•  

Photo
- - - - -

Mark Sanchez vs. Eli Manning Through First 4 Seasons: Stats Matchup Shows Equals

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 alanh

alanh

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

A great article on how Mark Sanchez is equal to Eli Manning at this stage of his career and why Ryan is making a huge mistake by not starting him:

http://bleacherrepor...hup-show-equals

Go JETS!

Alan

#2 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#3 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

I used to think that. This year has shown anyone who has watched him play QB that he is not good...Sorry, I really wanted him to hit his stride this year but it didnt happen. In fact, he cost us a year of our fandom.

#4 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,230 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Stats are always misleading. When Mark has two Super Bowl rings come back and talk to me
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#5 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,119 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

A great article on how Mark Sanchez is equal to Eli Manning at this stage of his career and why Ryan is making a huge mistake by not starting him:

Go JETS!

Alan

Santa is that you?

#6 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,760 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Manning is taller.
Posted Image

#7 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,939 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

POPULAR

Manning is taller.

Only because he has the extra 2" of Manning forehead.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#8 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,725 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Go JETS!

Alan

so let me understand this article...

The Jets are stupid for benching Sanchez because his stats are similar to Eli-Face over the first 4 years of his career.

Then he goes and says the reason he sucks is because of his lack of quality receivers and the jets need to surround him with better receivers.

Then he continues and says the Jets need to give him another year to prove himself, even though this year followed up a bad year last year.

Obviously the writer is blind because there is no way in hell he could have actually seen a football game with Sanchez playing. He's a terrible QB who has terrible decision making skills and no feel or understanding for the game.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#9 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Ignoring for a second the facts that this is not true at all and that Eli won a Super Bowl in his 4th year, at least it's a totally unique comparison we've never heard made before.

It's also nice to know the OP was so impressed with the bleacher report article that he wrote himself.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#10 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

33rd in passer rating
32nd in comp %
30th in yds per attempt

He just needs more time

#11 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,725 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Ignoring for a second the facts that this is not true at all and that Eli won a Super Bowl in his 4th year, at least it's a totally unique comparison we've never heard made before.

It's also nice to know the OP was so impressed with the bleacher report article that he wrote himself.

I was stunned it wasnt a slide show.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#12 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,725 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

33rd in passer rating
32nd in comp %
30th in yds per attempt

He just needs more time

He needs better receivers! Its all the receivers fault! Give him Walker, Toon, Chrebet, Johnson, and Schuler and he'll be the next MANNING!!!

Edited by Lil Bit Special, 20 December 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#13 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Top Ten Mark Sanchez Poutyfaces

Top Ten Mark Sanchez Pick-6s

Top One Hundred Mark Sanchez Passes That Got His Receiver Killed

Top One Thousand People Who Are Letting Mark Sanchez Down And Keeping Him From Being Elite

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#14 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

To be honest, I wouldn't have known if it was. I clicked on the link and was just there long enough to look at the author's name and confirm what already seemed rather apparent.

#15 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Top Ten Mark Sanchez Pick-6s

Man, that would be a tough one to narrow down to so few.

#16 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,045 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#17 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

We really do need to wait to compare his fifth season to Eli's, then we'll truly know what we have, because you know, Eli Manning's career is the one by which ALL future NFL quarterbacks should be measured. Give them ALL five years under the Eli test before rushing to judgement.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 20 December 2012 - 10:24 AM.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#18 NJ

NJ

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image
NATION....... JETNATION

#19 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Go JETS!

Alan

DId you really post an article you wrote on bleacher report and then add the descriptor, "a great article"?

Posted Image

#20 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Go JETS!

Alan

Can you self-nominate for a Pulitzer? I just authored a dump that is worthy of consideration.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#21 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Not that this comparison matters in the least, but I like how a +13 TD/INT Ratio is considered the same as a 1:1 Ratio.

Posted Image

#22 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Similar can be so misleading!

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,113 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

NEW PLAN: we trade Mark for Eli, telling the Giants that they're the same player, but Mark's younger so we should get a 3rd rounder to boot.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#24 TehFalcon63

TehFalcon63

Rookie Free Agent

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Stop with these bullsh*t comparisons. Sanchez is NOT Eli. GET OVER IT!
START MATT SIMMS!

#25 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,141 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

you know, if Sanchez had shown us anything this year...literally ANYTHING...I could be more forgiving. if he had a couple of stretches where he was pretty good, then stretches where he wasn't, you could say he needed coaching or better tools or whatever. but he's shown us nothing. every time he had the opportunity to prove he was the man, he failed miserably. I mean, the turnovers alone were practically written in. you always knew when he was going to throw into triple coverage off his back foot or fumble the ball when he got hit. you just knew.

and somehow he's getting worse, not better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users