Jets first game without playoff implications since 2007

JOJOTOWNSELL

The Jets haven't had a franchise QB since Namath. They aren't easy to get.

Finding them is one thing, developing them is another.

I think you need to do both.

O'Brien for example could have been a great QB in my opinion, but he was ruined.

I know this is not going to make a lot of people happy, but Sanchez MIGHT have been a franchise QB if he was developed properly, he was a case study in how not to develop a QB.

T-Rex seem to think you can just draft a QB high to get a franchise guy, so so wrong.

Many guys who IMO could have been true franchise QB's have been ruined by the teams they are drafted by.

Finding them is one thing, developing them is another.

I think you need to do both.

O'Brien for example could have been a great QB in my opinion, but he was ruined.

I know this is not going to make a lot of people happy, but Sanchez MIGHT have been a franchise QB if he was developed properly, he was a case study in how not to develop a QB.

T-Rex seem to think you can just draft a QB high to get a franchise guy, so so wrong.

Many guys who IMO could have been true franchise QB's have been ruined by the teams they are drafted by.

Sanchez never had the physical ability or makeup to be a great QB.

Sanchez never had the physical ability or makeup to be a great QB.

Makeup, perhaps, tough to say, but most QB's would have gotten frustrated, if not shot by what happened the last two years.

He can make all the throws, is athletic enough, and showed the ability to come back from deficits on multiple occasions, including playoff games.

I don't think you can fake that, nor can you fake his road playoff success.

The Jets were a case study on how not to develop a QB with Sanchez. The results may not have been a franchise QB, but they did a God awful job with him.

Makeup, perhaps, tough to say, but most QB's would have gotten frustrated, if not shot by what happened the last two years.

He can make all the throws, is athletic enough, and showed the ability to come back from deficits on multiple occasions, including playoff games.

I don't think you can fake that, nor can you fake his road playoff success.

The Jets were a case study on how not to develop a QB with Sanchez. The results may not have been a franchise QB, but they did a God awful job with him.

If he was a franchise QB he would've at least tried to learn how not to fumble with every sack, how to see the field and how to read the other team's D. Stop offloading blame for how much he sucks onto others. It's his career.

If he was a franchise QB he would've at least tried to learn how not to fumble with every sack, how to see the field and how to read the other team's D. Stop offloading blame for how much he sucks onto others. It's his career.

I really don't feel like having this argument again, if you think he was developed well, you are entitled to your opinion.

I think it was a case study on how not to develop a QB.

His career, yes, but the Jets investment.

Sanchez not panning out will turn out to be a bare minimum of 6 years setback on the franchise, Sanchez is still going to be rich.

It makes zero sense to draft a QB that high, and then develop him as poorly as they did. Zero!

The Jets haven't been the most pathetic team in the NFL, but they've hardly been great, either. And they have this special way of doing things that just drives everyone up the f*cking wall. Oh, and thing have a way of happening TO them that don't happen to other teams (butt fumble).

Archived