Tebow should just head to the CFL

SouthernJet

Seriously.

I think the CFL game fits his style to a T.

Wider field stops the Defense from stacking the box as much.

More space for WRs to roam giving him a little more 'open space' for his 'unique' passing talent.

Darian Durant had much the same skillset/game as TT in College and has been a star in CFL.

He would start, hone his skillset, improve Passing and maybe aka Warren Moon, return to glory in NFL.

Who knows, just a crazy thought :)

I'd like to see someone in the NFL actually give Tebow a shot to see what he can do.

He did pretty well in Denver last season with a make-shift offense, how about actually building around him and giving the kid a chance. He is a born leader and he actually makes the players around him better. I am by no means suggesting that the Jets make Tebow their future I'd just like to see a team give the kid a chance.

I'd like to see someone in the NFL actually give Tebow a shot to see what he can do.

He did pretty well in Denver last season with a make-shift offense, how about actually building around him and giving the kid a chance. He is a born leader and he actually makes the players around him better. I am by no means suggesting that the Jets make Tebow their future I'd just like to see a team give the kid a chance.

given how bad sanchez has been this year, if we didnt give him a chance this year he must really be bad

the other side is the passing game is more important in the CFL due to reduced downs and hoping he's gonna improve his passing is a longshot, no matter where he plays.

That was my initial thought too, but the motion (crazy forward motion), big field (including giant end zone) really could lend themselves to Tebow's skill set. With 12 guys, motion and a wide field Tebow could pitch, run or pass for 12 yards with ease IMO. He is the anti Dieter Brock. Although he was a far better passer, remember Warren Moon made his bones north of the border when the NFL cognoscenti said he lacked the prerequisite QB skills.

I think QB's make about $350,000 in the CFL.

Tebow might end up there, but he won't be happy.

I just looked it up. The top contract was around $500K last year. I think Tebow's star power would get him that, at least. But yeah, not what he'd hope to make in the NFL at all. I don't know if money is a big driving force for him, but I do think the Tebow brand is. He'd raise the profile of the entire CFL, but Doug Flutie did that to a certain extent, too, and most Americans didn't really have a clue about what he was doing up there.

And yet, Tebow is different. At the very least, I suspect his games would be broadcast in Florida. I don't know, I think three or four years up there starting, honing his craft, still being relevant in his home state... I think that all works for him. If he can continue to "just win" up there, I bet he could come back and get a real shot.

I just looked it up. The top contract was around $500K last year. I think Tebow's star power would get him that, at least. But yeah, not what he'd hope to make in the NFL at all. I don't know if money is a big driving force for him, but I do think the Tebow brand is. He'd raise the profile of the entire CFL, but Doug Flutie did that to a certain extent, too, and most Americans didn't really have a clue about what he was doing up there.

And yet, Tebow is different. At the very least, I suspect his games would be broadcast in Florida. I don't know, I think three or four years up there starting, honing his craft, still being relevant in his home state... I think that all works for him. If he can continue to "just win" up there, I bet he could come back and get a real shot.

Ya Tebow aint playin in effen Kanada mon ,the dude maked $2m as a backup and he will continue to make that amount.

He "just won" in denver last year and no team wanted to give him a chance this year. I understand why teams don't want to give him a chance in the NFL I just hope that someone eventually does. I'd like to see an offense designed around his skills and a full off-season to prep.

I know Tebow doesn't look pretty running an NFL offense but at the same time if he had started all season for the Jets they would be a whole lot better than 6-8.

Just announced on NFL Network - a source close to Tim Tebow states "Tebow will never pursue the CFL as an option to play football."

Guess he's too good for that - makes him a bit less like able to me.

i am sure he will try and keep nfl dream alive as long as cash there. I just think he might make a impact there. the CFL might be a option when that day comes when no one is willing to hire him in nfl. its then CFL or retire/Minister :)

Just announced on NFL Network - a source close to Tim Tebow states "Tebow will never pursue the CFL as an option to play football."

Guess he's too good for that - makes him a bit less like able to me.

You're kidding right >? First you don't like Tebow anyway.. second, who in their right mind would criticize someone for wanting to stay in the country they grew up in and play the game they grew up watching, if they are a pro player.. that is ridiculous ..

for guys that could not even get drafted, I could see wanting to make some coin up there.. but Tim can make all the money he wants just being the first sophomore to win the Heisman.. AND putting 300+ yds in the air on the Steelers when he gets the chance.

You haven't commented on Sanchez not being willing to move to Montreal ?

You're kidding right >? First you don't like Tebow anyway.. second, who in their right mind would criticize someone for wanting to stay in the country they grew up in and play the game they grew up watching, if they are a pro player.. that is ridiculous ..

Canada pays about a tenth of what the NFL pays, and it is the place where players who think they might make the NFL play until they can get a chance to crack the big time. Many players who are cut go to Canada until they can try out for an NFL club the next year. By saying he will never even consider Canada at any time, Tebow is saying he won't accept a setback and work hard to come back-he'll just walk away. That does make him seem less humble.

if they are a pro player..

And that is what is at question. I think his chances to play professional football, although not NFL, would be better in the CFL.

It's sounding like TT will get a chance in J-ville next year. Come back next December and let us know how that worked out. I hope he wins the starting role and has a pro-bowl caliber year. I think there's almost no chance he will, but that doesn't keep me from hoping he does. Should that not work out for him - I hope he changes his stance and gives the CFL a try. I'll be a fan of whatever team he plays on.

Archived