Jets will attempt to trade Sanchez this offseason - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so let's think this thru, they'd be paying 5+ mil to Sanchez to be on another team (or 8.25 to sit the bench) and another 5-7 mil to Vick to play for the Jets. That's a ton of money to spend on shiesty QB's.

If it's only a short term commitment who cares though? It's not like Aaron Rodgers is walking in the door next season. What other QB are you going to sign who is as good as a healthy Vick?

When do we not agree?

it was an ugly qualifier. WE always agree.

PFT actually does a good job of breaking down the cap ram of a trade. 14 mil cap hit, 5+ mil in money to sanchez. ouch.

A trade makes the most sense. Apart from the face-saving value of getting something in return for the fifth overall pick in the 2009 draft, trading Sanchez would reduce both the cap charge and the cash expenditure. As it stands, Sanchez is due to earn a base salary of $8.25 million in 2013, along with a workout bonus of $500,000. Since the base salary is fully guaranteed, the Jets will owe Sanchez the full $8.25 million even if he’s cut, with no offset even if he signs elsewhere.

The goal will be to try to persuade a new team to shoulder a portion of the financial burden. Mehta believes the limit for a trade partner will be in the range of $3 million.

Under our analysis of the potential cap hits from keeping, cutting, or trading Sanchez, trading him before June 1 to a team that would pay him $3 million in 2013 would still result in a cap charge of more than $14 million, which is more than the cap hit that would come from cutting Sanchez.

It’s also more than 10 percent of the total 2013 cap for a guy who wouldn’t even be on the team.

what a great article. Good thing we have professionals covering this team.

any bozo here could say they'll try to trade sanchez

any bozo here could say they would want vick.

its all worthless crap to get headlines and people talking about his stupid article.

Why waste time debating and discussing. Nothing's going to matter until we see who is GM and coach.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've been advocating this move for a couple months now. Sign Vick to a one year deal, which is good for him as it allows him to showcase himself in order to earn that potential last big contract and it allows us not to mortgage the future, while still getting some entertaining football to watch. We're not winning anything next year, why not draft a QB, let him and McElroy battle it out as to who is #2 and let Vick ride the year out. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle, but more likely we are a middle of the road team with the chance for the playoffs. Vick's not the answer by any means, but I guarantee we make the playoffs this year with him instead of sanchez. As long as we come out of this off-season without restructuring any contracts and signing anyone else long term, I really don't care what happens.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've been advocating this move for a couple months now. Sign Vick to a one year deal, which is good for him as it allows him to showcase himself in order to earn that potential last big contract and it allows us not to mortgage the future, while still getting some entertaining football to watch. We're not winning anything next year, why not draft a QB, let him and McElroy battle it out as to who is #2 and let Vick ride the year out. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle, but more likely we are a middle of the road team with the chance for the playoffs. Vick's not the answer by any means, but I guarantee we make the playoffs this year with him instead of sanchez. As long as we come out of this off-season without restructuring any contracts and signing anyone else long term, I really don't care what happens.

Completely agree. I don't see the downside. They have to start bringing in guys who can make plays in the draft though.

Oh boy. I mean, no one would be worse than Sanchez.... but a 33 year old Mike Vick without Shady McCoy and DeSean Jackson? That would be disastrous.

It's by no means ideal, I'm just not sure there are many QBs who are open to a one year incentive-laden deal, whereas I think Vick might be. If Vick is given a clear path to be a starter, I think he'll play for a one year contract in order to hopefully get his last multi-year deal. It works out for us in that we don't ruin the cap flexibility that we'll have come 2014 and we possibly get to see some entertaining football. The absolute last thing I want Tanny or anyone to do is restructure contracts or give others out that will push sh*t purgatorial sh*thole beyond next year. If signing Vick to a one year deal allows that to happen, the I'm on board.

Why all the vick hate? The Dog thing? He did his time...

And all the lovely half-drowned electrocuted dogs came back to life and lived joyously ever after. The sick and starved were healed and fattened. The vicious and mutilated were given anger management therapy and plastic surgery. And all was right once Ron Mexico was cured of herpes. Someone please stop this team from its own foolish stupidity and ugliness. I just can't justify rooting for them much longer. It's excruciating.

Why all the vick hate? The Dog thing? He did his time...

Yes, It's the Dog thing. Vick is a thug turd. If he is the QB of the Jets, I will root for him to get maimed every play. POS.

He did his time, huh? He should have been hung like he hung the dogs he had. Nothing worse than an a$$hole that would hurt and kill a defenseless animal to priove his manhood in front of other dirtbag a$$holes. Blood lusting thug turd. Nothing more.

on this we agree. Vick suffered more than 1 concussion this year and he has a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long.

all this is moot cause the trade market for Sanchez is non-existent.

But can he tap the ball five times in the midst of a triple pump fake?

Forgetting the dog thing our biggest problem is turnovers, the only thing preventing him from competing with Mark for the league lead is injuries.

No, forget the turnovers. If he scored a touchdown every time he touched the ball, I would still not want him on my team. He is a pos thug wanna be. The only diference between him and the drug dealing dog fighting dirtbags is that he could run fast and throw a football.

Mangini was right. Character matters. Vick has none.

Look, at the end of the day, football is just a sport. If we are willing to sell our souls to root for a dirt bag like Vick, just to win "A Super Bowl", then we have not learned anything from the recent tragedy in Conn.

The world of football, although a big business, is entertainment. It is not real life. Killing and maiming dogs to stroke your own ego is real life. Too real. A sad sad reality. I have had to put dogs down, due to illness and old age. It is not pretty to see life exit an animal that you love. To do this for sport, to be a big man... That is not a man I could EVER root for.

If this is what it takes to root for the team that I have loved for over 40 years, I want no part of it.

Maybe Pete Carol actually wants Sanchez as a back-up/project behind Wilson. How do Sanchez's and Flynn's contracts match up, if at all?

Flynn's is bigger. And too bad Mangini isn't still in Cleveland. I am sure he'd help us out by taking Sanchez and alleviating some of the financial burden as well. Good guy like that.

No, forget the turnovers. If he scored a touchdown every time he touched the ball, I would still not want him on my team. He is a pos thug wanna be. The only diference between him and the drug dealing dog fighting dirtbags is that he could run fast and throw a football.

Mangini was right. Character matters. Vick has none.

Look, at the end of the day, football is just a sport. If we are willing to sell our souls to root for a dirt bag like Vick, just to win "A Super Bowl", then we have not learned anything from the recent tragedy in Conn.

The world of football, although a big business, is entertainment. It is not real life. Killing and maiming dogs to stroke your own ego is real life. Too real. A sad sad reality. I have had to put dogs down, due to illness and old age. It is not pretty to see life exit an animal that you love. To do this for sport, to be a big man... That is not a man I could EVER root for.

If this is what it takes to root for the team that I have loved for over 40 years, I want no part of it.

Nothing you say is wrong but i guess i just dont feel as strongly as you do towards animal abuse. I no way condone it or want a part of it but as far as bringing in a football player to play its whatever. He doesnt seem like a bad enough guy in the locker room and really I watch the games and could care less about what they do off the field. If they wanna do something stupid and get arrested (like vick) fine but until that time i dont see the problem with him playing for the jets or any pther teams.

but to get to vick signing. Allegedly he said if he was guaranteed starting job and was paid as much as sanchez (to show he would be considered starter) he would love to be on the jets. DUH sanchez is overpaid and vick is benched right now of course he would want to start and get paid a lot of money lol

Seriously.

So far the book on Rex's talent evaluation is this:

1. BOOM! Look at that one hit that John Conner put on a guy during a kick return, let's draft him.

2. WOW!! Look at what Santonio did in the SuperBowl 3 years ago when the Steelers didn't hate him, and he had a GREAT quarterback extending plays and throwing the ball to him.

3. HOLY COW!!! Plaxico is out of jail? He was excellent 4 years ago, I watched 5 minutes of tape.

Dude has done nothing but collect dimwitted, selfish, undisciplined players - some of which are athletes that don't understand football - and the other are just thug turds.

So this makes perfect sense.

I don't think I've seen anyone so bad at evaluating talent beyond the DL.

Rex isn't even a good DC, he's a good DL coach... and he has the my players need to love me mentality of a position coach. Imparts no fear. He's the cool dad.

I hate this ****ing guy. He's exactly who I feared he was when he came here. Ugh.

Add Derrick Mason to your list and there you have it.

If Vick comes to New York he will be the cherry on top of Ryans sh!t cake.

No worries. McElroy will prove to be the future.

*cries*

No QB will prove anything on this team with the current cast of characters. Micheal Vick can't even produce in Philly while surrounded by talent what makes anyone think he can do it here with practice squad rejects ?

Archived