Jay Mohr taking over Jim Rome Show's slot in January!!

Blackout

Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I enjoy his podcast, but I won't be listening to this.

really??? Jay Mohr used to be a fill in host when Rome went on vacation (along with the Sklar Brothers) and Mohr was CAN'T MISS every time....i swear i even called in sick one day :D

I like Rome.... in fact he's got one of the better shows because his callers are all really good or really bad which either way is entertaining...unlike other shows like Dan Patrick who's callers are all lame or Cowherd who doesn't take calls.

but Rome wants to go to CBS sports radio (as a huge sports radio fan I never even knew CBS sprots HAD it's own radio outlet) for big bucks then good for him but I won't be listening if Jay Mohr is on the radio and I'd have to stream Rome.

really??? Jay Mohr used to be a fill in host when Rome went on vacation (along with the Sklar Brothers) and Mohr was CAN'T MISS every time....i swear i even called in sick one day :D

I like Rome.... in fact he's got one of the better shows because his callers are all really good or really bad which either way is entertaining...unlike other shows like Dan Patrick who's callers are all lame or Cowherd who doesn't take calls.

but Rome wants to go to CBS sports radio (as a huge sports radio fan I never even knew CBS sprots HAD it's own radio outlet) for big bucks then good for him but I won't be listening if Jay Mohr is on the radio and I'd have to stream Rome.

I never listened when he filled in so I probably won't now. Besides I work during those hours. I can't just sit around and listen to the radio

I like the Jay Mohr, but I still refuse to watch ESPN unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

he was nothing to do with ESPN at all (thankfully)

I remember when Jay Mohr had that TV show on espn at night....he had Suge Knight and a young Crooked I (from Slaughterhouse) as guests on one episode! it was great

Yeah I like Mohr. My only guess as to why Rome has had a job for so long is it's a west coast Cali thing. The way he talks, the whole part surfer, part fratboy, part aloof, egomaniacal, bill and teds excellent adventure, thing.

he does well in cities outside of Cali though (all over Texas and the midwest)

Yeah I like Mohr. My only guess as to why Rome has had a job for so long is it's a west coast Cali thing. The way he talks, the whole part surfer, part fratboy, part aloof, egomaniacal, bill and teds excellent adventure, thing.

...yea and there's no 'tude from the East Coasters.... :winking0001:

There were 2 other sportsradio guys just like Rome. Obnoxious.

John Renshaw and Ferell. Ferell used to be in Atlanta, but has moved on. Renshaw was on the radio here a few years back, but kept getting drunk on the air so they fired him. Rome lasted the longest like a cockroach.

• 2 weeks later...

This. Rome is such an F-ing narcissist it's disgusting. I LOVE when Jim Everett bitch-slapped him on national TV and he cried like the pussy he is!!! "Security!! Security!!!!" Homo ...

The Everett thing was crazy, but the best response I've seen to Rome was by sports writer Wallace Matthews (he works for ESPNNY now).

Matthews and Rome used to have a cable show together and Matthews quit on the air after Rome called Oksana Baiul a whore for wearing a lot of makeup during her iceskating competitions.

Archived