• Members
  • 5,086 posts
  • LocationThe Himalayas

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Link not available to me. Flashed on phone

I smell manish bs

Edit Heres the link

http://m.nydailynews...ticle-1.1222906

Edited by BleedGreen314, 18 December 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#2 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,672 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

why would he bother asking to be released 2 weeks from the end of season?

#3 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,350 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Tim Tebow - QB - Jets

Tim Tebow reportedly feels "misled" by the Jets after they bypassed him to give the Week 16 starting job to Greg McElroy.

When the Jets traded for him, Tebow was promised that he would get a shot to play if Mark Sanchez was injured and/or ineffective. In fact, it was reported last March that Tebow chose the Jets over the Jags because he saw a clearer path to the starting job in New York. He's not the type to make waves publicly, so expect Tebow to continue to play the "good soldier" role. The Jets' trade for Tebow makes less sense with each passing week.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#4 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,350 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm 100% in agreement with Tebow's position here.

This season is over. Give the guy the start you promised him, since the circumstances dictate following through on your word.

This organization under Tanny has developed a track record of lying to players. Pretty pathetic.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#5 G.O.B.

G.O.B.

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,318 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

If this is true, one can hardly blame him.

637844091-amazing-pictures-pilot-s-jet-c

NY Jets Football: 45 Years of complete and utter incompetence.

#6 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 15,810 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

POPULAR

All I know is this, if Tim Tebow says that Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson misled him, I'm inclined to believe the guy for 2 reasons. 1) I firmly believe that he has never told a lie in his life. And 2) Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson are bad people.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#7 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,086 posts
  • LocationThe Himalayas

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

I wanna rep u guys but apparently i got a little too positive last night and maxed out. Apparently positivity has a cap around here.

I am inclined to believe he was lied to as well.

#8 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

This season is over. Give the guy the start you promised him, since the circumstances dictate following through on your word.

This organization under Tanny has developed a track record of lying to players. Pretty pathetic.

Is this a bit hyperbolic? Not snarky as I'm curious, who'd they lie to?? They told Stanton he'd be given an opportunity and they traded him promptly, which he said he's grateful for, once they got tebow. I just don't see any single player that they outright lied to.

#9 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 15,810 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Is this a bit hyperbolic? Not snarky as I'm curious, who'd they lie to??

God.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#10 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Set Tebow free

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#11 ECURB

ECURB

Throwback!

• Members
  • 30,197 posts
  • LocationOn cloud 8.5

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

This is bs, a lot has changed since they made that promise. He is a little bitch if this is true.

Posted Image

#12 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Let Tebow start. I could use the laugh.

#13 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,137 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

The circus in town will never leave-Twilight Zone
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#14 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

This is bs, a lot has changed since they made that promise. He is a little bitch if this is true.

Seriously, I doubt Tebow even asked them to define what constituted ineffective play

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#15 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

God.

Vishnu never gets any love.

Posted Image

#16 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,641 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Screw that. If the Jets fed Tebow that line of crap and you want to blast them for that, that's one thing and I won't argue that. But you don't turn around and give him the start just to make sure he doesn't feel bad. That's the same kind of bullsh*t logic that kept Sanchez as the starter to begin with. The bottom line is, the Jets already know what they have in Tebow. The entire league already knows what it has in Tebow. And it's not good. The Jets have to figure out what they have in the one guy on this roster who as least shown some semblance of being able to accurately throw a football, even if the odds are he's not what they're really looking for in a QB.

I don't blame Tebow for being pissed if that's what he was promised, but the Jets need to make the best move for their team at this point, and not worry about the feelings of a guy with one foot already out the door. Especially if the coaching staff never wanted him there to begin with.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#17 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Is this a bit hyperbolic? Not snarky as I'm curious, who'd they lie to?? They told Stanton he'd be given an opportunity and they traded him promptly, which he said he's grateful for, once they got tebow. I just don't see any single player that they outright lied to.

Both Revis and Pete Kendall made this claim. I feel like Ellis might have as well. That's just off memory.

Posted Image

#18 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,862 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Screw that. If the Jets fed Tebow that line of crap and you want to blast them for that, that's one thing and I won't argue that. But you don't turn around and give him the start just to make sure he doesn't feel bad. That's the same kind of bullsh*t logic that kept Sanchez as the starter to begin with. The bottom line is, the Jets already know what they have in Tebow. The entire league already knows what it has in Tebow. And it's not good. The Jets have to figure out what they have in the one guy on this roster who as least shown some semblance of being able to accurately throw a football, even if the odds are he's not what they're really looking for in a QB.

I don't blame Tebow for being pissed if that's what he was promised, but the Jets need to make the best move for their team at this point, and not worry about the feelings of a guy with one foot already out the door. Especially if the coaching staff never wanted him there to begin with.

F*ck yeah! I don't doubt that the Jets will be going back on their word if they start McElroy over Tebow, and I don't care. They need to find out if McElroy is worth a roster spot next year. Looks like they've decided Tebow isn't. Good for them.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#19 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Both Revis and Pete Kendall made this claim. I feel like Ellis might have as well. That's just off memory.

Geez, forgot about Kendall, I think i blocked out everything related to Adrien Clarke. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Tanny may not have promised anyone anything, but used purposefully ambiguous/vague language so it comes across like that. I do now remember there being something akin to "I was told i would be taken care of," which if Tanny is lying to players, it's just another reason to toss him to the curb. there were rumors that woody would just demote him back to his old role, but I'm not sure if anything but a purge will clear a lot of the ineptitude up.

#20 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

only news worthy story here is what took so long?

#21 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Geez, forgot about Kendall, I think i blocked out everything related to Adrien Clarke. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Tanny may not have promised anyone anything, but used purposefully ambiguous/vague language so it comes across like that. I do now remember there being something akin to "I was told i would be taken care of," which if Tanny is lying to players, it's just another reason to toss him to the curb. there were rumors that woody would just demote him back to his old role, but I'm not sure if anything but a purge will clear a lot of the ineptitude up.

Why let him manage the cap? Did you see the Sanchez extension? Do you see the cap shape we're in heading into next year?

Not only is Tanny bad at the hard part of being a GM (talent evaluation and acquisition), he's also bad at the part he was supposedly good at (Microsoft Excel).

Posted Image

#22 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

• Members
  • 15,810 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Oh man, Kendallgate. He's gotta be laughing his ass off at all of this right?

#23 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,350 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Pretty sure Derrick Mason was saying "they lied to me" when he left, there's been others. I'd have to rake my memory. I don't have any reason to make it up, Tanny's done enough to indict himself.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#24 NJ

NJ

• Members
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

F*ck yeah! I don't doubt that the Jets will be going back on their word if they start McElroy over Tebow, and I don't care. They need to find out if McElroy is worth a roster spot next year. Looks like they've decided Tebow isn't. Good for them.

Exactly. And I feel bad for Tebow who's been a model team player and deserves to play if circumstances were different, but the Jets now have 2 games and as many weeks of practice to see as much as they can in what they have with McElroy. Potentially, a lot of posturing can come out of this evaluation and even giving a couple quarters of it to Tebow would be cutting into an already too short time frame.
NATION....... JETNATION

#25 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,350 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Why let him manage the cap? Did you see the Sanchez extension? Do you see the cap shape we're in heading into next year?

Not only is Tanny bad at the hard part of being a GM (talent evaluation and acquisition), he's also bad at the part he was supposedly good at (Microsoft Excel).

Exactly.

I don't know what it is with Jets fans, we bitch and bitch to get rid of these guys over and over, and then when the prospect of them getting the boot becomes real... half the fans start second-guessing and rationalizing scenarios where we can keep the pigs to do "that one thing they were good at" when they weren't really good at it anyway.

This fanbase is SOFT.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users