Is Norv Interested in the JETS ?

Ken Schroy

Norv Turner, the embattled Chargers coach, left the door open to taking an offensive coordinator position with another team if he is fired by San Diego (5-9) after the season. “People that know me, know I’m a coach,” Turner said. “I like to coach. I’d love to continue to coach, no question.”

Turner, 60, also said he has a solid relationship with Ryan, who may be in the market for a coordinator if Tony Sparano is fired. “I think Rex knows the respect I have for him,” Turner said.

Well it sounds like he is interested.....

Ryan Nassib is 'wired right' for QB position

130325.jpg

One NFL scout told CBS Sports' Rob Rang that Syracuse senior QB Ryan Nassib "just seems like he's wired right for the position."

The scout thinks that is uncommon among this year's group of quarterbacks. He adds that Nassib is "just tall enough and has a rocket for an arm" while remaining "a little rough around the edges." A second day selection could absolutely be in Nassib's future.

Ryan Nassib is 'wired right' for QB position

130325.jpg

One NFL scout told CBS Sports' Rob Rang that Syracuse senior QB Ryan Nassib "just seems like he's wired right for the position."

The scout thinks that is uncommon among this year's group of quarterbacks. He adds that Nassib is "just tall enough and has a rocket for an arm" while remaining "a little rough around the edges." A second day selection could absolutely be in Nassib's future.

Just asked about him in the draft forum...anyone put eyeballs on him this past season?

Just asked about him in the draft forum...anyone put eyeballs on him this past season?

he's hot and cold. Definitely flashes but also makes questionable throws. 2nd day means 2nd-3rd round which is probably where he will go. that being said it's not historically a great strategy to look to those rounds for a QB. for every Russell Wilson there are a half dozen Kellen Clemens

he's hot and cold. Definitely flashes but also makes questionable throws. 2nd day means 2nd-3rd round which is probably where he will go. that being said it's not historically a great strategy to look to those rounds for a QB. for every Russell Wilson there are a half dozen Kellen Clemens

Thanks for the perspective...we just need to find one...right now I just want a serviceable QB...him having a big arm would help...

He ran the shotgun/spread offense mostly with Syracuse the past two years. Don't see him as a great fit in the Jets scheme. Pretty good when the offense is spread out and he is throwing quick hitters. Not sure I would trust him to be threading the needle and making great decisions under pressure which is what a QB needs to be able to do in the Jets 2 WR G&P Scheme....

Well if Mac sh*ts the bed these last 2 games, maybe the Jets should just take a QB in each of the 1st three rounds of the draft, after cutting Sanchez, Tebow, and Mac! Then follow that with 2 WR's, a RB, and a OLmen!

Figure 3 gives you better odds lol, but with this teams QB history half serious.

Edit

2nd, 3rd, and 4th round, Nassib, L Jones, and a read option prospect with an arm, if there are any.

Norv Turner, the embattled Chargers coach, left the door open to taking an offensive coordinator position with another team if he is fired by San Diego (5-9) after the season. “People that know me, know I’m a coach,” Turner said. “I like to coach. I’d love to continue to coach, no question.”

Turner, 60, also said he has a solid relationship with Ryan, who may be in the market for a coordinator if Tony Sparano is fired. “I think Rex knows the respect I have for him,” Turner said.

Norv would be a great OC for us.........now we need to see what we have in GMAC.......my feeling is Vick will be here in 2013 with GMAC backing up.....hold on to your seats guys.........

If Jets dont get a high profile new GM, Rex stays. If they do he is 100% gone.

If Rex stays this is probably what Jets will do. Give the OC job to a proven OC and a veteran HC cause its obvious Rex just doesnt pay attention to the Offensive side of ball.

It would be like two Head Coaches. 1 for O, 1 for D, with Rex having the tiebreaker.

If Jets dont get a high profile new GM, Rex stays. If they do he is 100% gone.

If Rex stays this is probably what Jets will do. Give the OC job to a proven OC and a veteran HC cause its obvious Rex just doesnt pay attention to the Offensive side of ball.

It would be like two Head Coaches. 1 for O, 1 for D, with Rex having the tiebreaker.

It's not that he doesn't pay attention.. he just doesn't know. He has a defensive mind. We need to bring someone in that knows offense and can take over. Someone serious.

It's not that he doesn't pay attention.. he just doesn't know. He has a defensive mind. We need to bring someone in that knows offense and can take over. Someone serious.

You always have a HC who sits on one side of ball. But true HC's ,Chuck Noll, Lombardi, etc etc etc show ability to intervene or kick ass or bench folks when needed on other side of ball they are familiar with.

Rex IMHO gave too much authority to his OC's. I want a good OC but a STRONG HC who can intervene/over-ride when needed.

it'd rather have a defensive mastermind who doesn't know the offense than a jack of all trades master of none.

I dont disagree at all. I just want a HC who has balls to step in when things dont 'feel' right. I think Rex didnt want to step on assistants toes even though it was warranted.

I dont disagree at all. I just want a HC who has balls to step in when things dont 'feel' right. I think Rex didnt want to step on assistants toes even though it was warranted.

Agree with that and it does go back to Rex, who hired Sparano. A strong move would be to admit the mistake and move on right away. For a while i think Rex was giving Sparano a chance to play himself out of the sand trap. Sanchez too. But it's time to pick up the ball, so to speak.

You always have a HC who sits on one side of ball. But true HC's ,Chuck Noll, Lombardi, etc etc etc show ability to intervene or kick ass or bench folks when needed on other side of ball they are familiar with.

Rex IMHO gave too much authority to his OC's. I want a good OC but a STRONG HC who can intervene/over-ride when needed.

That's all well and good, but that was supposed to be the case with Sparano. He was a motivator and a guy that had been a head coach. There were tons of stories about his "control" in the spring and summer before he scored zero TDs in the preseason. We can hope that it was all on Sanchez. It's all we can do.

Well Sanchez is definitely a problem, thinking that the malaise of this entire team is because of him, would be whistling in the dark.

Funny you chose that phrasing. While Sanchez obviously isn't the cause of all our ills, I think he IS responsible for the malaise. Giving this team some life might go a long way towards righting the ship.

Funny you chose that phrasing. While Sanchez obviously isn't the cause of all our ills, I think he IS responsible for the malaise. Giving this team some life might go a long way towards righting the ship.

That means we should finish 2-0. And..........just miss the playoffs.

So close to the SB is this team

Archived