If Rex Got Axed, Could you see him as DC in New England?

Lizard King

Personally, I think Belichick would scoop him up before he was out the door.

I would like to see Rex in to see if he can add something to the defense (e.g. blitz package).

If, and a mighty big if, something like that was to happen, I doubt he would go as a DC. Patricia is in his first year The D has been marginally better with him as DC.

If it were to happen, I could see him coming in as Special Assistant to the HC like Capers did.

I think someone else would give him another chance at being a head coach. There could be a lot of good coaches on the market this year though.

I think so too. We bash Rex to high hell around here but I think the league views him as a good HC that could succeed in a structured environment with an offense already in place.

There was a ton of Jets talk yesterday, a bunch of analyst/ex-players talking about who's to blame, etc. The overwhelming majority made it a point to say that Rex is good HC in their analysis of where things went astray.

The overwhelming majority made it a point to say that Rex is good HC in their analysis of where things went astray.

I think his style of head coaching flames out quick because there is no discipline.

I cannot think of another franchise with so many players both former and present discussing team matters to the media.

I think his style of head coaching flames out quick because there is no discipline.

I cannot think of another franchise with so many players both former and present discussing team matters to the media.

Like I said, in a structured environment with an offense, there would be interest. I believe that. Or if a team is just looking for some personality to sell tickets, he'd provide that.

Kansas City, Rex can convince the new GM if he lets him draft Jarvis Jones, with the secondary they already have in place he can win the SB as long as they hand the ball off to J Charles every single play.

That is interesting. Living in KC area for so many years, I did not get the impression the Hunts would go for a flamboyant guy like Rex.

However, seeing the team is mired in mediocrity, Rex might be a needed change of pace to spark the fan base and the team.

Archived