• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,518 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Rex IMHO gave too much authority to his OC's. I want a good OC but a STRONG HC who can intervene/over-ride when needed.

it'd rather have a defensive mastermind who doesn't know the offense than a jack of all trades master of none.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#27 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 30,546 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

it'd rather have a defensive mastermind who doesn't know the offense than a jack of all trades master of none.

I dont disagree at all. I just want a HC who has balls to step in when things dont 'feel' right. I think Rex didnt want to step on assistants toes even though it was warranted.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#28 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,518 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I dont disagree at all. I just want a HC who has balls to step in when things dont 'feel' right. I think Rex didnt want to step on assistants toes even though it was warranted.

Agree with that and it does go back to Rex, who hired Sparano. A strong move would be to admit the mistake and move on right away. For a while i think Rex was giving Sparano a chance to play himself out of the sand trap. Sanchez too. But it's time to pick up the ball, so to speak.

#29 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,389 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

You always have a HC who sits on one side of ball. But true HC's ,Chuck Noll, Lombardi, etc etc etc show ability to intervene or kick ass or bench folks when needed on other side of ball they are familiar with.
Rex IMHO gave too much authority to his OC's. I want a good OC but a STRONG HC who can intervene/over-ride when needed.

That's all well and good, but that was supposed to be the case with Sparano. He was a motivator and a guy that had been a head coach. There were tons of stories about his "control" in the spring and summer before he scored zero TDs in the preseason. We can hope that it was all on Sanchez. It's all we can do.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#30 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

We can hope that it was all on Sanchez. It's all we can do.

Well Sanchez is definitely a problem, thinking that the malaise of this entire team is because of him, would be whistling in the dark.
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#31 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,389 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Well Sanchez is definitely a problem, thinking that the malaise of this entire team is because of him, would be whistling in the dark.

Funny you chose that phrasing. While Sanchez obviously isn't the cause of all our ills, I think he IS responsible for the malaise. Giving this team some life might go a long way towards righting the ship.

#32 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,518 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

if the Jets do move on from Sparano, the next OC will have to be some sort of QB guru (Andy Reid?). Because it doesn't look like sanchez is going anywhere.

#33 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Funny you chose that phrasing. While Sanchez obviously isn't the cause of all our ills, I think he IS responsible for the malaise. Giving this team some life might go a long way towards righting the ship.

That means we should finish 2-0. And..........just miss the playoffs.

So close to the SB is this team
LOL ignorance is bless.

#34 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

if the Jets do move on from Sparano, the next OC will have to be some sort of QB guru (Andy Reid?). Because it doesn't look like sanchez is going anywhere.

Andy Reid is going to be a head coach. Count on that
LOL ignorance is bless.

#35 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,389 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Guru? I think sacrificing chickens in a pentagram of goat's blood is only hope if that's the case.

#36 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Guru? I think sacrificing chickens in a pentagram of goat's blood is only hope if that's the case.

Rex has his loyalties, and damn it, Matt Cavanaugh must stay.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#37 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

If Jets dont get a high profile new GM, Rex stays. If they do he is 100% gone.
If Rex stays this is probably what Jets will do. Give the OC job to a proven OC and a veteran HC cause its obvious Rex just doesnt pay attention to the Offensive side of ball.
It would be like two Head Coaches. 1 for O, 1 for D, with Rex having the tiebreaker.

Regarding your scenario if Rex stays. exactly what would be different from today?

#38 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 24,601 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Norv Turner failure as head coach with talent to work with- sorry no way
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#39 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 30,546 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

That's all well and good, but that was supposed to be the case with Sparano. He was a motivator and a guy that had been a head coach. There were tons of stories about his "control" in the spring and summer before he scored zero TDs in the preseason. We can hope that it was all on Sanchez. It's all we can do.

I am all for shiitcannin Tony.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#40 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,389 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I am all for shiitcannin Tony.

So am I, but that is more because I hate him and most of what he stands for more than him not commanding the team like a former head coach. I think he probably fits that bill more than Norv.

#41 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Just asked about him in the draft forum...anyone put eyeballs on him this past season?

The West Virginia vs Syracuse bowl game is going to be a good one to see two of the top draftable QB's going head to head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users