Mark Sanchez vs. Eli Manning Through First 4 Seasons: Stats Matchup Shows Equals

alanh

A great article on how Mark Sanchez is equal to Eli Manning at this stage of his career and why Ryan is making a huge mistake by not starting him:

http://bleacherrepor...hup-show-equals

Go JETS!

Alan

so let me understand this article...

The Jets are stupid for benching Sanchez because his stats are similar to Eli-Face over the first 4 years of his career.

Then he goes and says the reason he sucks is because of his lack of quality receivers and the jets need to surround him with better receivers.

Then he continues and says the Jets need to give him another year to prove himself, even though this year followed up a bad year last year.

Obviously the writer is blind because there is no way in hell he could have actually seen a football game with Sanchez playing. He's a terrible QB who has terrible decision making skills and no feel or understanding for the game.

Ignoring for a second the facts that this is not true at all and that Eli won a Super Bowl in his 4th year, at least it's a totally unique comparison we've never heard made before.

It's also nice to know the OP was so impressed with the bleacher report article that he wrote himself.

I was stunned it wasnt a slide show.

you know, if Sanchez had shown us anything this year...literally ANYTHING...I could be more forgiving. if he had a couple of stretches where he was pretty good, then stretches where he wasn't, you could say he needed coaching or better tools or whatever. but he's shown us nothing. every time he had the opportunity to prove he was the man, he failed miserably. I mean, the turnovers alone were practically written in. you always knew when he was going to throw into triple coverage off his back foot or fumble the ball when he got hit. you just knew.

and somehow he's getting worse, not better.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when this year started but you have to be kidding me at this point. You can't fix stupid and he makes some of the dumbest mistakes you'll ever see from a 50+ game starter in the NFL.

Hell, 2 games ago, he was in the redzone... on like the 10. Corners were double covering one of our receivers (why, who knows?) and there was even safety help up top - in other words triple coverage. Given that information alone, how do you not throw a touchdown on that play? There's got to be at least 1 if not 2 receivers wide open. But no, he threw it away.

• 1 year later...

Archived