Jets will attempt to trade Sanchez this offseason - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

Doesn't trading him move up some bonuses and make his actual hit more than $8.5? I don't want Tannenbaum putting more money on the books for 2014 and beyond, but I can't see taking money away.

Yes. But keep in mind you're talking to someone who - if we can't find a trading partner - is in favor of cutting him and taking the full hit so our cap is free and clear of him in 2014. So if someone is willing to help us turn $17M of dead cap space into a $14M of dead cap space, I am in favor of it.

If someone was willing to eat $5M of it, I'd throw in our 4th round pick.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I like Vick as a player...but ppl are still caught up on the dog stuff?

Correct me if Im wrong he was rarely in attendance at these dog fights and all he did was fund his buddies to run these operations and he took all of the heat for it cause of his stature.

Not that I like Vick as a player...but ppl are still caught up on the dog stuff?

Correct me if Im wrong he was rarely in attendance at these dog fights and all he did was fund his buddies to run these operations and he took all of the heat for it cause of his stature.

You are wrong. He personally tortured dogs with his own hands. His buddies may have been even more involved, but he was no bystander.

People will always be caught up on the dog stuff.

He may have served his jail time, but that doesnt mean all is forgiven in the real world.

If the Jets trade him, his cap figure becomes $8.9 million plus the amount of the salary the Jets paid. So, if they paid $6 million, the cap figure becomes $14.9, that is higher than the $12.4 they would owe if they cut him with a June 1 designation.

This sh*tbird is not getting traded...cut or eating hot dogs on our sidelines...

The dude once (at least once) killed a dog by swinging it back and forth until its bones broke and it died. He hasn't begun to do his time. Luckily he'll have an eternity to burn for it.

I obviously can't defend what he did and he's a terrible person but there are tons of terrible people in the NFL...

I've lost count of how many times some brain-damaged sportscaster - usually Simms or some other former QB who will only rarely say anything bad about any QB on any team, or like Gruden in your example - says "there was nowhere for Mark to throw the ball" only to have that blatantly refuted by the very overhead picture on the screen.

Glad someone else said this because this is exactly what I thought when reading that as well. My personal favorite was the last time Gruden did this during that game, only to have the replay show Kerley running wide open across the middle of the field as soon as he made his cut (at which point Sanchez threw the ball in the direction of the least open player on the field).

People will always be caught up on the dog stuff.

He may have served his jail time, but that doesnt mean all is forgiven in the real world.

He actually never served a single day of prison time for torturing the dogs. He was convicted of federal gambling related offenses but due to racial preference the DA in Virginia did NOT prosecute at the state level. The allocution alone was enough to convict on animal abuses charges but those were never pursued.

Not that I t think the dog stuff isn't horrible, but there's a rather simple reason before you even consider any of that as to why you wouldn't want Vick on this team: he's not a good QB.

Even in his prime, he was an absolutely awful passer who got away with it because of his running ability. Now combine that with him being older, slower, constantly hurt and even more turnover prone and I don't know why anyone would want anything to do with him.

Not that I t think the dog stuff isn't horrible, but there's a rather simple reason before you even consider any of that as to why you wouldn't want Vick on this team: he's not a good QB.

Even in his prime, he was an absolutely awful passer who got away with it because of his running ability. Now combine that with him being older, slower, constantly hurt and even more turnover prone and I don't know why anyone would want anything to do with him.

I think the idea is that he's one of the few players that would be open to a one year deal in order to show off his talents in hopes of getting one last multi-year contract from someone else, which wouldn't hurt our cap flexibility for 2014. Most of the guys that will be on the market will be looking to cash in and not settle for a one year deal. Additionally, there's also the thought that if he's kept upright, as he was in 2010, the man can be an efficient pocket-passer where he completed 63% of his passes for a 21-6 ratio. I'm not saying he's this amazing solution, I just think that as a one year rental that will allow us to simultaneously develop (or hope to develop) a potential rookie QB and GMC, there's not many better options. I won't be upset either way, I just feel given our offensive line and team, he'd have us in the playoffs both the last two years.

2013 season needs to be a season that the Jets just PUNT. Spend as much dead money as they can in order to clear room and make smart moves to be competitive again in 2015.

In order to do that, you have to get rid of Rex and Tanny, who, if they stay on will be in "survival" mode. That is the worst thing that can happen to this club.

Know that there is going to be pain, make the pain last as short as possible, move on.

The big thing in order to move is to have smart football men in place to oversee the reconstruction. Rex and Tanny are not that.

The dude once (at least once) killed a dog by swinging it back and forth until its bones broke and it died. He hasn't begun to do his time. Luckily he'll have an eternity to burn for it.

are all slaughter house employees going to hell as well? because I'm pretty sure they lead cows single file to an area where they put their heads through a hole in the wall and slit their throats. also hang sheep by their hind legs and jab their necks with 2 pronged steel death tool and let them bleed out.

what Vick did was reprehensible and he deserved what he got but why are people so forgiving when it comes to what we do with the animals that taste good?

my favorite is when a hunter goes nuts on Vick.. a HUNTER. the guy who shoots an arrow through a baby deers neck for sport.

Additionally, there's also the thought that if he's kept upright, as he was in 2010, the man can be an efficient pocket-passer where he completed 63% of his passes for a 21-6 ratio. I'm not saying he's this amazing solution, I just think that as a one year rental that will allow us to simultaneously develop (or hope to develop) a potential rookie QB and GMC, there's not many better options. I won't be upset either way, I just feel given our offensive line and team, he'd have us in the playoffs both the last two years.

Ehh... Vick's only started 16 games once in his career... I have no reason to believe he'll get less injury prone as he ages. I'm positive McElroy(or whoever would be the backup) will be starting by Week 10 2013 if Vick's brought here.

Sort of. But I think what you're searching for is that they need a trade partner with a team who is contractually locked into a player but, for team politics reasons, wants that player out of their locker room as much as the Jets want Sanchez out of ours. I really can't think of one offhand.

But if it's a player trade it doesn't have to be QB for Sanchez.

Exactly. This is what the Jets did with the Rams this year and they'd essentially be looking to do the same exact type of deal with Sanchez. The salary implications would obviously just be on a much larger scale.

It would seem the answer is in the question.

Plus, nobody has cows as house pets.

fair enough. I'm certainly not trying to defend that scumbag Vick.. just never got the national outcry when so many horrible things are done to other animals.

so it's as simple as loving animals with personality I guess. although to play devils advocate many people have Pigs as house pets.. supposedly they're great.

fair enough. I'm certainly not trying to defend that scumbag Vick.. just never got the national outcry when so many horrible things are done to other animals.

so it's as simple as loving animals with personality I guess. although to play devils advocate many people have Pigs as house pets.. supposedly they're great.

Who in the blue hell would want this guy? I think we roll with Matt Moore (or someone similiar, Hasselback maybe) and GMC. Let them battle it out for the #1 spot. Sanchize sits on the bench as the #3 eating hotdogs

But the rub there is that Moore will assuredly be looking for, and get, a multi-year deal, which is not something I think we should sign on for unless we're 100% certain he's the QB of the future. We will have a nice group of players on offense and defense come 2014, with tremendous cap flexibility, the last thing we want to do is mortgage our future just because there's no better options.

Ehh... Vick's only started 16 games once in his career... I have no reason to believe he'll get less injury prone as he ages. I'm positive McElroy(or whoever would be the backup) will be starting by Week 10 2013 if Vick's brought here.

Which I would have zero problem with. I'm operating under the assumption that they will draft a QB this year in some round, be it Bray, Glennon or whomever and have him and GMC in the fold to learn under and compete with whatever veteran we bring in. We have the defensive ability to make the playoffs with average QB play, as we've showed this year, and if we can get to 2014 without extending, reworking or signing any long-term contracts, i'll consider it a solid year.

But the rub there is that Moore will assuredly be looking for, and get, a multi-year deal, which is not something I think we should sign on for unless we're 100% certain he's the QB of the future. We will have a nice group of players on offense and defense come 2014, with tremendous cap flexibility, the last thing we want to do is mortgage our future just because there's no better options.

If Moore is looking for a long term deal I agree with you. If he is open to a 1 or 2 yr deal I am all for it

It would seem the answer is in the question.

Plus, nobody has cows as house pets.

Not positive but i think that some religion actually worship cows? or at least look at them as holy.

I also am a dog lover but, there are places that dogs are food(Vietnam) and dog fighting is an acceptable sport. Not that I think or could even stomach watching a fight but that doesnt mean that others may have a different view. It is a sad situation for sure but to say this guy is the devil is a bit narrowminded.

Cock fighting tourneys(no T0m, not your championship tummy sticks tournament) are still going on but noone is being persecuted over it. I would think that bird lovers would be up in arms over this.

Not positive but i think that some religion actually worship cows? or at least look at them as holy.

I also am a dog lover but, there are places that dogs are food(Vietnam) and dog fighting is an acceptable sport. Not that I think or could even stomach watching a fight but that doesnt mean that others may have a different view. It is a sad situation for sure but to say this guy is the devil is a bit narrowminded.

Cock fighting tourneys(no T0m, not your championship tummy sticks tournament) are still going on but noone is being persecuted over it. I would think that bird lovers would be up in arms over this.

Well the location undoubtedly plays a huge factor in it, as there is very different views on each animal depending on where you are. That said, in America there are really two factors that form people's opinions more than anything: cuteness and taste. Consider that of all of the animals out there which are considered normally acceptable food in this country, the one meat that has far and away the most controversy surrounding it is veal, which is largely based around the fact that it comes from calves (the other issue obviously being the treatment of the calves, but most of those same people don't seem particularly concerned with the treatment of the ugly/older animals). That said, it's also amazingly delicious, which is what keeps it as popular as it is despite lots of people having issues with it.

In the end, when it comes to dogs in this country, lots of people have a great deal of love for them, while there is also nothing that would be considered an acceptable reason for their killing (e.g., food). Combine those factors and some of the pretty awful stories that came out in the process of all of this and you end up with the Vick situation. It's all emotion driven and with even realizing this myself, I still think he's a scumbag who earned the hate he gets.

Archived