having an 85 Bears / 00 Ravens type defense, this team wasn't going anywhere with this offense. And given the ridiculous rate of turnovers, I'm not sure even those Ds would have been enough to do for the Jets what they did for their respective teams.

the idea of right and wrong you guys can keep track if you like. i can bump threads too. but I come to this board to flush out my own thinking about the team. the thoughts are often coming from a place of devils advocate and they are rarely fully formed. If you guys want to hold on to those statements from weeks or years ago, and then bring them back to "prove me wrong" that's your business. my goal is to discuss the team. not to have some sort of cosmic scoreboard of rights and wrongs.

Hey Calvin, let's not make our defense out to be the '85 Bears either ... you guys suck, too.

I know ... Last 3 weeks ... who'd you play ... Arizona? Jacksonville? Tennessee? Might has well been playing a local area high school team.

How'd you do against New England? San Francisco? Pittsburgh? Even Buffalo or Miami?

Offense, Defense, Special Teams ... the whole team's a f'ing joke.

They aren't the 85 bears but they did their job. the team smoked Indianapolis easily a playoff team. and alot of those defensive breakdowns against good teams, happened because the offense went 3 and out all day. or worse turned the ball over with a short field. If the Qb leads the league in turnovers for the last 2 years, the defense is gonna be put in some tough spots.

the idea of right and wrong you guys can keep track if you like. i can bump threads too. but I come to this board to flush out my own thinking about the team. the thoughts are often coming from a place of devils advocate and they are rarely fully formed. If you guys want to hold on to those statements from weeks or years ago, and then bring them back to "prove me wrong" that's your business. my goal is to discuss the team. not to have some sort of cosmic scoreboard of rights and wrongs.

This all sounds great in theory, but what makes it complete nonsense is that you try to play this card every time you are proven wrong, but act like a pompous ass every time you've convinced yourself that you're right (regardless of if you are). Basically, your big gripe is that you don't want to be treated the same way you act towards people who you are convinced are wrong.

Although you certainly hit the nail on the head when you said your arguments are rarely fully formed, I'll give you that.

This all sounds great in theory, but what makes it complete nonsense is that you try to play this card every time you are proven wrong,

I remember a certain draft expert saying Omar Jacobs would be a franchise QB. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong at any given time, in the end we are all Jets fans. I'd rather say things that are not fully form and have a discussion than worry about my track record of rights versus wrongs. I could bump all the threads where i said garrett macintyre was better than aaron maybin but you don't actually care about that. You have an idea of who I am in your head and you hate that person. This isn't about accuracy it's probably about politics or some other BS thing. if you actually followed my posts you'd know that I never said I was an expert and i never pretended to be right all the time. And the big things that I was wrong about, i've publically mea culpa'ed for. but again you don't really care about right and wrong this is about something personal i'm fairly certain. Maybe you should post under your real name and we can talk about this like gentlemen.

I remember a certain draft expert saying Omar Jacobs would be a franchise QB. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong at any given time, in the end we are all Jets fans. I'd rather say things that are not fully form and have a discussion than worry about my track record of rights versus wrongs. I could bump all the threads where i said garrett macintyre was better than aaron maybin but you don't actually care about that. You have an idea of who I am in your head and you hate that person. This isn't about accuracy it's probably about politics or some other BS thing. if you actually followed my posts you'd know that I never said I was an expert and i never pretended to be right all the time. And the big things that I was wrong about, i've publically mea culpa'ed for. but again you don't really care about right and wrong this is about something personal i'm fairly certain. Maybe you should post under your real name and we can talk about this like gentlemen.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I made my point quite clear and what do you do? You blatantly ignore it, go out of your way to edit it out of the quote, and then respond by completely fabricating your own story that you think makes you look good. It's all you ever do when challenged about anything.

As for a guy who supposedly doesn't care about being right or wrong, you've certainly had an awful hard time keeping yourself from celebrating the fact that Sparano sucks and how that somehow convinces you that you were right that the Jets shouldn't have fired Schotty regardless of how awful he was. What makes that even more hilarious is this is coming from the same guy who admonishes people about how they aren't the right kind of fans if they don't blindly support every single person associated with the team, no matter how bad they suck at their job.

Let's be crystal clear here about my point: you're a complete hypocrite, there's nothing more to it than that.

See, but that's where you're wrong. For it is the cosmic scoreboard which makes the Internet go 'round.

What's your point, that the D wasn't perfect? This isn't exactly news. It doesn't change the fact that they were immeasurably better than the offense and have every reason to be pissed at them. Not to mention, all of those games you cite featured countless turnovers by the offense as well, many of them resulting in points for the opposing team. The D certainly has work to do, there's no doubt about that, but short of the Jets having an 85 Bears / 00 Ravens type defense, this team wasn't going anywhere with this offense. And given the ridiculous rate of turnovers, I'm not sure even those Ds would have been enough to do for the Jets what they did for their respective teams.

I agree with you my point is this team needs to improve on all aspects. Sorry if I did not make that clear.

They aren't the 85 bears but they did their job. the team smoked Indianapolis easily a playoff team. and alot of those defensive breakdowns against good teams, happened because the offense went 3 and out all day. or worse turned the ball over with a short field. If the Qb leads the league in turnovers for the last 2 years, the defense is gonna be put in some tough spots.

Ha, all these years I've been reading your posts, and this is the first time I noticed the 2nd "t" in your name. CRAZY!!

Kinda like this thread...CRAZY!!

Pace was nice about it if you ask me. I am surprised some of the more vocal D players haven't said worse by now.

See, but that's where you're wrong. For it is the cosmic scoreboard which makes the Internet go 'round.

If 10 people are saying X, i'll show up and say Y. Just to look at the issue from the other side. I know it's annoying. But every conflict needs a hero and a heel. I look at it like a debate where a good debate participant should be able to go pro or con at the flip of a coin. Yes it's true in the great cosmic scoreboard I am probably losing. Who friggin cares. if the board was all people saying the same thing all the time, what's the sport in that?

If 10 people are saying X, i'll show up and say Y. Just to look at the issue from the other side. I know it's annoying. But every conflict needs a hero and a heel. I look at it like a debate where a good debate participant should be able to go pro or con at the flip of a coin. Yes it's true in the great cosmic scoreboard I am probably losing. Who friggin cares. if the board was all people saying the same thing all the time, what's the sport in that?

Speech-football-headshot.gif

If that's truly the case then so be it, but if you don't want the opposition pointing up at the scoreboard, you probably shouldn't be doing a touchdown dance down 42-7.

2. Broncos game?

3. Giants Game?

4. Miami game?

What Miami game? I was at that debacle this year in the Meadowlands and while the D didn't play well, they weren't bad. The Dolphins were/are a sort of lame mediocre team and they scored 30, but... 7 was on blocked punt. 7 was after Sanchez fumbled on the 30. There was also a 60 yard kick return and Sanchez INT in there. Under 150 passing and under 100 rushing. That's not exactly a horrible performance and I'd put that loss on the 1. special teams, 2. offense and then a little on the defense for being unable to bail the other two out.

What Miami game? I was at that debacle this year in the Meadowlands and while the D didn't play well, they weren't bad. The Dolphins were/are a sort of lame mediocre team and they scored 30, but... 7 was on blocked punt. 7 was after Sanchez fumbled on the 30. There was also a 60 yard kick return and Sanchez INT in there. Under 150 passing and under 100 rushing. That's not exactly a horrible performance and I'd put that loss on the 1. special teams, 2. offense and then a little on the defense for being unable to bail the other two out.

It is what this team has come to and what people have become numb to. Forgetting the fact that they are on the field most of the game, forgetting the moral landslide they are on watching their offense sh*t the bed all game, every week, forgetting the fact that we need to gamble on defense to try to generate points for an offense full of sh*tbirds...It is funny because of the game that was sited above just proves the point even more. not only did they not give up half the points in the game but....fvck it...

I was pointing to last years game, remember the last game of the year thats the one I was referring too. And reading through your post I agree.....

I was pointing to last years game, remember the last game of the year thats the one I was referring too. And reading through your post I agree.....

Did Miami even break 20 last year? I think that guy had some monster field goals too. One was around 60 yards. Not a good performance to be sure, but when your QB has 3 picks, 2 to a defensive end, and you hold a team under 20 it's not something to be ashamed of either, IMO.

Archived