•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mcelroy to start against San Diego

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#126 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,706 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Rex Ryan is a DC, not a HC. In Baltimore, he was a DC with a boss. Here he is a DC without a boss. Still a DC. Always will be.

Yep.

#127 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Sanchez will be deactivated this weekend. I'd be even surprised if he's on the sidelines.

agree. kerley will be 3rd qb if disaster happens
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#128 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,179 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

I think the biggest part of the problem is the lack of a boss. If he was working for a strong GM who had total control of football operations, Rex, in turn, would be in a better position to just coach.

If this team had an adequate QB, no one would be talking about Rex as a bad head coach. Middle of the road QB-ing would have this team in the playoffs four years in a row. The problem seems to be that the QBs suck, and Rex doesn't publicly chastise them.

I agree that having an average QB would have produced different results. But the bottom line is Rex is a weak HC. Weakness hires weakness -- that is why Tony Sparano is (was) our OC. If Rex is to stay around it must be under a strong, authoritative GM that comes with a football pedigree. Also, the new OC should not be subordinate to Rex. Call it whatever you like -- Assistant Head Coach, Co-Head Coach -- we need a skilled leader on the other side of the ball who is his own man. Otherwise, just take a Ginsu the whole organization and start over.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#129 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I think the biggest part of the problem is the lack of a boss. If he was working for a strong GM who had total control of football operations, Rex, in turn, would be in a better position to just coach.

If this team had an adequate QB, no one would be talking about Rex as a bad head coach. Middle of the road QB-ing would have this team in the playoffs four years in a row. The problem seems to be that the QBs suck, and Rex doesn't publicly chastise them.

I dont think truer words were ever spoken on this board. Noone was doubting Rex in his first 2 years as HC when he was coaching the AFC Champ game. Now 2 years removed, he is a bad HC...If he had a decent QB, not even a good QB, he would have made the playoffs each of his first 4 years as a HC and again, people on this board would be singing a different toon. I hope he gets more chances to prove he is the long term solution to our HC position. As stated earlier, I am not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater and that bathwater is sanchez...

#130 GimmeShelter

GimmeShelter

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

All true but any HC worth a dam dresses McElroy Monday night knowing how awful Sanchez has been and the slim play-off hopes on the line.
Sorry but one curious move after another followed by idiotic explanations has shown me that he is not HC material.

#131 GandWFan

GandWFan

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

A strong GM would not make Rex a HC. He is a DC. He was a DC when he got here and he has not grown into a HC. He is like Sanchez, he is what he is.

In the post game PC, after his hand picked QB accounted for 5 turnovers against a bottom feeding Titans team, needing this game to keep his playoff chances alive, his first remarks where. "We did not stop them on 2 runs".

Really Rex? That was the biggest problem tonight? From Rex the DC's perspective, yes. From any real HC, no.

#132 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

A strong GM would not make Rex a HC. He is a DC. He was a DC when he got here and he has not grown into a HC. He is like Sanchez, he is what he is.

In the post game PC, after his hand picked QB accounted for 5 turnovers against a bottom feeding Titans team, needing this game to keep his playoff chances alive, his first remarks where. "We did not stop them on 2 runs".

Really Rex? That was the biggest problem tonight? From Rex the DC's perspective, yes. From any real HC, no.

Ya, new GM (if high profile) wil lcan Rex.

Also, Rex still views himself as running D, while he lets Sporano/Schottty run Off.
His comments prove he really doesnt view them as equal parts which a REAL HC would.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#133 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

This last press conference (which, true to my word i did not watch but read about on this site) was an abomination. His responses to questions about why he made this decision were completely irrational and should disqualify him from future employment as Head Coach of this team. What head coach anywhere could get away with answers like these? It is an embarassment. I do not want my head coach making decisions like this "from his gut." I want him to have specific reasons for his choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users