RB Prospects

RyanBe_Tebowing

With Gato posting the thread about OLBs, I feel the need to discuss the RB position in the draft as well. Here's a list of the top RB prospects in no order.

Eddie Lacy

Giovani Bernard

Le'Veon Bell

Andre Ellington

Joesph Randle

Rex Burkhead

Ray Graham

Montee Ball

Stepfan Taylor

Kenjon Barner

Silas Redd

Cierre Wood

Theo Riddick

This class is pretty good but obviously took a huge blow after Lattimore's injury. With Shonn Greene out, it's a lot more likely we draft one of these guys in the higher rounds (1st-3rd). I would enjoy some of the faster big playmaking products on this list (Eddie Lacy, Kenjon Barner, Andre Ellington), but that's just me.

Riddick was a WR at ND but really came on as a runner. I'd love him in a later round.

I like what I've seen from Powell and of we can get someone to compliment him, that's be great.

That said, I don't see a RB before rounf 4 or 5 because we have pressing needs at TE, OG, OT, S, OLB and MLB.

Randle is one of my favorites. Can hit a home run, great hands out of the backfield, really good pass blocker.

Also like Bernard a lot. Shifty but pretty fast too, nice vision, good pass catcher. He's been dinged up though and I've read medical evals may not go so well for him. Good player, solid all around back.

Ray Graham is interesting also. Started to hit his stride a bit late in the season after his ACL injury last year. I think he could outperform his draft position if he starts to return to his junior year form, but obviously injuries are a concern for him too. But a potential mid-round steal.

Randle is one of my favorites. Can hit a home run, great hands out of the backfield, really good pass blocker.

Also like Bernard a lot. Shifty but pretty fast too, nice vision, good pass catcher. He's been dinged up though and I've read medical evals may not go so well for him. Good player, solid all around back.

Ray Graham is interesting also. Started to hit his stride a bit late in the season after his ACL injury last year. I think he could outperform his draft position if he starts to return to his junior year form, but obviously injuries are a concern for him too. But a potential mid-round steal.

bernard wont last in NFL mon, has talent just see a short injured career, enuff with ACC scraps mon

With Gato posting the thread about OLBs, I feel the need to discuss the RB position in the draft as well. Here's a list of the top RB prospects in no order.

Eddie Lacy

Giovani Bernard

Le'Veon Bell

Andre Ellington

Joesph Randle

Rex Burkhead

Ray Graham

Montee Ball

Stepfan Taylor

Kenjon Barner

Silas Redd

Cierre Wood

Theo Riddick

This class is pretty good but obviously took a huge blow after Lattimore's injury. With Shonn Greene out, it's a lot more likely we draft one of these guys in the higher rounds (1st-3rd). I would enjoy some of the faster big playmaking products on this list (Eddie Lacy, Kenjon Barner, Andre Ellington), but that's just me.

None of these guys are worth a 1st or 2nd IMO. Maybe Lacy purely based on the recent Bama RB pedigree but even he doesnt seem worhty of that high of a selection. Ball's got a lot of mileage on him and reminds me a ton of Greene's career in college. I like Benard and Randle, but again, wouldnt spend a 1st our 2nd on them.

I'd much prefer waiting and targeting a later round player. No homer, but Gillislee is a good prospect. Runs between the tackles, can break it outside, wiggle, break away speed and can catch. I'm guessing he'll be a 3rd rounder? Dont know. But thats a brilliant value pick and would be a solid compliment.

I'd much prefer waiting and targeting a later round player. No homer, but Gillislee is a good prospect. Runs between the tackles, can break it outside, wiggle, break away speed and can catch. I'm guessing he'll be a 3rd rounder? Dont know. But thats a brilliant value pick and would be a solid compliment.

gill is a great prospect and he could go rd 2 with a strong senior bowl. He was clutch for them all year. FLA pedigree on RB's is pretty good (fred taylor, emmitt)

gill is a great prospect and he could go rd 2 with a strong senior bowl. He was clutch for them all year. FLA pedigree on RB's is pretty good (fred taylor, emmitt)

They havent had a good RB prospect in a long time.

I wasnt sure where he was grading out these days but yeah, I agree, solid Senior Bowl and nice combine could make him a 2nd round prospect...which might be too high IMO. 3rd round seems perfect for him.

They havent had a good RB prospect in a long time.

I wasnt sure where he was grading out these days but yeah, I agree, solid Senior Bowl and nice combine could make him a 2nd round prospect...which might be too high IMO. 3rd round seems perfect for him.

Ya Will take any SEC prospect over ACC scrap. lacy is not a fit for jets. not a home run threat. I C falcons taking him in 2nd rd to replace Turner

Riddick was a WR at ND but really came on as a runner. I'd love him in a later round.

I like what I've seen from Powell and of we can get someone to compliment him, that's be great.

That said, I don't see a RB before rounf 4 or 5 because we have pressing needs at TE, OG, OT, S, OLB and MLB.

I went to school 15 minutes away from where Riddick played, the people there chanted his names all game like he was a celebrity. For a good reason too, dude is a beast.

yeah i think lacey and ball are complete backs... i'd really like them.. those other guys are more compliment backs like ellington or bell

i just think we need to make rb a serious concern, our offense was snappin when a real back, lt... greene just puts his head down and runs into linemens' backs

really like Kenjon Barner. would love him in the 2nd or 3rd. Gillisee from Florida is not bad but I do not know he will translate to the pros. Monte Ball is a beast but I do not know if he is explosive enough. Id consider Lattiomore late somwhere in the 4th or 5th if he is still around. I would just really like an explosive rb who can catch out of the backfield and has breakaway speed.

Miguel Maysonet from stony brook, and my hometown of Riverhead, NY. Before you knock me look him up. I watched him all through high school. Good kid too. Could be our new Leon Washington.

Agreed, would make for a nice 7th round pick. Funny I actually put him in a mock I was just playing around with a few days ago...

Archived