•  

Photo
- - - - -

Mehta tweet: Pettine rejects extension

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

IMO coaching football is coaching football success on any level takes leadership and ability to succeed. Pettines Father has been a successful coach so Pettine comes from a line of coaches as well. being an NFL coach does not mean your necessarily good at coaching it probably has more to do with connections, former player status and things of that nature. Pettine comes off as a very intelligent guy and football itself is not rocket science like some people in the industry would have you believe. I know you seee the word genius thrown around and I find that laughable to attach to a sport but we've also seen our share of idiots running NFL franchises and coaching teams. Pettine is a smart guy and i think he commands respect for that alone and I feel he would make a very solid HC. So when you say how much does he know about offense I cant really answer that question but putting the right people in place and the right skill players should not be that difficult for a guy whos life has been around football. Rex is a good defensive coach but he has had the luxery of talent around him his entire career including HOF caliber talent in Baltimore hes not actully out their getting crap to overacheive but thats a matter of opinion. If we need to get a HC this offseason I would hope for either a proven winner OR if we go the route of young up and comer there is no one I can think of I would rather have than Pettine. Why ? because i dont think Pettine would be stupid enough to totally ignore the offense and the QB and just dump that responsibilty solely on the next cast off coordinator like Rex did with Sparano.

I made a post above that I can see the Jets trying to keep Pettine to run the already established, and talent specific to scheme defensive system, this would give the Jets the option to fire Rex, and hire an up, and comer who knows keeping Pettine is part of the deal, kinda like Schotty with Rex.

After watching this Seahawks team play the last 3 weeks the offensive up, and comer might be Darrell Bevell, it's a shame Rex couldn't see that this guy, and him would have made a perfect match, and some how stole him from Petey.

#102 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I made a post above that I can see the Jets trying to keep Pettine to run the already established, and talent specific to scheme defensive system, this would give the Jets the option to fire Rex, and hire an up, and comer who knows keeping Pettine is part of the deal, kinda like Schotty with Rex.

After watching this Seahawks team play the last 3 weeks the offensive up, and comer might be Darrell Bevell, it's a shame Rex couldn't see that this guy, and him would have made a perfect match, and some how stole him from Petey.

He might want to coach Wisconsin for the rest of his career thou, and if so he will get that chance starting next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users