• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#26 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Slightly. He's also fragile and a felon. He's not a long term answer and he isn't coming cheap or on a one year deal and that's what they'll need before they draft another "franchise" quarterback.

I don't want to commit out year cap space to him but as a one year flyer, why not? You'd rather have Matt Moore?
Tank for Teddy.

#27 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Anyone know the real cap situation? If Sanchez is only a 3 million hit to the team that trades for him they could find a taker.

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 19 December 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#28 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

If the "plan" is seriously to take a $17 million dollar hit on Sanchez only to replace him with a punch-drunk Michael Vick, then this will officially become the worst iteration of the New York Jets to ever exist.

Tannenbaum cannot be allowed to see this through.

on this we agree. Vick suffered more than 1 concussion this year and he has a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long.

all this is moot cause the trade market for Sanchez is non-existent.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#29 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

on this we agree. Vick suffered more than 1 concussion this year and he has a bad habit of holding on to the ball too long.

Not if it's only a 3 million dollar hit.
Tank for Teddy.

#30 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I can see Vick signing. I don't see Sanchez being traded to any1. And it opens the door for Vick's injury to be the return of Sanchez. It's got Tanny's last stand written all over it.

#31 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I can see Vick signing. I don't see Sanchez being traded to any1. And it opens the door for Vick's injury to be the return of Sanchez. It's got Tanny's last stand written all over it.

If you put Vick with Kerley, Edwards and Hill and draft a guy like Travon Austin and a speed back, that could be a respectable offense. Not great, but not 2012.
Tank for Teddy.

#32 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Dude, honestly, they're not winning it all next year.

The Jets with Vick might actually be fun to watch, if nothing else... When was the last time you could say that?

I think Vick is brain dead at this point. The beatings he's taken with the Eagles has been ungodly. The second game against the Giants last year, I really thought there was a chance Vick was going to die. I agree that 2013 will suck anyway, but I'd rather see them give a few starts to a mid-round rookie QB than waste time on a washed-up vet.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#33 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

I think Vick is brain dead at this point. The beatings he's taken with the Eagles has been ungodly. The second game against the Giants last year, I really thought there was a chance Vick was going to die. I agree that 2013 will suck anyway, but I'd rather see them give a few starts to a mid-round rookie QB than waste time on a washed-up vet.

He's not really washed up. He's good when he has time.
Tank for Teddy.

#34 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

so let's think this thru, they'd be paying 5+ mil to Sanchez to be on another team (or 8.25 to sit the bench) and another 5-7 mil to Vick to play for the Jets. That's a ton of money to spend on shiesty QB's.

#35 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

When do we not agree?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#36 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

so let's think this thru, they'd be paying 5+ mil to Sanchez to be on another team (or 8.25 to sit the bench) and another 5-7 mil to Vick to play for the Jets. That's a ton of money to spend on shiesty QB's.

If it's only a short term commitment who cares though? It's not like Aaron Rodgers is walking in the door next season. What other QB are you going to sign who is as good as a healthy Vick?
Tank for Teddy.

#37 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,394 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

See I told you they needed to dump Sanchez. ;-)
Posted Image

#38 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

He's not really washed up. He's good when he has time.

I think the inside of Vick's brain looks and sounds similar to a game of Angry Birds being played by someone having a stroke on a Tilt-a-Whirl.

#39 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

See I told you they needed to dump Sanchez. ;-)

I had no idea it was that small a hit to the trading team. That changes everything. You really need an accounting degree to understand the cap. In fact I have an accounting degree and I don't understand it haha.
Tank for Teddy.

#40 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

When do we not agree?

it was an ugly qualifier. WE always agree.

PFT actually does a good job of breaking down the cap ram of a trade. 14 mil cap hit, 5+ mil in money to sanchez. ouch.

A trade makes the most sense. Apart from the face-saving value of getting something in return for the fifth overall pick in the 2009 draft, trading Sanchez would reduce both the cap charge and the cash expenditure. As it stands, Sanchez is due to earn a base salary of $8.25 million in 2013, along with a workout bonus of $500,000. Since the base salary is fully guaranteed, the Jets will owe Sanchez the full $8.25 million even if he’s cut, with no offset even if he signs elsewhere.
The goal will be to try to persuade a new team to shoulder a portion of the financial burden. Mehta believes the limit for a trade partner will be in the range of $3 million.
Under our analysis of the potential cap hits from keeping, cutting, or trading Sanchez, trading him before June 1 to a team that would pay him $3 million in 2013 would still result in a cap charge of more than $14 million, which is more than the cap hit that would come from cutting Sanchez.
It’s also more than 10 percent of the total 2013 cap for a guy who wouldn’t even be on the team.

Edited by bitonti, 19 December 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#41 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

it was an ugly qualifier. WE always agree.

PFT actually does a good job of breaking down the cap ram of a trade. 14 mil cap hit, 5+ mil in money to sanchez. ouch.
[/size][/font][/color]

He might restructure for a trade if he can go play somewhere else rather than hold a clipboard here.
Tank for Teddy.

#42 Drums

Drums

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I will cry if we sign Vick.

#43 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Why all the vick hate? The Dog thing? He did his time...
Tank for Teddy.

#44 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Dude, honestly, they're not winning it all next year.

The Jets with Vick might actually be fun to watch, if nothing else... When was the last time you could say that?

This year was fun in its own strange way.. We'll certainly never forget it.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#45 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,663 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

what a great article. Good thing we have professionals covering this team.

any bozo here could say they'll try to trade sanchez

any bozo here could say they would want vick.

its all worthless crap to get headlines and people talking about his stupid article.

Why waste time debating and discussing. Nothing's going to matter until we see who is GM and coach.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#46 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

if they cut sanchez they can take the 8mil. and break it down in 2 years in other words 4mil 2013 4 mil 2014 wow they need him to agree to redo his contract

#47 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

If the Jets play their cards right I am confident they will be able to come to some type of "buyout" with Sanchez.

There is more at stake than just the $$ and I think Sanchez would take less to have some say in his final destination.

#48 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,313 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm probably in the minority, but I've been advocating this move for a couple months now. Sign Vick to a one year deal, which is good for him as it allows him to showcase himself in order to earn that potential last big contract and it allows us not to mortgage the future, while still getting some entertaining football to watch. We're not winning anything next year, why not draft a QB, let him and McElroy battle it out as to who is #2 and let Vick ride the year out. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle, but more likely we are a middle of the road team with the chance for the playoffs. Vick's not the answer by any means, but I guarantee we make the playoffs this year with him instead of sanchez. As long as we come out of this off-season without restructuring any contracts and signing anyone else long term, I really don't care what happens.

#49 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'm probably in the minority, but I've been advocating this move for a couple months now. Sign Vick to a one year deal, which is good for him as it allows him to showcase himself in order to earn that potential last big contract and it allows us not to mortgage the future, while still getting some entertaining football to watch. We're not winning anything next year, why not draft a QB, let him and McElroy battle it out as to who is #2 and let Vick ride the year out. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle, but more likely we are a middle of the road team with the chance for the playoffs. Vick's not the answer by any means, but I guarantee we make the playoffs this year with him instead of sanchez. As long as we come out of this off-season without restructuring any contracts and signing anyone else long term, I really don't care what happens.

Completely agree. I don't see the downside. They have to start bringing in guys who can make plays in the draft though.
Tank for Teddy.

#50 Skeet Ulrich

Skeet Ulrich

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Oh boy. I mean, no one would be worse than Sanchez.... but a 33 year old Mike Vick without Shady McCoy and DeSean Jackson? That would be disastrous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users