Mark Sanchez: The Final Countdown

Maxman

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then you saw him wax the D in his 2nd drive culminating in a TD.  But lets leave that part out because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Considering the post was in direct response to a comment about Sanchez's years of repeated mistakes, it is true that it absolutely does not fit, or really have any relevancy whatsoever.

Of course I wouldn't want to rob you of the opportunity to share your wisdom, so please tell us more about the brilliance of performance in which a QB scores the same number of points for both his own team and the opposing team.

How come every time you talk about Sanchez's banner year, you neglect to mention that he still led the league in turnovers, instead dismissing it as "he made mistakes."

he had 18 interceptions -- the fumbles were the bigger problem in 2011.  That could be cleaned up with better protection from the line.

he had 18 interceptions -- the fumbles were the bigger problem in 2011. That could be cleaned up with better protection from the line.

How do you coach up the line to prevent the QB from running into its ass?

he had 18 interceptions -- the fumbles were the bigger problem in 2011.  That could be cleaned up with better protection from the line.

So, he had a lot of interceptions, but the other form of turnovers was bad too.

No agenda there at all!

Oh, and there are only 3 active NFL players with a higher interception % than Sanchez.  Which is a much more important statistic than TD/INT ratio or just TDs or just INTs.

How do you coach up the line to prevent the QB from running into its ass?

broken play where the running back just ran away ...Sanchez tried to save some yards...slid while moore is getting blown up by wilfork.  Lousy outcome  but he was trying to make something out of a broken play.  Sanchez never came out and said well my running back was lost on the play so i was just trying to avoid losing 8 yards on the play.  Geno lost a ball trying to go behind his back while being sacked -- still don't understand his end game with that move.

broken play where the running back just ran away ...Sanchez tried to save some yards...slid while moore is getting blown up by wilfork.  Lousy outcome  but he was trying to make something out of a broken play.  Sanchez never came out and said well my running back was lost on the play so i was just trying to avoid losing 8 yards on the play.  Geno lost a ball trying to go behind his back while being sacked -- still don't understand his end game with that move.

Oh yeah, you're right. That buttfumble play really wasn't that bad at all. Perfectly understandable.

Oh yeah, you're right. That buttfumble play really wasn't that bad at all. Perfectly understandable.

play sucked -- fumbles happen all the time in the nfl -- just another fumble off a broken play in Sporano's offense. 

He is in NY so it is a much bigger deal...in the end it was a fumble.  Wasn't a CB in Denver getting smoked on prayer bomb with the super bowl riding on it.

End of the day it was a bad play all around that was part of a bad year all around for the jets.

play sucked -- fumbles happen all the time in the nfl -- just another fumble off a broken play in Sporano's offense.

I can just hear Sporano coaching Sanchez on the sideline prior to that play, "okay, and remember: if the play breaks down, just run into the ass of one of our offensive linemen. Nothing bad can happen from that."

Hey, there's nothing wrong with long diatribes.

ts;dr

If you go back a couple pages I said the ship has sailed and Geno should be the starter in 14.  That being said you can do a lot worse than Sanchez as a backup.  Cutler isn't coming here and Mccown is overrated junk.  He started 3 games in 4 years before this season yet people act as if he's a FT starter.  Never mind he's passing to the best WR's in the league.  He wouldn't have Alston Jefferey jumping over DB's backs to make catches if he came here.

Just because there aren't many better options out there doesn't make Sanchez the best choice, not by a longshot.  I'd rather have a slightly weaker QB here as a backup than invite the kind of distraction Sanchez's presence will provide.  There's just no upside to it.  We know what Sanchez brings to the table, and it's really nothing.  And for all the complaints about lack of weapons, well guess what, we don't know for sure how good the weapons will be next year.  If Sanchez would only do well with above average to great weapons, we won't automatically have that here in 1 offseason.  Pass on Sanchez.

Henne's TD to INT ratio has always been about even.  Sanchez has many more turnovers than him too.  Henne has a better average, better completion %, and better passer rating.

As for Campbell, you're looking for 1-year, not a career.  Mark Sanchez's best years are behind him to.  That was USC.

The fact that you can't easily say Sanchez is better than these guys speaks volumes about the player Sanchez is.  Can't wait until he's gone.

Henne also produced decently for the Dolphins and Jaguars.  Not exactly 2 franchises known for having elite weaponz. 

I remember when the only reason Idzik kept Rex was because the owner told him to, and that at his first opportunity, he was going to replace him.

I don't expect Sanchez back, but that isn't the best argument against the possibility.

Well the difference is that we know Rex has SOME ability to coach.  He had a winning record overall and was the top reason we were able to outduel Manning and Brady in 2010.  Even the biggest Rex opponents know that there are few coaches in the NFL that, if asked to draw up a defensive gameplan to win ONE big game, he's the guy to do it.  They also admit he's a very good Defensive Coordinator at bare minimum.

Sanchez, meanwhile, does nothing well.  There's no debate except among the clinically insane.  There's not one characteristic he brings to the table that suggests he is good at his job, ever was good at his job, or ever WILL BE good at his job.  The best you can say is that you can win a few games with him at QB IF you have nearly ideal circumstances around him. 

I can just hear Sporano coaching Sanchez on the sideline prior to that play, "okay, and remember: if the play breaks down, just run into the ass of one of our offensive linemen. Nothing bad can happen from that."

It's amazing the mental gymnastics people do to avoid blaming a player.  Spinning incredible narratives about what happened.  Even, ignoring the fact that Sporano and Schotty, who both may not be great offensive coordinators, still no a lot about football.  More than anyone on this board, and yet people credit them with not thinking of things that an 8-year-old would come up with.

It's amazing the mental gymnastics people do to avoid blaming a player.  Spinning incredible narratives about what happened.  Even, ignoring the fact that Sporano and Schotty, who both may not be great offensive coordinators, still no a lot about football.  More than anyone on this board, and yet people credit them with not thinking of things that an 8-year-old would come up with.

While I know I should be used to this by now, from long before even Sanchez's days, I still find it truly shocking that someone could see absolutely no issue with an argument in favor of a player being entirely based around the concept that he is completely blameless for his own failures.  Even if you somehow believe that to be an unquestioned truth, just the fact that there is no substantial positive argument to be made, but rather only a series of excuses, still should speak volumes on its own.  The only positive Sanchez argument we ever see made is simply a repetition of citing the same 4 games of his career which are now up to 4 years removed, and 3 of which were decidedly average performances from him.  Even then, that one argument has a significant reliance on the idea of absolving him of any and all blame for the massive failures that followed those games.

He didn't slide, nor did Moore get blown up.

He completely ran full speed into a stationary object.

Sanchez is my cat when it hears a loud noise.

My thing is if you put some legit weapons on the offensive side of the ball there is no reason to think Sanchez couldn't improve as a passer.  If the belief is that Geno had poor weapons in 2013, that means Sanchez had worse than that in 2012, and that getting better skill players will allow for Smith to make a great leap as a QB why would you be able to say well better skill players and legit weapons would allow any QB to put up better numbers - Sanchez included.

Nothing is Sanchez's fault.  Nothing.

Its was obvious the guy slipped and this nonsense has been push to the limit of stupidity because he happened to slip and hit Moores ass . Sometimes I wonder if you guys ever even played a sport and I'm shocked you let the media lead you on a leash your smarter than this

My thing is if you put some legit weapons on the offensive side of the ball there is no reason to think Sanchez couldn't improve as a passer.  If the belief is that Geno had poor weapons in 2013, that means Sanchez had worse than that in 2012, and that getting better skill players will allow for Smith to make a great leap as a QB why would you be able to say well better skill players and legit weapons would allow any QB to put up better numbers - Sanchez included.

NYJS these guys have no interest in agreeing with you no matter what you point out don't waste your time Honestly I should have never gotten involved in one of these stupid Sanchez debates again Ive had my fair share and all you get is people twisting your words and others piling on for the Lulz

Its was obvious the guy slipped and this nonsense has been push to the limit of stupidity because he happened to slip and hit Moores ass . Sometimes I wonder if you guys ever even played a sport and I'm shocked you let the media lead you on a leash your smarter than this

Not obvious.

And Sanchez himself said he was purposely sliding, which it didn't look like, either, but is different than slipping, which he also didn't do.

I agree the buttfumble was a one time thing.  The problem was, it happened to a guy who is known for making awful plays on the regular.  If that happened to Aaron Rodgers it wouldn't have been that big a deal, because, if it happened to Aaron Rodgers, it wouldn't have been a microcosm of his career.

concept that he is completely blameless for his own failures. 

More bullsh*t BG no one EVER said he was completely blameless. The only thing people are saying is how would Sanchez have performed with real talent like you expect a playoff team to have. Some feel he would do better others feel it would be the Same old Sh!t ....to each his own ...lets let it rest

Not obvious.

And Sanchez himself said he was purposely sliding, which it didn't look like, either, but is different than slipping, which he also didn't do.

Unfortunately for him it will be his signature play. The one he will be most remembered for and a benchmark for other inept plays to be measured against.

Four years is enough of a sample. The guy had Edwards, Holmes, Keller and the best running game in football and was still bad. I've seen enough. Let him go be great somewhere else.

Unfortunately for him it will be his signature play. The one he will be most remembered for and a benchmark for other inept plays to be measured against.

Hey I bet most players would like to have a play to always be remembered by- not

More bullsh*t BG no one EVER said he was completely blameless. The only thing people are saying is how would Sanchez have performed with real talent like you expect a playoff team to have. Some feel he would do better others feel it would be the Same old Sh!t ....to each his own ...lets let it rest

To be clear, that wasn't really wasn't so much based upon your comments as those of our new friend IAmSanchez.  I can concede that in the other thread I may have interpreted your comments as a bit more extreme than they were intended after getting into the mix of some of the real craziness going on in this thread.  Still doesn't mean I agree with you though, but just saying. :P

To be clear, that wasn't really wasn't so much based upon your comments as those of our new friend IAmSanchez.  I can concede that in the other thread I may have interpreted your comments as a bit more extreme than they were intended after getting into the mix of some of the real craziness going on in this thread.  Still doesn't mean I agree with you though, but just saying. :tongue:

That's cool BG we have had this same type argument going back many years sometimes we get heated sometimes not, either way we want the team to succeed and when they finally do, if we're not dead, we can sing kumbaya together :)

I want a new QB in here, some don't agree with my choice, others do.  I want to win in a bad way, mostly because of all the abuse I have had to deal with from friends and family who are Giants fans . We need our time in the sun for once

All of this was only further compounded by the fact that it was a prime time national game, up against no other games, on the one day of the year that just about everyone across the country is watching football.  There's hardly a soul out there who didn't see this play within minutes of it happening.  At worst, people who weren't watching the game were immediately called over to the TV by others around them who were.  It truly was the perfect storm.

Archived