40 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Shroy

Ken Shroy

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • LocationLong Island - Florida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Norv Turner, the embattled Chargers coach, left the door open to taking an offensive coordinator position with another team if he is fired by San Diego (5-9) after the season. “People that know me, know I’m a coach,” Turner said. “I like to coach. I’d love to continue to coach, no question.”

Turner, 60, also said he has a solid relationship with Ryan, who may be in the market for a coordinator if Tony Sparano is fired. “I think Rex knows the respect I have for him,” Turner said.

Well it sounds like he is interested.....

#2 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,205 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

POPULAR

Norv Turner = OC

Rex = DC

Now all we need is a grown up to be the head coach.

#3 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 892 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

he is a terrible HC but not bad OC

#4 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,074 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Perfect fit. The Jets expose all frauds.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#5 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,891 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Bring him in. Keep Sanchez. Look at what he's done for Phil Rivers.
Posted Image

#6 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,483 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

This is pure window-dressing until and unless we replace Tannenbaum with someone who can actually scout quarterbacks.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#7 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,281 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

someone who can actually scout quarterbacks.

Posted Image
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#8 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,483 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#9 peebag

peebag

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Norv Turner = OC

Rex = DC

Now all we need is a quaterback.

fixed.

#10 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Posted Image

i thought he liked sanchez

#11 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 29,205 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

fixed.

Thank you

#12 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,904 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Norv Turner = OC

Rex = DC

Now all we need is a grown up to be the head coach.

Indeed. Oh, a quarterback can't hurt

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#13 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 29,205 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Indeed. Oh, a quarterback can't hurt

I was talking about the coaching staff.

#14 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ryan Nassib is 'wired right' for QB position
Posted Image

One NFL scout told CBS Sports' Rob Rang that Syracuse senior QB Ryan Nassib "just seems like he's wired right for the position."
The scout thinks that is uncommon among this year's group of quarterbacks. He adds that Nassib is "just tall enough and has a rocket for an arm" while remaining "a little rough around the edges." A second day selection could absolutely be in Nassib's future.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#15 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,463 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

Not really but would get the back pages talking.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#16 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,463 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Ryan Nassib is 'wired right' for QB position
Posted Image

One NFL scout told CBS Sports' Rob Rang that Syracuse senior QB Ryan Nassib "just seems like he's wired right for the position."
The scout thinks that is uncommon among this year's group of quarterbacks. He adds that Nassib is "just tall enough and has a rocket for an arm" while remaining "a little rough around the edges." A second day selection could absolutely be in Nassib's future.

Just asked about him in the draft forum...anyone put eyeballs on him this past season?

#17 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,775 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Just asked about him in the draft forum...anyone put eyeballs on him this past season?

he's hot and cold. Definitely flashes but also makes questionable throws. 2nd day means 2nd-3rd round which is probably where he will go. that being said it's not historically a great strategy to look to those rounds for a QB. for every Russell Wilson there are a half dozen Kellen Clemens

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#18 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,463 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

he's hot and cold. Definitely flashes but also makes questionable throws. 2nd day means 2nd-3rd round which is probably where he will go. that being said it's not historically a great strategy to look to those rounds for a QB. for every Russell Wilson there are a half dozen Kellen Clemens

Thanks for the perspective...we just need to find one...right now I just want a serviceable QB...him having a big arm would help...

#19 gangreenman

gangreenman

The Gamethread/chat Guy

• Members
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

He ran the shotgun/spread offense mostly with Syracuse the past two years. Don't see him as a great fit in the Jets scheme. Pretty good when the offense is spread out and he is throwing quick hitters. Not sure I would trust him to be threading the needle and making great decisions under pressure which is what a QB needs to be able to do in the Jets 2 WR G&P Scheme....
Posted Image

They asked what I was going to do in the off-season and I was like 'What do you mean, off-season?' Im going to be at the facility...thats my new home." - Mark Sanchez

#20 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Well if Mac sh*ts the bed these last 2 games, maybe the Jets should just take a QB in each of the 1st three rounds of the draft, after cutting Sanchez, Tebow, and Mac! Then follow that with 2 WR's, a RB, and a OLmen!

Figure 3 gives you better odds lol, but with this teams QB history half serious.

Edit

2nd, 3rd, and 4th round, Nassib, L Jones, and a read option prospect with an arm, if there are any.

Edited by Lupz27, 21 December 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#21 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,214 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Enough with the midget QBs.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#22 Jet27

Jet27

Alpha & Omega

• Members
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

Norv Turner, the embattled Chargers coach, left the door open to taking an offensive coordinator position with another team if he is fired by San Diego (5-9) after the season. “People that know me, know I’m a coach,” Turner said. “I like to coach. I’d love to continue to coach, no question.”

Turner, 60, also said he has a solid relationship with Ryan, who may be in the market for a coordinator if Tony Sparano is fired. “I think Rex knows the respect I have for him,” Turner said.

Norv would be a great OC for us.........now we need to see what we have in GMAC.......my feeling is Vick will be here in 2013 with GMAC backing up.....hold on to your seats guys.........

#23 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,296 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

If Jets dont get a high profile new GM, Rex stays. If they do he is 100% gone.
If Rex stays this is probably what Jets will do. Give the OC job to a proven OC and a veteran HC cause its obvious Rex just doesnt pay attention to the Offensive side of ball.
It would be like two Head Coaches. 1 for O, 1 for D, with Rex having the tiebreaker.

Edited by SouthernJet, 21 December 2012 - 08:43 AM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#24 Drums

Drums

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

If Jets dont get a high profile new GM, Rex stays. If they do he is 100% gone.
If Rex stays this is probably what Jets will do. Give the OC job to a proven OC and a veteran HC cause its obvious Rex just doesnt pay attention to the Offensive side of ball.
It would be like two Head Coaches. 1 for O, 1 for D, with Rex having the tiebreaker.

It's not that he doesn't pay attention.. he just doesn't know. He has a defensive mind. We need to bring someone in that knows offense and can take over. Someone serious.

#25 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,296 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

It's not that he doesn't pay attention.. he just doesn't know. He has a defensive mind. We need to bring someone in that knows offense and can take over. Someone serious.

You always have a HC who sits on one side of ball. But true HC's ,Chuck Noll, Lombardi, etc etc etc show ability to intervene or kick ass or bench folks when needed on other side of ball they are familiar with.
Rex IMHO gave too much authority to his OC's. I want a good OC but a STRONG HC who can intervene/over-ride when needed.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users