OLB prospects

SenorGato

The other thing you have to remember is that Alabama game planned to neutralize T'eo from the jump. It's not often you game plan offensively for one particular player, especially at the college level.

That's a bit much bra. Watch the Moore vid above. Dude was double teamed the whole game, and most of the run plays went away from him, regardless of where he lined up.

I would suspect you gameplan for one player more in the college ranks because often times there is one true stud on a defense full of JAGs.

Guys like Suh, Clowney, Von Miller, etc., all head and shoulders above their teammates. You have to focus your gameplan on them. ND's front seven is full of NFL prospects however. Alabama didn't make Te'o miss all those tackles.

SEC talent > everyone else.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youtube cutups are basically useless but Mingo looks pretty fantastic. Of all the pass rushers in this year's class, he's the one that really stands out as being the first and fastest guy off the ball on a consistent snap-to-snap basis. He also makes a ton of plays when the ball goes the other way, and not just chasing them down from the backside. I've seen a couple of times on counters where he'd already be turning the corner in the backfield when the runner would cut the other way, and he'd double back around and take a perfect angle all the way across the field. Pretty scary sh*t from a guy who doesn't know how to play football yet. His frame presents a disadvantage in the combine metrics, so if he clears the benchmarks there I would be reasonably confident in this player at 9.

Archived