Mark Sanchez: The Final Countdown

Maxman

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have selective hearing obviously - I said he would be better on ANOTHER TEAM, and that he still has potential to be a better QB. You just love bashing me. Wait till he's not on the team anymore.....yea.....you'll be asking me to cheer for Michael f'n Vick - just so you can fight w/ me :cussing:

Who's telling you to cheer for Mark? I'm pretty sure thats the reason we all think you might have a few screws loose.

You guys have selective hearing obviously - I said he would be better on ANOTHER TEAM, and that he still has potential to be a better QB. You just love bashing me. Wait till he's not on the team anymore.....yea.....you'll be asking me to cheer for Michael f'n Vick - just so you can fight w/ me :cussing:

She looks like a girl.

But she's a flame.

My point is - that I do cheer for him, and get sh*t for it

I'm going to say this because I love you deeply. Like, deeply. People don't give you sh*t because you like Sanchez. People give you sh*t because you don't offer any sort of qualified statistical or reason-based defense for liking Mark, and you reject out-of-hand any counter that suggests your opinion might be superficially informed. This group will entertain all sorts of rationales for liking certain players (see the Chad Pennington files). But to ask us weekly to listen in to your podcast (which I think we'd all like to see succeed), and not put any effort into explainig what has become an increasingly irrational talking point, merits backlash.

For the record, I do not blame you. I blame Max for not pressing the issue in between his attempts to smell your hair.

But to ask us weekly to listen in to your podcast (which I think we'd all like to see succeed), and not put any effort into explainig what has become an increasingly irrational talking point, merits backlash.

meh. it's good for the podcast to have differing opinions. If it was Max and Max #2 who agreed with everything, that's not as good.

I'm going to say this because I love you deeply. Like, deeply. People don't give you sh*t because you like Sanchez. People give you sh*t because you don't offer any sort of qualified statistical or reason-based defense for liking Mark, and you reject out-of-hand any counter that suggests your opinion might be superficially informed. This group will entertain all sorts of rationales for liking certain players (see the Chad Pennington files). But to ask us weekly to listen in to your podcast (which I think we'd all like to see succeed), and not put any effort into explainig what has become an increasingly irrational talking point, merits backlash.

For the record, I do not blame you. I blame Max for not pressing the issue in between his attempts to smell your hair.

tl:dr

Max offers only nominal, if ever, protestations. He sounds like a dude being asked his opinion on a stripper's lip gloss.

Tom you are maturing. In the past when you wrote accusations like this you did it in invisible ink. This is progress.

I have backed up my reasoning, and I'll say it again -

He was a great QB at USC, and he brought the Jets to the AFC his first two years. As a rookie, that is very impressive. Everyone will have his/her own opinion, especially about the Jets. This site would not exist, or at least be very vanilla if everyone agreed and life was perfect (PatriotNation.com) If our next starting QB is awesome, I'd support him as well. sh*t, if TEBOW were a decent QB and actually had something to prove I'd support him. But no - he sucked. Do you hate that I support keeping Shonn Greene as well? I hope you do.

He was a great QB at USC, and he brought the Jets to the AFC his first two years. As a rookie, that is very impressive. Everyone will have his/her own opinion, especially about the Jets. This site would not exist, or at least be very vanilla if everyone agreed and life was perfect (PatriotNation.com) If our next starting QB is awesome, I'd support him as well. sh*t, if TEBOW were a decent QB and actually had something to prove I'd support him. But no - he sucked. Do you hate that I support keeping Shonn Greene as well? I hope you do.

I will read your post later. I just want to chime in and say ur hair smellz good today.

LOL.

What I like is that you aren't a Tebow-Maniac kind of fan. You have expressed that you are a Jets fan first. We have disagreed on just about every Podcast. Tom apparently wants us to just sit there and brawl it out.

Next week we get to talk about McElroy so that should be a nice refreshing change.

He was a great QB at USC,

What does this mean?

and he brought the Jets to the AFC his first two years.

No he didn't. Peep the stats.

As a rookie, that is very impressive.

Is it? More or less impressive than Andrew Luck or RGIII, for instance? Context. Context.

Everyone will have his/her own opinion, especially about the Jets. This site would not exist, or at least be very vanilla if everyone agreed and life was perfect (PatriotNation.com)

Thoughtful debate is what this site was built around. Also, my charisma, and Phil's knowledge of HTML.

If our next starting QB is awesome, I'd support him as well.

The term "awesome" stopped carrying weight right after 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure'.

sh*t, if TEBOW were a decent QB and actually had something to prove I'd support him. But no - he sucked.

If Tebow "sucked," then how, exactly, would you describe Mark's play this year? Awesome? Is there a chart where we can compare all the things that Courtney believes to be "awesome" and all the things she thinks "suck"?

Do you hate that I support keeping Shonn Greene as well? I hope you do.

If you make a sound case for Shonn Greene, I'd be titillated. If you say he should return because he's "awesome," then I'd think you're nuts and you haven't really put any thought into your opinion-gathering...as with Sanchez.

<3 you

What does this mean?

Is it? More or less impressive than Andrew Luck or RGIII, for instance? Context. Context.

Thoughtful debate is what this site was built around. Also, my charisma, and Phil's knowledge of HTML.

The term "awesome" stopped carrying weight right after 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure'.

If Tebow "sucked," then how, exactly, would you describe Mark's play this year? Awesome? Is there a chart where we can compare all the things that Courtney believes to be "awesome" and all the things she thinks "suck"?

If you make a sound case for Shonn Greene, I'd be titillated. If you say he should return because he's "awesome," then I'd think you're nuts and you haven't really put any thought into your opinion-gathering...as with Sanchez.

<3 you

Tom Shane = Courtney's sh*t List

What I like is that you aren't a Tebow-Maniac kind of fan.

Yeah, ok.

Tom apparently wants us to just sit there and brawl it out.

There's a lot of room between fawning and brawling there, Cyrano.

Next week we get to talk about McElroy so that should be a nice refreshing change.

MACK-uhl-roy

What does this mean?

<3 you

You obviously only comment on what you disagree with - which is everything I say. I can say grass is green and you'd still try to find a way to rip me. It's not worth feeding you what you're fishing for.

You obviously only comment on what you disagree with

Which is the essence of debate and all analysis and ostensibly what your podcast is built on. Der.

- which is everything I say.

I'm an engaged consumer.

I can say grass is green and you'd still try to find a way to rip me.

I'm not saying anything to be mean or derisive. I'm speaking as a sports fan who grew up listening to sports radio and media. All the things I say are meant to be constructive. I've repeatedly given you credit for having the guts to step out and do what you do. I find your work charming and sometimes provocative. When I, or JiF, criticize the podcast, it comes from an interest in seeing it improve and do well. Eventually, if you stay with it, we'll rip it for different reasons in the same way we rip Francesa. This is the nature of live performance.

It's not worth feeding you what you're fishing for.

Which is...?

courtney you know the Mark story very well. 2 questions I've been struggling with is 1) when did it all go wrong for mark and 2) how can it be fixed?

In my opinion, year three was tough, but year 4 was the official start of the downfall. Management threw not only him, but the entire team off balance. I have been saying time and time again that there is no consistancy this year. Mark had great weapons his first two years. Yes, I know a QB should be able to adjust to anything and be a game manager. The ball starts with the QB, but the QB starts with management. Coaches never let Mark throw. I feel like they had more control over Mark, and did not let him make his own decisions, which in turn, clouds his confidence - which is what we def saw this year. Not have consistant recievers - espeically experienced ones - also played a role in his lack of confidence, play reads, and poor decision making.

Basicly, management did not fully support him (que Tim Tebow), and the fans and media expected too much, too fast. Mark put the Jets back on the map his first two years. Fans saw what he could do after questioning his 16 starts at USC, and once they saw the AFC wins, they thought it could only go up from here. Fans don't allow room for error, and the New York media makes that gap even smaller.

The Jets need to support Mark (different from "coddling" him), so he can regain the confidence he once had. He'll never admit it in public, but you know he is hurting deep down. As is Rex. Mark wants to play. He loves the game. I do not see other QB's having camps during off-season. Mark shows initiative, and leadership, which is what the Jets need. Everyone feels better when they win - sometimes it's harder to come back up after falling a few times.

Archived