Mcelroy to start against San Diego

Matt39

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

put in the duh file

Jets will reportedly make QB switch vs. Chargers

Monday night's horror show has left the New York Jets with no choice but to take a long look in the mirror and re-examine their existence. Starting with the quarterback position.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News tweeted Tuesday that coach Rex Ryan is likely to make a switch under center in time for Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers. Mehta didn't source his report, but later cited a "prominent member" of the organization as saying there's "no way" starter Mark Sanchez should start against San Diego. Operative word here: Should.

The Jets are long overdue on spelling Sanchez, who threw four devastating interceptions and lost a game-ending fumble in Monday night's 14-10 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Sanchez almost single-handedly pulled the plug on New York's slim playoff hopes. Ryan kept quiet about any potential changes after the game, but carried the look of a broken man.

It's not a stretch to suggest Sanchez has played his final snap as a member of the Jets. It's turned that ugly in Florham Park.

Yes, the Jets are in a pickle after furnishing Sanchez with a fat contract extension, but depending on what additional changes are made in the offseason, that might not matter to the powers that be. This team desperately requires a new approach at the quarterback position, and the re-imagining of this organization might not end there.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113344/article/jets-will-reportedly-make-qb-switch-vs-chargers

Might as well. He's nothing special and he'll prove that, but he'll at least get a chance to prove many wrong.

Tebow is as good as gone, Sanchez we're stuck with, so GMac is the only one that is a question mark. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do not well and get cut so they can draft someone next season.

My guess is Woody told Rex if you stick with Sanchez and he ****s up you are gone.

Seasons dead. Mcelroy finishes out. Rex is gone once the Bills game is over.

that speech was need 6 weeks ago and we would be in playoffs.

How no one sees that is baffling.

Too little, too late. Go **** yourself Rex. You cost us the playoffs.

With way Defense has been playing and how bad Sanchez has been every game, how they didnt see this boggles the mind. Virtually any other QB in NFL could have turned some of our L's into D's by playing bad but just not turning it over at a near record face.

I think we could have won some games with our D by just running or onlt throwing high % dumpoffs to back sand then punting. Kick a bunch of FG's but avoid all the sanchez turnovers.

While it's definitely too late for this sh*t, McElroy will at least make the next two games a little more watchable, so that's something. Much better than having to watch Tebow's sorry ass give us a whole different type of horrendously awful QB play.

Let's not even discuss the possibility of them starting that other sh*t stain.

With way Defense has been playing and how bad Sanchez has been every game, how they didnt see this boggles the mind. Virtually any other QB in NFL could have turned some of our L's into D's by playing bad but just not turning it over at a near record face.

I think we could have won some games with our D by just running or onlt throwing high % dumpoffs to back sand then punting. Kick a bunch of FG's but avoid all the sanchez turnovers.

9 turnovers in 3 games. 9. Against 3 teams with a combined record of 12-30.

The problem is there was never a plan to do this too early. The Sanchez crash and burn was always the route this team was taking.

SOmething really doesnt add up. Maybe 5 years down the line we'll find out...but there's a disconnect between Woody, Tanny and Rex. It'd be interesting to know who's actually saying what and who wants who to play.

The problem is there was never a plan to do this too early. The Sanchez crash and burn was always the route this team was taking.

SOmething really doesnt add up. Maybe 5 years down the line we'll find out...but there's a disconnect between Woody, Tanny and Rex. It'd be interesting to know who's actually saying what and who wants who to play.

I'd love to know who's really calling the shots in this fiasco.

How do they not put Tebow in at this point? Honest question. Football aside, from a straight business standpoint it seems like a no-brainer.

I've got nothing. Wasnt this exactly why they brought him in?

How do they not put Tebow in at this point? Honest question. Football aside, from a straight business standpoint it seems like a no-brainer.

I think the Jets feel that in no way can Tebow handle a pro style offense or Sparano has no idea what do with him other than run up middle or off tackle.

What other reason can there be ?

Archived